Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Michael

Default Replace sintered bushing bearing?

Hi all. I picked up an old Millers Falls arbor at a flea market. It has a
1/2" shaft with bronze bearings. The bearings are scored, and the shaft has
a bit of wear. After cleaning, and using some lithium grease (it has oil
caps) on the thing, I can barely feel play while wiggling each end. I plan
on using 8" buffing wheels at 1750 RPM if I can........

Does this old unit lend itself to changing out the bushings? Any idea where
to get them? I would also change them out for some sealed bearings if they
make them this small, and having another shaft turned.......before I get too
much $ involved ($5, so far),
any opinions if this is worth doing? Can I use it as is? TIA

Michael