DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   protecting wood/plywood from elements (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/80768-re-protecting-wood-plywood-elements.html)

Old Nick December 8th 04 11:06 PM

protecting wood/plywood from elements

On 8 Dec 2004 15:07:21 GMT, Ignoramus21494
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I have followed the thread. Why are you not looking at steel for the
base and enclosure? Much moire robist and suitable.

I am building a generator platform and enclosure.

The platform is built from plywood, tires for cusioning and boards (I
asked a few questions about it here and will post pictures soon). It
will be, hopefully, inside the enclosure and protected from elements.

Enclosure will be built from plywood and boards also. I want to
protect it from elements. Would it be wise to use some oily substance
like they use on decks (cedar deck treatment or some such".

Thanks

[email protected] December 9th 04 12:37 AM

50-50 tar and diesel ...mix and paint...

[email protected] December 9th 04 12:37 AM

50-50 tar and diesel ...mix and paint...

Old Nick December 11th 04 08:01 AM

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:06:16 +0800, Old Nick
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

On 8 Dec 2004 15:07:21 GMT, Ignoramus21494
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

I have followed the thread. Why are you not looking at steel for the
base and enclosure? Much moire robist and suitable.

Shrug. It was a serious attempt to help.

---
Only worry about the things you can control.

Then you have stuff all to worry about!