DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cupro-nickel brake line (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/78615-re-cupro-nickel-brake-line.html)

Alan November 25th 04 12:00 AM

Cupro-nickel brake line

wrote:

Actually, they were availably at HD in a pair of wheels, no bracket, or a
bracket with wheel. The bracket includes a slot for the axle which is adjusted
by a long machine screw, so it may be just the ticket for your purpose. Get a
pair of wheels and one bracket with a 3rd wheel, under $10.

I got the high-grade metal wheels, so the total ran $13.49. :-)
I can screw them to a piece of old plywood or metal and it's done!
The only extra parts will be the screws and some washers to space
the two fixed wheels up to the same level as the adjustable one.
Thanks for everyone for the excellent idea. I'll let you know
how it works out when the tubing arrives.

Of course, the kid at the hardware store must have thought I
was a bit bonkers. The conversation went something like this:

Me: I'm looking for sliding door hardware.
Kid: It's right here in this aisle. Do you have the old ones?
Me: No.
Kid: Then how will you know which ones to get?
Me (rolling eyes): Because it isn't for a sliding door.

Alan