Default 3Ph converter idler motor speed

In article t,
says...
Hello group:
I am one of the probably many lurkers on this site and I wish to thank
all contributors to this newsgroup for adding to my somewhat limited
knowledge of machining, it amazes me the massive knowledge base that is
available here, I enjoy reading everything that is posted-even the OT
post witch at the very least are entertaining .
I do have a question though, somewhere I saw a post dealing with 3ph
converters, specifically the best speed for the idler motor. I am in the
process of building a 30HP 3PH converter to run a new inverter welder
that I have,a welder that can not be run on single phase but will run on
240,360,440 volts 3PH,it was made for shipboard (marine) use only-for
UNITOR by Lincoln France,(Unitor is a suppler of commercial marine
equipment world wide).I have access to almost any size(up to
150HP),speed( from 3900rpm to 870 rpm)and type of motor plus all the
caps,contacts,switches,wire and boxes I will need.
Any help or information is greatly appreciated.
I am located in central Florida near Orlando and as I stated above I
have access to a large supply of industrial and military surplus,
electrical items,machining supply and equipment,hydraulic and welding
equipment-I deal in surplus part time to supplement my retirement income
but have friends that are in the business on a large scale so if anybody
here needs anything send me a email and I will try to help.
Thanks again:
Bill K

Robert Swinney

Your description of access to military surplus leads to the question re.
30HP 3PH motor you wish to incorporate into a rotary phase converter system.
Is the motor a commercial 60 HZ machine or is it a military surplus 400 Hz
machine?

Bob Swinney
wrote in message
k.net...
[...]

Jerry Martes

Bill K

How much current do you have available on the 240 VAC single phase
service? But, you are probably aware that a 30 HP idler could be
difficult to spin up.

I dont see many high current single phase services.

I'd be real interested in hearing about how your project progresses.

Jerry

wrote in message
[...]

Hi Jerry:
I have 400 amp service available were the converter will be located, the
building is a rental 25x10 storage building, I have 4 units in a row and
have the only 220 volt in the park, the other units are fed from another
pole on the other side of the complex and are strictly for storage. The
owner was going to add another 20 units on my end but never did so I get
all the power. I would have 3ph run to my building but the power co
wanted almost $9,000.00 to do it, even though the pole were my power
comes from has three phase to it, they said it was because my building
was a commercial building.
Thanks again:
Bill K

Potential Relay for phase converter gradstdnt Metalworking 12 April 26th 19 01:18 PM
Phase converter won't spin compressor Jeffrey M. Borning Metalworking 18 January 23rd 04 06:50 PM
Motor Phases SRF Metalworking 20 October 23rd 03 09:32 AM
Voltage on Phase Converter Steve Metalworking 2 August 15th 03 09:29 AM