Gunner

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:37:03 +0000, Guido wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:01:20 +0000, Guido wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Venison is a major part of your diet is it, without it you'd
starve eh?

No. Should it be? Then on the other hand, unless you are a vegan,
that would mean you are a gutless ******* who prefers to pay men to
slaughter helpless animals on your behalf, then supply the meat to you
in nice sanitary little plastic wapped containers that have no hint of
where it came from.

If you need a dirty job doing get some in to do it properly.

I do it quite properly thank you very much. I dont have a lack of
nads problem.

DIyers jeeez! Keep people in work. What's the point of
trudging through the mud all day? How much would save anyway
??? wouldn't get me outta bed for under $500 of a week end.

Actually, it winds up costing around $50 a pound by the time the
average person tallies up the total, from gas, arms, ammo, expenses to
the hunting area, license fees etc.

So the hunting has nothing to do with food then.

The hunting has only something to do with food. I rather like the
taste of venison and the local market doesnt sell it.

All of which goes directly back into the local economy, and the
Pitman-Robertson taxes goes directly into game management,
conservation and so forth.

Frame it a tax Gunner supports.

Yep. I do support some.

I donate quite a few dollars every year directly and indirectly
towards preservation and management. And support local enconomies.

You on the other hand...dont.

Nope I just wander down the lane to see Phil at the local farm:
http://www.choppingblock.co.uk/butchers.htm

And this has what to do with benefiting the local wildlife?
if its venison then I'll drop into Pailton on the way home.

So you admit you are too gutless to harvest your own meat.

You are an idiot. You'd be puking your guts up the moment you
started to field dress a game animal, but will express satisfaction
with buying a chunk of meat. pha!

Yep I wear leather shoes too, but have no desire to have a
tannery in my backyard either.

Good for you. I evidently am made of sterner stuff. Btw..your
hypocrasy is noted. You are a self confessed meat eater and yet
castigate others for eliminating the middle man.

But then..you ARE British. That speaks volumes.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

that would mean you are a gutless ******* who prefers to pay men to
slaughter helpless animals on your behalf, then supply the meat to you
in nice sanitary little plastic wapped containers that have no hint of
where it came from.

You don't remember that hilarious web site, where they guy
demonstrated that the bambi-burger he got his wife was worth
a *lot* more than the diamond ring she *really* wanted.

His math was spot on, and it was a howler.

Jim

please reply to:
Guido

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:37:03 +0000, Guido wrote:

So the hunting has nothing to do with food then.

The hunting has only something to do with food. I rather like the
taste of venison and the local market doesnt sell it.

Too sweet for my taste. However, your retreat is noted:

"Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those
are not the type I hunt and eat."

All of which goes directly back into the local economy, and the
Pitman-Robertson taxes goes directly into game management,
conservation and so forth.

Frame it a tax Gunner supports.

Yep. I do support some.

I donate quite a few dollars every year directly and indirectly
towards preservation and management. And support local enconomies.

You on the other hand...dont.

Nope I just wander down the lane to see Phil at the local farm:
http://www.choppingblock.co.uk/butchers.htm

And this has what to do with benefiting the local wildlife?

Bugger all! Though I do pay a few $100s each year into
various wildlife trusts and conservation groups. Even set
one of them up back in the 1970s, and another back in 1980.

if its venison then I'll drop into Pailton on the way home.

So you admit you are too gutless to harvest your own meat.

Why not?

You are an idiot. You'd be puking your guts up the moment you
started to field dress a game animal, but will express satisfaction
with buying a chunk of meat. pha!

Yep I wear leather shoes too, but have no desire to have a
tannery in my backyard either.

Good for you. I evidently am made of sterner stuff. Btw..your
hypocrasy is noted. You are a self confessed meat eater and yet
castigate others for eliminating the middle man.

"made of sterner stuff" - Don't exaggerate:

Castigate: To inflict severe punishment on.
To criticize severely.

you poor sensitive soul you.

But then..you ARE British.

Perhaps - could be French!

Gunner

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:01:18 +0000, Guido wrote:

So the hunting has nothing to do with food then.

The hunting has only something to do with food. I rather like the
taste of venison and the local market doesnt sell it.

Too sweet for my taste. However, your retreat is noted:

"Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those
are not the type I hunt and eat."

Retreat? Suggesting I should hunt and eat a Disney cartoon cell
(celluloid) deer rather than the flesh and blood ones I do hunt and
eat is a retreat? Dunkirk was a retreat old boy. Do pay attention.

All of which goes directly back into the local economy, and the
Pitman-Robertson taxes goes directly into game management,
conservation and so forth.

Frame it a tax Gunner supports.

Yep. I do support some.

I donate quite a few dollars every year directly and indirectly
towards preservation and management. And support local enconomies.

You on the other hand...dont.

Nope I just wander down the lane to see Phil at the local farm:
http://www.choppingblock.co.uk/butchers.htm

And this has what to do with benefiting the local wildlife?

Bugger all! Though I do pay a few $100s each year into
various wildlife trusts and conservation groups. Even set
one of them up back in the 1970s, and another back in 1980.

Good lad. Now about hunting?

if its venison then I'll drop into Pailton on the way home.

So you admit you are too gutless to harvest your own meat.

Why not?

Each to his own.

You are an idiot. You'd be puking your guts up the moment you
started to field dress a game animal, but will express satisfaction
with buying a chunk of meat. pha!

Yep I wear leather shoes too, but have no desire to have a
tannery in my backyard either.

Good for you. I evidently am made of sterner stuff. Btw..your
hypocrasy is noted. You are a self confessed meat eater and yet
castigate others for eliminating the middle man.

"made of sterner stuff" - Don't exaggerate:

I butcher my own meat when necessary, from the time I squeeze the
trigger to the time it goes on the grill. You prefer to buy yours and
have someone else do the dirty work. Id say thats not Sterner stuff.
Castigate: To inflict severe punishment on.
To criticize severely.

you poor sensitive soul you.

Because you criticize..doesnt mean it affects me much. Or at all.

But then..you ARE British.

Perhaps - could be French!

I suspect you actually are. At least in spirit.

What was that was said about the French...hairy unwashed surrender
monkeys...?

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better,
on average, than the citizens of Baltimore.
True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee,
but why this is more stylish than
sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know."
-- P.J O'Rourke (1989)
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message

I butcher my own meat when necessary, from the time I squeeze the
trigger to the time it goes on the grill.

Which has to be quick, if you're from the U.P. and there are game wardens
around. d8-)

Ed Huntress

Gunner

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:41:02 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

I butcher my own meat when necessary, from the time I squeeze the
trigger to the time it goes on the grill.

Which has to be quick, if you're from the U.P. and there are game wardens
around. d8-)

Ed Huntress

G A .22 replete with baby bottle nipple , a jacklight, and a Webber
Kettle. These are the things a feast are made of.

Ah...but the good old days.

Sigh..sniff...nostalgia sorta brings a tear to me eye...

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Cliff

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:37:48 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On 06 Dec 2004 05:36:41 GMT, Retief
wrote:

What's even more amusing, is that you seem to show the common
confusion that the right to own firearms is somehow only guaranteed to
the militia. Clearly the Founders knew the difference between
"militia" and "the people", as they used both terms, non-synonymously,
in the 2nd amendment.

Retief

but..but..but...but everyone knows that the People mentioned in the
2nd Amendment is different than the People mentioned in the BOR, the
Preamble and the rest of the Constitution.

Only in the 2nd does The People mean a government organization.

Just ask any Liberal. They know all about that stuff.......

snicker.....

What part of "Reserved for/to the States" was unclear?
Guess who regulates those "militias".

"In 1886, in Presser v. Illinois, the Court reaffirmed the concept
of a state's rights, as it were, to control guns, and this position
has never been modified. Therefore, it re-mains the Court's last word
on the subject. Lower courts have time and again held to this
precedent."

Gummer, YOU don't even KNOW what "arms" are!!!

Stop drooling on the keyboard.
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:32:14 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Yep I wear leather shoes too, but have no desire to have a
tannery in my backyard either.

Good for you. I evidently am made of sterner stuff.

Has Gummer's place been condemmed?
Has the EPA been notified?
Are the neighbors up in arms?
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:33:48 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

I should hunt and eat a Disney cartoon cell (celluloid)

In your usual fantasy world again, are you?
--
Cliff

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:40:09 GMT in
alt.machines.cnc :
On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:58:48 +0000, Guido wrote:

Cliff wrote:
On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 02:04:18 GMT, Gunner
wrote:
Indeed those are far more efficient for punching holes in sheet
metal.
Its a bit harder to wedge a deer in those jaws however.
Use a rock: http://www.artwooddesigns.com/angrygrizzly.jpg
Or were you thinking of:
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/Bambi/bambi_1.jpg ?

Isnt that cute! Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those are
not the type I hunt and eat.

Have a heart, Gunner, from the way some people act, they learned all
they know about Wildlife Management and Deer hunting from that movie.

I mean, it isn't so bad that they learned everything from the movies,
but they learned it from animated movies.
--
pyotr filipivich
When did the word "mosque" take on the meaning "store house for weapons"?

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Tue, 07 Dec 2004 07:49:53 GMT in
alt.machines.cnc :
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:41:02 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..

I butcher my own meat when necessary, from the time I squeeze the
trigger to the time it goes on the grill.

Which has to be quick, if you're from the U.P. and there are game wardens
around. d8-)

Ed Huntress

G A .22 replete with baby bottle nipple , a jacklight, and a Webber
Kettle. These are the things a feast are made of.

Ah...but the good old days.

Sigh..sniff...nostalgia sorta brings a tear to me eye...

Redneck friend of mine says that when it is time to put meat on the
table "Well, that is why God invented Maglites and 30-30s." Ah, the good
old days.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

--
pyotr filipivich
When did the word "mosque" take on the meaning "store house for weapons"?
Cliff

wrote:
Indeed those are far more efficient for punching holes in sheet
metal.
Its a bit harder to wedge a deer in those jaws however.
Use a rock: http://www.artwooddesigns.com/angrygrizzly.jpg
Or were you thinking of:
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/Bambi/bambi_1.jpg ?

Isnt that cute! Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those are
not the type I hunt and eat.

Have a heart, Gunner, from the way some people act, they learned all
they know about Wildlife Management and Deer hunting from that movie.

I mean, it isn't so bad that they learned everything from the movies,
but they learned it from animated movies.

ATTENTION GUNNUTS & WINGERS:
The wildlife & deer survived all by themselves long before you
started killing them (for their own protection). For milions &
millions of years.
What makes you so special? Your shiney boom-boom sticks?
--
Cliff
Ed Huntress

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

Sigh..sniff...nostalgia sorta brings a tear to me eye...

Redneck friend of mine says that when it is time to put meat on the
table "Well, that is why God invented Maglites and 30-30s." Ah, the good
old days.

Jeez. How long do you have to boil a Maglite?

Ed Huntress

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:03:36 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

The Washington Times last week, in a long front-page story on murder
in America, reported "the homicide toll of 15,317 for 2000 was a
dramatic decline from 1991's all-time high of 24,495." ["Murder Hits
40-Year Low," by Frank J. Murray, Washington Times, October 5, 2003].

If guns caused murder, the crime would have increased, not dwindled.

Well, hell, Einstein, the answer is clear: The gun nutz are killing each
OTHER, and the more guns you give them, the more they kill, and the more
they kill, the fewer gun nutz are left to kill OTHER people! Sooner or
later, more guns will clean up the whole damned country.

OK, jerk. Who are you and what have you done with real, logical,
and sane Ed Huntress we used to read?

CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

Gunner

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 20:46:10 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .

Sigh..sniff...nostalgia sorta brings a tear to me eye...

Redneck friend of mine says that when it is time to put meat on the
table "Well, that is why God invented Maglites and 30-30s." Ah, the good
old days.

Jeez. How long do you have to boil a Maglite?

Ed Huntress

Depends on which end you insert it.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Ed Huntress

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:03:36 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

The Washington Times last week, in a long front-page story on murder
in America, reported "the homicide toll of 15,317 for 2000 was a
dramatic decline from 1991's all-time high of 24,495." ["Murder Hits
40-Year Low," by Frank J. Murray, Washington Times, October 5, 2003].

If guns caused murder, the crime would have increased, not dwindled.

Well, hell, Einstein, the answer is clear: The gun nutz are killing each
OTHER, and the more guns you give them, the more they kill, and the more
they kill, the fewer gun nutz are left to kill OTHER people! Sooner or
later, more guns will clean up the whole damned country.

OK, jerk. Who are you and what have you done with real, logical,
and sane Ed Huntress we used to read?

What do logic and sanity have to do with this discussion? Huntress left town
and put me in charge. I'm his attorney.

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Cliff

wrote:
[...]

Wow. Is that ever a cogent and lucid rebuttal! The sort of statement
which causes others to stop and ask "What was he smoking?".

I'm impressed.

Now excuse me, my attention has strayed and I must fetch it.

--
pyotr filipivich
"MTV may talk about lighting fires and killing children,
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Wed, 08 Dec 2004 04:25:40 GMT in
alt.machines.cnc :
wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
. ..

Sigh..sniff...nostalgia sorta brings a tear to me eye...

Redneck friend of mine says that when it is time to put meat on the
table "Well, that is why God invented Maglites and 30-30s." Ah, the good
old days.

Jeez. How long do you have to boil a Maglite?

Ed Huntress

Depends on which end you insert it.

LOL!

Fortunately, I don't have a drinking problem anymore, I was just
sipping the whiskey. No alcohol abuse resulted.

(Gunner, you are one, seriously, .. warped, individual, and I mean that
in the nicest way possible.)

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"MTV may talk about lighting fires and killing children,
but Janet Reno actually does something about it." --Spy Magazine

Gunner

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 06:30:01 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

ATTENTION GUNNUTS & WINGERS:
The wildlife & deer survived all by themselves long before you
started killing them (for their own protection). For milions &
millions of years.
What makes you so special? Your shiney boom-boom sticks?

Wow. Is that ever a cogent and lucid rebuttal! The sort of statement
which causes others to stop and ask "What was he smoking?".

I'm impressed.

Now excuse me, my attention has strayed and I must fetch it.

--
pyotr filipivich

Evidently the numbnuts who posted this bit " boom-boom sticks????" has
never heard of predator/prey or the food chain.

Based on its remarks, it has to be well down in the "prey" catagory
portion of the food chain, with eyes widely spaced on both sides of
its head.....hummmm much like sheep, Id imagine.

I rather wonder if homo erectus was as ****y about eating wildlife and
deer as this poor wank is? Ill bet not. Think Ogg wouldnt have liked
to have a "boom-boom stick" when the caves reefer was empty?

Shrug..silly little sheeple. No matter. Their posts are no more than
electronic flatulence on the winds of the internet.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Cliff

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 04:25:40 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Jeez. How long do you have to boil a Maglite?

Depends on which end you insert it.

You use it raw? Is that sterile?
There's no way of knowing where it's been .... is there?
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 04:25:03 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Ayup, bad **** happens in war. I was blown up and ended my second
tour in SEA by H&I fire.

How much brain damage?
--
Cliff
Ed Huntress

wrote:

Jeez. How long do you have to boil a Maglite?

Depends on which end you insert it.

You use it raw? Is that sterile?
There's no way of knowing where it's been .... is there?

I don't get it. The sentence implied they were eating it. Now Gunner is
tenderizing it to put it up his, or somebody else's, butt.

Is he still going to eat it? Or did he eat it first? Can you tell?

This may be something that you have to be a survivalist to understand.

Ed Huntress

wrote:

Jeez. How long do you have to boil a Maglite?

Depends on which end you insert it.

You use it raw? Is that sterile?
There's no way of knowing where it's been .... is there?

I don't get it. The sentence implied they were eating it. Now Gunner

is
tenderizing it to put it up his, or somebody else's, butt.

Is he still going to eat it? Or did he eat it first? Can you tell?

This may be something that you have to be a survivalist to

understand.

Gunlogic seems very strange indeed, Ed. Or is that a hobby that
the wingers & survivalists have?
In any case, I have no objections to some of their odd fetishes --
as long as that don't keep trying to force tham on others with their
silly claims about how good it all is.

IF he has a problem, however, I do know a Mathematician.
He can work it out with a pencil.
In Gunner's case there may be a consulting fee involved.
--
Cliff

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:24:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:03:36 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

The Washington Times last week, in a long front-page story on murder
in America, reported "the homicide toll of 15,317 for 2000 was a
dramatic decline from 1991's all-time high of 24,495." ["Murder Hits
40-Year Low," by Frank J. Murray, Washington Times, October 5, 2003].

If guns caused murder, the crime would have increased, not dwindled.

Well, hell, Einstein, the answer is clear: The gun nutz are killing each
OTHER, and the more guns you give them, the more they kill, and the more
they kill, the fewer gun nutz are left to kill OTHER people! Sooner or
later, more guns will clean up the whole damned country.

OK, jerk. Who are you and what have you done with real, logical,
and sane Ed Huntress we used to read?

What do logic and sanity have to do with this discussion? Huntress left town
and put me in charge. I'm his attorney.

From your current diatribe, he sure has fallen a long way from
the lobbying efforts of his past. How much did they pay him to
switch sides and post all of the current "material"?

CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

Ed Huntress

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

[...]

A pencil? I'd send him to Maria, my little Hispanic physician with the thin,
delicate fingers. Since I've been seeing her I don't mind those proctology
exams one bit.

Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:24:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:03:36 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

From your current diatribe, he sure has fallen a long way from
the lobbying efforts of his past. How much did they pay him to
switch sides and post all of the current "material"?

Huntress learned long ago that gun statistics are a fool's game. And anyone
who shrugs off 30,000 or so gun killings per year in the US, or who thinks
it can be cured by "enforcing" the current laws, is a fool of the first
water.

By the same token, anyone who thinks that more gun laws will cure the
problem is another kind of fool.

On his attorney's advice, Huntress stopped taking both sides seriously over
a decade ago. He's been much happier, and has had more time to spend with
his family, and fishing, ever since.

Huntress's Attorney

The Watcher

wrote:

Ayup, bad **** happens in war. I was blown up and ended my second
tour in SEA by H&I fire.

How much brain damage?

Apparently less than you.

PrecisionMachinisT

wrote:

Ayup, bad **** happens in war. I was blown up and ended my second
tour in SEA by H&I fire.

How much brain damage?

Apparently less than you.

Hahahah.........

--

SVL

The Watcher

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:02:12 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
Using the insanity defense so early on?

It beats the stupidity defense.

Cliff

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:05:26 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:02:12 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
Using the insanity defense so early on?

It beats the stupidity defense.

That didn't work for you either?
What are you going to try next?
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:49:59 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

If you are not part of
the solution, you are part of the problem.

What problem?
--
Cliff
Michael

Gunner wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:58:53 -0500, "Kathy"

snipped a very reasoned response

Very, very well stated, Gunner. We have all (vets), been there, done that.
In VN, for example, the air support couldn't combat the NVA if they dug in
well, and were spread out. The big stuff just couldn't dig them out. Along
comes *fu gas*. If I remember, it was JP4 liquefied with something to make
it like jello. We would pick up a sling load of this stuff in 55 gal
barrels, go to an entrenched enemy area, and drop it from 100 feet. The door
gunner would drop a smoke grenade on top to ignite, and the enemy would stop
shooting at us forever. I dropped a bunch of this stuff in the DMZ area
around Quan Tri, and would even hover to get the best drop. A few rounds
through the helo didn't stop us at all...Actually, I made a couple of double
drops when that happened...

The Watcher

wrote:

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:02:12 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
Using the insanity defense so early on?

It beats the stupidity defense.

That didn't work for you either?

And it's not doing anything for you.

What are you going to try next?

I'll continue using logic and critical thinking skills to shoot down every lame
argument you post here until you slink away to hide. I notice you're avoiding my
posts already, so it must be working. Have a nice day, Cliffie.

Gunner

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:18:49 -0800, "Michael"
wrote:

Gunner wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:58:53 -0500, "Kathy"

snipped a very reasoned response

Very, very well stated, Gunner. We have all (vets), been there, done that.
In VN, for example, the air support couldn't combat the NVA if they dug in
well, and were spread out. The big stuff just couldn't dig them out. Along
comes *fu gas*. If I remember, it was JP4 liquefied with something to make
it like jello. We would pick up a sling load of this stuff in 55 gal
barrels, go to an entrenched enemy area, and drop it from 100 feet. The door
gunner would drop a smoke grenade on top to ignite, and the enemy would stop
shooting at us forever. I dropped a bunch of this stuff in the DMZ area
around Quan Tri, and would even hover to get the best drop. A few rounds
through the helo didn't stop us at all...Actually, I made a couple of double
drops when that happened...

Ever carry a case or two of regular glass water glasses? Stick a
grenade in the glass, pull the pin and drop it.

If you were higher than the 5 second delay, it didnt count until it
hit the ground and broke the glass, and would generally make it down
through triple canopy.

Sure helped out if the poor *******s on the ground were asshole deep
in Mr. Charles and needed some air support but tac air was too far
out.

Geeze... I guess the Korean war didnt teach us that particular trick
so we could spend several hundred million dollars developing the
aerial deployed foilage penetrating hand grenade Mark1 Mod 0.

Doesnt seem to be much call for that trick in this war.....not a lot
of saw grass or triple canopy in the Sandbox.......
But we sure should have spent the money!!!

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third
hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're
around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right
before demode` (out of fashion).
-Buddy Jordan 2001

Cliff

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:18:49 -0800, "Michael"
wrote:

Gunner wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:58:53 -0500, "Kathy"

snipped a very reasoned response

Very, very well stated, Gunner. We have all (vets), been there, done that.
In VN, for example, the air support couldn't combat the NVA if they dug in
well, and were spread out. The big stuff just couldn't dig them out. Along
comes *fu gas*. If I remember, it was JP4 liquefied with something to make
it like jello. We would pick up a sling load of this stuff in 55 gal
barrels, go to an entrenched enemy area, and drop it from 100 feet. The door
gunner would drop a smoke grenade on top to ignite, and the enemy would stop
shooting at us forever.

You used banned WMDS & internationally-banned incendiary weapons
in your fun & games?
From 40,000 feet?

Why not leave the freedom fighters alone? Were they bothering
you?
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:05:43 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

But we sure should have spent the money!!!

BRAVO !!!
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:02:12 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
Using the insanity defense so early on?

It beats the stupidity defense.

That didn't work for you either?

And it's not doing anything for you.

I never tried to claim that it would work. Nice
to watch you try it anyway.

What are you going to try next?

I'll continue using logic and critical thinking skills to shoot down every lame
argument you post here until you slink away to hide. I notice you're avoiding my
posts already, so it must be working. Have a nice day, Cliffie.

Still missing a lot, are you?
--
Cliff

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:21:49 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

The more I read about this war, and how it's being "handled", the
less enamored I am of our leaders & military, knowwhatImean,Vern?

I understand. Im an amature military historian. There have been
better run wars. And there have been far worse run ones. All things
considered, this is one of the better ones.

A scary thought in an of itself. What's the old cliche? About how
optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds, but pessimists
are afraid the optimists are right.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Guido
wrote back on Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:41:46 +0000 in alt.machines.cnc :
pyotr filipivich wrote:

The Poles recovered at least 5 containing Cyclosarin - a New and
Improved version of Sarin.

If memory serves, 17 of the "old fashioned" mustard gas kind have been
recovered as well.

Your memory is failing according to the US military.

Hey, I only know what was reported in the news. If you can't trust CBS
or the New York times, who can you trust? Right wing blogs?

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.

If Guns Were Outlawed, Only Bad Dogs Would Have Guns Joe Metalworking 0 September 9th 04 08:50 PM
HVLP spray guns Siggy Metalworking 7 September 2nd 04 04:42 PM
Nice write up about LEDs Gunner Metalworking 242 June 13th 04 05:10 PM
ot- Gun Laws in Australia Gunner Metalworking 10 April 28th 04 11:46 AM