Default Cheap trash pump ?

Sorry to be little off topic here but I am in need of a 2" - 3" trash
pump off and on for a few month's. I can seem to find a decent used one
( real brand ) locally at this very moment and was thinking about
buying one of these knock offs from www.ruralking.com etc -

http://ruralking.com/rko/cart.cgi?PR...Io07803842uASI
-
Anyone have any experience with these or even the engines powering
them ? -thanks

j.b. miller

Gee, this looks like a no brainer... 5 1/2 HP moter AND pump for $170 bucks
!! WITH a 2 year no nonsense warranty. Some days I wished I lived below the
49th, to get deals like that!!
Depending on what you need it for,even it it only lasted 2 years, it'd have
cost you a simple $8 per month, 2 $ per week.
If it's for a contract job, heck quote an extra 200 in the price, and the
pump is free.
I can't get JUST the engine alone for less than $300 Canuck bucks( 225US ?),
and you get a pump and a cage !!!

Jay in wintry southern Ontario( 6" + of the white stuff)

Roy

On 23 Dec 2004 04:16:22 -0800, wrote:

===Sorry to be little off topic here but I am in need of a 2" - 3" trash
===pump off and on for a few month's. I can seem to find a decent used one
===( real brand ) locally at this very moment and was thinking about
===buying one of these knock offs from
www.ruralking.com etc -
===
===http://ruralking.com/rko/cart.cgi?PR...Io07803842uASI
===-
===Anyone have any experience with these or even the engines powering
===them ? -thanks

That pump has the knock off B & S engine on it, made in China......It
does not have a lot of output IMHO, but if its suitable for your use,
go for it, your loss would not be all that great. I bought my trash
pump from Jerry B Leech Co. A bit more $$ but not that much more and
its got a B & S engine on it and parts are readily available. Pump is
made by PACER who is a major manuf of pumps and has been around for
many years. IIRC my shipping was free.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

I think the engine is copy of one of the major Japanese mfg engines .