Old December 9th 04, 10:32 PM
Cliff

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:05:26 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:02:12 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
Using the insanity defense so early on?

It beats the stupidity defense.

That didn't work for you either?
What are you going to try next?
--
Cliff

Old December 10th 04, 06:36 AM
Cliff

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:49:59 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

If you are not part of
the solution, you are part of the problem.

What problem?
--
Cliff
Old December 10th 04, 09:18 AM
Michael

Gunner wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:58:53 -0500, "Kathy"

snipped a very reasoned response

Very, very well stated, Gunner. We have all (vets), been there, done that.
In VN, for example, the air support couldn't combat the NVA if they dug in
well, and were spread out. The big stuff just couldn't dig them out. Along
comes *fu gas*. If I remember, it was JP4 liquefied with something to make
it like jello. We would pick up a sling load of this stuff in 55 gal
barrels, go to an entrenched enemy area, and drop it from 100 feet. The door
gunner would drop a smoke grenade on top to ignite, and the enemy would stop
shooting at us forever. I dropped a bunch of this stuff in the DMZ area
around Quan Tri, and would even hover to get the best drop. A few rounds
through the helo didn't stop us at all...Actually, I made a couple of double
drops when that happened...

Old December 10th 04, 09:43 AM
The Watcher

wrote:

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:02:12 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
Using the insanity defense so early on?

It beats the stupidity defense.

That didn't work for you either?

And it's not doing anything for you.

What are you going to try next?

I'll continue using logic and critical thinking skills to shoot down every lame
argument you post here until you slink away to hide. I notice you're avoiding my
posts already, so it must be working. Have a nice day, Cliffie.

Old December 10th 04, 11:05 AM
Gunner

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:18:49 -0800, "Michael"
wrote:

Gunner wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:58:53 -0500, "Kathy"

snipped a very reasoned response

Very, very well stated, Gunner. We have all (vets), been there, done that.
In VN, for example, the air support couldn't combat the NVA if they dug in
well, and were spread out. The big stuff just couldn't dig them out. Along
comes *fu gas*. If I remember, it was JP4 liquefied with something to make
it like jello. We would pick up a sling load of this stuff in 55 gal
barrels, go to an entrenched enemy area, and drop it from 100 feet. The door
gunner would drop a smoke grenade on top to ignite, and the enemy would stop
shooting at us forever. I dropped a bunch of this stuff in the DMZ area
around Quan Tri, and would even hover to get the best drop. A few rounds
through the helo didn't stop us at all...Actually, I made a couple of double
drops when that happened...

Ever carry a case or two of regular glass water glasses? Stick a
grenade in the glass, pull the pin and drop it.

If you were higher than the 5 second delay, it didnt count until it
hit the ground and broke the glass, and would generally make it down
through triple canopy.

Sure helped out if the poor *******s on the ground were asshole deep
in Mr. Charles and needed some air support but tac air was too far
out.

Geeze... I guess the Korean war didnt teach us that particular trick
so we could spend several hundred million dollars developing the
aerial deployed foilage penetrating hand grenade Mark1 Mod 0.

Doesnt seem to be much call for that trick in this war.....not a lot
of saw grass or triple canopy in the Sandbox.......
But we sure should have spent the money!!!

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third
hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're
around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right
before demode` (out of fashion).
-Buddy Jordan 2001

Old December 10th 04, 11:40 AM
Cliff

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:18:49 -0800, "Michael"
wrote:

Gunner wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:58:53 -0500, "Kathy"

snipped a very reasoned response

Very, very well stated, Gunner. We have all (vets), been there, done that.
In VN, for example, the air support couldn't combat the NVA if they dug in
well, and were spread out. The big stuff just couldn't dig them out. Along
comes *fu gas*. If I remember, it was JP4 liquefied with something to make
it like jello. We would pick up a sling load of this stuff in 55 gal
barrels, go to an entrenched enemy area, and drop it from 100 feet. The door
gunner would drop a smoke grenade on top to ignite, and the enemy would stop
shooting at us forever.

You used banned WMDS & internationally-banned incendiary weapons
in your fun & games?
From 40,000 feet?

Why not leave the freedom fighters alone? Were they bothering
you?
--
Cliff

Old December 10th 04, 11:41 AM
Cliff

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:05:43 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

But we sure should have spent the money!!!

BRAVO !!!
--
Cliff
Old December 10th 04, 12:25 PM
Cliff

wrote:

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:02:12 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
Using the insanity defense so early on?

It beats the stupidity defense.

That didn't work for you either?

And it's not doing anything for you.

I never tried to claim that it would work. Nice
to watch you try it anyway.

What are you going to try next?

I'll continue using logic and critical thinking skills to shoot down every lame
argument you post here until you slink away to hide. I notice you're avoiding my
posts already, so it must be working. Have a nice day, Cliffie.

Still missing a lot, are you?
--
Cliff

Old December 11th 04, 10:15 PM
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:21:49 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

The more I read about this war, and how it's being "handled", the
less enamored I am of our leaders & military, knowwhatImean,Vern?

I understand. Im an amature military historian. There have been
better run wars. And there have been far worse run ones. All things
considered, this is one of the better ones.

A scary thought in an of itself. What's the old cliche? About how
optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds, but pessimists
are afraid the optimists are right.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.
Old December 12th 04, 05:52 AM
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Guido
wrote back on Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:41:46 +0000 in alt.machines.cnc :
pyotr filipivich wrote:

The Poles recovered at least 5 containing Cyclosarin - a New and
Improved version of Sarin.

If memory serves, 17 of the "old fashioned" mustard gas kind have been
recovered as well.

Your memory is failing according to the US military.

Hey, I only know what was reported in the news. If you can't trust CBS
or the New York times, who can you trust? Right wing blogs?

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.

If Guns Were Outlawed, Only Bad Dogs Would Have Guns Joe Metalworking 0 September 9th 04 07:50 PM
HVLP spray guns Siggy Metalworking 7 September 2nd 04 03:42 PM
Nice write up about LEDs Gunner Metalworking 242 June 13th 04 04:10 PM
ot- Gun Laws in Australia Gunner Metalworking 10 April 28th 04 10:46 AM