Cliff

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:54:03 GMT, "Joe Halbleib"
wrote:

While those pesky liberals were spending their tax dollars to
provide you with an education. Was it a liberal one?

Liberals are good at spending OTHER people's money too. I don't mind
contributing towards a quality public education for the youth of this
country. I didn't then and generally don't now either. What I DO resent is
the demand for more and more money for either a diminishing return for the
money or even less return than we got for less money.

I guess that you have a real problem with those liberals now running
the US government: The administration AND congress.
Those huge spend & deficit ones. But the money is free anyway,
right? You'll never have to pay taxes to pay it all off ...... will
you? Now, about higher prices for everything .... and endless wars
Cliff
Cliff

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 00:04:16 GMT, "Joe Halbleib"
wrote:

Joe,
A cutlined sig. Two minus signs followed by one blank space,
starting at the far left of a new line: "-- " (and nothing after that
onthat line).

Great... So my sig can look just like yours? grin

Many newsreaders trim that off and all below it when quoting
posts in replies. You never wondered why so many use them?

No, I never wondered.

Joe,
Looks good now.

Many/most bits of newsgroup software allow you to configure
an automatic sig, including the cutline - you may wish to check
yours to see if you have that option. I don't use it and type them
manually as I sometimes post stuff with no original content
(of mine, anyway), mostly humor from unknown sources,
and do not want to sign or take credit in any way for the wit
of another.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 00:04:16 GMT, "Joe Halbleib"
wrote:

Yes. Do! Thanks...

Done.
--
Cliff
The Independent of Clackamas County

Gunner wrote:

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:28:23 -0600, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

Call it psychic or whatever, but where my visions showed me, I could see tons and
tons of them Guns melting down, and you know what else, by the time your two year
old is your age Joe he's gonna thank yah, he sure will.

Meet the Gun of future that Joe's two year old, now all grown-up has his weapon of
choice for personal home defense!. Old Joe grandpappy would sure be proud to shoot
one of these bulletless guns.

The world is going to change Joe, it's going to change for the better, sure you bet
we'll all be safer for it....

http://www.futurehorizons.net/weap.htm
"Step by step plans show how to build your own Ion Phasor weapon
that can emit powerful bursts of electrified fluid to temporarily disable
an animal or human attacker. Handheld device runs on batteries and
can be easily reloaded. Multiple shot capacity and it's capable of stunning
a target from a distance but without inflicting any serious or permanent damage. "

Oh yeah Joe look at this one, G remember Tuesday is soylent green day...

And the rest of us who are serious, will have small hand lasers in the
mega joule range, masers that have the setting, Regular or extra
crispy, and sonic weapons that will turn a water based target into a
puddle of jello.

Isnt technology wonderful?

Better living through applied physics

Gunner Asch

I prefer the old trusty mark 1 plasma blaster, that turns the target
into a colorless, odorless gas and a pile of gray ash that is blown away
by the next wind. Getting rid of stinking rotting bodies is such a
bother don't you know.

The Independent (always practical) of Clackamas County

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third
hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're
around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right
before demode` (out of fashion).
-Buddy Jordan 2001

John Scheldroup

"Gunner" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:28:23 -0600, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

snip

And the rest of us who are serious, will have small hand lasers in the
mega joule range, masers that have the setting, Regular or extra
crispy, and sonic weapons that will turn a water based target into a
puddle of jello.

Isnt technology wonderful?

Death-Ray

As far as weaponry, instead of the Doctors (1.) metal funnel technique,
begin to think in terms of a focused beam. The first thing that comes to mind is a
conventional off-the-shelf small satellite dish reciever, which you will now
convert for use as your 'Death Ray Transmitter'. Some are metal, I've never seen a
plastic dish, however, in order to increase the beam resolution, you will need
to prevent scattering behind the focal point of the dish, in other words the 'rays'
have to be in a tight focus at the reflector.

The back of metal dish will need to be coated with material similiar to insides
of a microwave this to prevent backward scattering. The micro-waves have to be
channeled to the reflector so that the focus is on the array. (Read higgler on link
eng-tips, to get this general idea).

The other concept to think about is a super duper good generator for the magnetron.
I wonder if you couldn't channel the emf energy from a Tesla coil with a second
wave-guide setup. Power level here could be exceptional by thousands magnitude.
It seems to me, depending how much energy you put into beam would determine
its intensity but yet still keeping the beam focused is the real issue here.

1.
http://www.buergerwelle.de/d/doc/ges...gy-weapons.htm
A primitive variation of a MW weapon would look like this: A microwave oven
from the kitchen with the protective shielding removed from the door and replaced by
a metal funnel. And then the waves can get through walls (Pictures 1, 2, 3).

2.
Poor Man's Ray Gun

3.
http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=97567&page=1
"You could focus the beam with a large lens (not of glass, mind you) but that would
probably be inefficient. A parabolic reflector (metal) would focus the beam."

"You would then need absorbers surrounding the setup to stop the beam killing birds,
people and other living things in the area."

4.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...oogle+Searc h
Wave-Guides
--
http://www.talisman.org/~erlkonig/mi...l-casting.html
MELTING METALS IN A DOMESTIC MICROWAVE

John Scheldroup

"John Scheldroup" wrote in message ...

"Gunner" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:28:23 -0600, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

snip

[...]

Well Gunner, here we have some info about this. I thinking of buying that book myself.

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...2077.Eg.r.html

John

John Scheldroup

"Gunner" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:28:23 -0600, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

snip

[...]

Tuesday, 21 January, 2003, 12:10 GMT
The technology behind HPM is based on that used in household microwave ovens.

But whereas a typical microwave generates less than 1,500 watts of power, the

Air Force researchers are working with equipment that can generate millions of watts of power.

John

The Watcher

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 06:45:39 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
I don't use it and type them
manually as I sometimes post stuff with no original content
(of mine, anyway), mostly humor from unknown sources,
and do not want to sign or take credit in any way for the wit
of another.

Doesn't matter. Any wit that appears in any of your posts is automatically
assumed to come from others, since it's patently obvious that you are totally
witless.
Cliff

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:15:05 -0800, The Independent of Clackamas
County wrote:

I prefer the old trusty mark 1 plasma blaster

That's what I love about wingers.
A few mosquitos buzzing about (probably all male
for all they know) and first thing you know they
haul out their Continental Siege Units &
Mark XX Bolos and start blasting away.
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 19:51:25 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 06:45:39 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
I don't use it and type them
manually as I sometimes post stuff with no original content
(of mine, anyway), mostly humor from unknown sources,
and do not want to sign or take credit in any way for the wit
of another.

Doesn't matter. Any wit that appears in any of your posts is automatically
assumed to come from others, since it's patently obvious that you are totally
witless.

You must be a winger with guns, totally unarmed.
HTH
--
Cliff

Joe Halbleib

wrote:

While those pesky liberals were spending their tax dollars to
provide you with an education. Was it a liberal one?

Liberals are good at spending OTHER people's money too. I don't mind
contributing towards a quality public education for the youth of this
country. I didn't then and generally don't now either. What I DO resent

is
the demand for more and more money for either a diminishing return for

the
money or even less return than we got for less money.

I guess that you have a real problem with those liberals now running
the US government: The administration AND congress.
Those huge spend & deficit ones.

Yes, I have problems with the deficit spending currently being done.

But the money is free anyway, right?

No. It's not.

You'll never have to pay taxes to pay it all off ...... will
you?

Someone will.

Now, about higher prices for everything .... and endless wars

Yeah? You were saying?

--
Cliff

Joe Halbleib

"The Watcher" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 06:45:39 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
I don't use it and type them
manually as I sometimes post stuff with no original content
(of mine, anyway), mostly humor from unknown sources,
and do not want to sign or take credit in any way for the wit
of another.

Doesn't matter. Any wit that appears in any of your posts is automatically
assumed to come from others, since it's patently obvious that you are

totally
witless.

That was cold. Cliff actually reached out to someone. (me) One break for
Cliff, OK?

--
Joe

Joe Halbleib

County wrote:

I prefer the old trusty mark 1 plasma blaster

That's what I love about wingers.
A few mosquitos buzzing about (probably all male
for all they know)

Even if they are males, they are potentially going to give rise to more
females when they mate...

--
Joe

and first thing you know they
haul out their Continental Siege Units &
Mark XX Bolos and start blasting away.
--
Cliff

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:15:05 -0800, The Independent of Clackamas
County calmly ranted:

I prefer the old trusty mark 1 plasma blaster, that turns the target
into a colorless, odorless gas and a pile of gray ash that is blown away
by the next wind. Getting rid of stinking rotting bodies is such a
bother don't you know.

I've always wanted a vaporizing laser as a "burglar alarm." Close
the gate and go away (or go to sleep at night), and anything over
the size of a bird which enters the yard is instantly vaporized,
its ash fertilizing my garden or shrubbery. Some day...

Stain and Poly are their own punishment
http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design

Cliff

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 03:31:35 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

I don't know about "centuries" for unifying all the fundamental forces.
Physicists the world over seem to be working on the problem. Perhaps
when the five or so separate 10 dimensional string theories are
successfully combined in the 11 dimensional M theory (with a little
experimental validation from the as yet to be completed supercollider in
Cern), the theoretical basis might be well on it's way to a solution.

Most people have a real problem even thinking is 3 dimensions
it seems.
--
Cliff

Gunner

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:00:11 -0600, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:28:23 -0600, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

snip

[...]

http://mste.laser.physik.uni-muenche...bvarcoe/micro/

Gunner

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism
The Watcher

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 23:51:40 GMT, "Joe Halbleib" wrote:

"The Watcher" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 06:45:39 -0500, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
I don't use it and type them
manually as I sometimes post stuff with no original content
(of mine, anyway), mostly humor from unknown sources,
and do not want to sign or take credit in any way for the wit
of another.

Doesn't matter. Any wit that appears in any of your posts is automatically
assumed to come from others, since it's patently obvious that you are

totally
witless.

That was cold. Cliff actually reached out to someone. (me) One break for
Cliff, OK?

OK, back or neck, and do we get to make a wish?
The Watcher

County wrote:

I prefer the old trusty mark 1 plasma blaster

That's what I love about wingers.

That's what I love about fuzzy-headed people. They get so heated up about things
they lose sight of all kinds of facts. There are all kinds of wingers. There are
left-wingers and right-wingers. Then there are the limp-wingers, like little
Cliffie here. He's just so bent out of shape by the very thought of guns that he
just wets his undies just thinking about them. He gets the vapors and swoons
when the conversation turns to this subject. After reading this thread he'll
probably have to go lie down for hours and listen to his Richard Simmons tape to
recover.

(snip mildly annoying whining)
John Scheldroup

wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:28:23 -0600, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

snip

http://mste.laser.physik.uni-muenche...bvarcoe/micro/

Hey Gunner,

There is a field right now that directly relates to the research going on in
quantum masers but only in quantum computing. It employs the same type
of experiments with single atoms (ground state) and photons (excited state).
Funny you mentioned this because I just read about it yesterday in Nov.
issue of PhysicsToday.
http://www.physicstoday.org/vol-57/i...ver11_2004.jpg

Your link has a link to a thing called Fock States where it discusses Rabi
oscillations, this effect relates to both quantum lasers (coherancy) and
development in quantum computing chips.

I found a good article that talks about my quantum computing article
at spacedaily. http://www.spacedaily.com/news/chip-tech-04zc.html

Similiar behaviors between quantum lasers and quantum computing
but here's the main difference.

"This represents a new paradigm in which quantum optics experiments can be
performed in a micro-chip electrical circuit using microwaves instead of
visible photons and lasers."

Max Planck was a very, very dedicated German physicist even as Hitler rose to power.

John

Cliff

County wrote:

I prefer the old trusty mark 1 plasma blaster

That's what I love about wingers.

That's what I love about fuzzy-headed people. They get so heated up about things
they lose sight of all kinds of facts. There are all kinds of wingers. There are
left-wingers and right-wingers. Then there are the limp-wingers, like little
Cliffie here. He's just so bent out of shape by the very thought of guns that he
just wets his undies just thinking about them. He gets the vapors and swoons
when the conversation turns to this subject. After reading this thread he'll
probably have to go lie down for hours and listen to his Richard Simmons tape to
recover.

(snip mildly annoying whining)

Got mosquitos?
Me, I'd empty out all that trash in your yard & recycle
it. But it's your trash.
--
Cliff

Gunner

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:58:48 +0000, Guido wrote:

Cliff wrote:
On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 02:04:18 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Indeed those are far more efficient for punching holes in sheet
metal.

Its a bit harder to wedge a deer in those jaws however.

Use a rock: http://www.artwooddesigns.com/angrygrizzly.jpg

Or were you thinking of:
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/Bambi/bambi_1.jpg ?

Isnt that cute! Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those are
not the type I hunt and eat.

Gunner

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism
Guido

Gunner wrote:

Cliff wrote:

Use a rock: http://www.artwooddesigns.com/angrygrizzly.jpg

Or were you thinking of:
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/Bambi/bambi_1.jpg ?

Isnt that cute! Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those are
not the type I hunt and eat.

Venison is a major part of your diet is it, without it you'd
starve eh?

Gunner

Gunner wrote:

Cliff wrote:

Use a rock: http://www.artwooddesigns.com/angrygrizzly.jpg

Or were you thinking of:
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/Bambi/bambi_1.jpg ?

Isnt that cute! Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those are
not the type I hunt and eat.

Venison is a major part of your diet is it, without it you'd
starve eh?

No. Should it be? Then on the other hand, unless you are a vegan,
that would mean you are a gutless ******* who prefers to pay men to
slaughter helpless animals on your behalf, then supply the meat to you
in nice sanitary little plastic wapped containers that have no hint of
where it came from.

Ayup...I think thats the case. You want to eat dead animal tissues,
you just dont have the balls to do the dirty work yourself.

Gunner

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism
Cliff

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:52:24 -0800, The Independent of Clackamas
County wrote:

Liberals have been avoiding the draft since the 1861-2-3-4

Like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rush, (long, long list snipped)......?
THOSE liberals?

CLUE: When was the "draft" actually started under what laws?
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:06:13 -0800, The Independent of Clackamas
County wrote:

You forgot to add that the South was ****ed off for paying 85% of the
federal taxes and getting 15% of the government expenditures.

How many digits are in your IQ?
Choose ONLY 1:

A) 1

Get it right?
HTH
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:06:13 -0800, The Independent of Clackamas
County wrote:

Liberals are only good at one kind of shooting and that is shooting off
their ****ing mouth.

The Independent of Clackamas County

YOU think that YOU are a "liberal"?
--
Cliff

Cliff

wrote:

Indeed those are far more efficient for punching holes in sheet
metal.

Its a bit harder to wedge a deer in those jaws however.

Use a rock: http://www.artwooddesigns.com/angrygrizzly.jpg

Or were you thinking of:
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/Bambi/bambi_1.jpg ?

Isnt that cute! Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those are
not the type I hunt and eat.

A Disney cartoon scared your mother?
--
Cliff
Guido

Gunner wrote:

Venison is a major part of your diet is it, without it you'd
starve eh?

No. Should it be? Then on the other hand, unless you are a vegan,
that would mean you are a gutless ******* who prefers to pay men to
slaughter helpless animals on your behalf, then supply the meat to you
in nice sanitary little plastic wapped containers that have no hint of
where it came from.

If you need a dirty job doing get some in to do it properly.
DIyers jeeez! Keep people in work. What's the point of
trudging through the mud all day? How much would save anyway
??? wouldn't get me outta bed for under $500 of a week end.

Ayup...I think thats the case. You want to eat dead animal tissues,
you just dont have the balls to do the dirty work yourself.

http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml

The Watcher

wrote:

Indeed those are far more efficient for punching holes in sheet
metal.

Its a bit harder to wedge a deer in those jaws however.

Use a rock: http://www.artwooddesigns.com/angrygrizzly.jpg

Or were you thinking of:
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/Bambi/bambi_1.jpg ?

Isnt that cute! Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those are
not the type I hunt and eat.

A Disney cartoon scared your mother?

And you find this odd? The very idea of an inanimate object scares the bejesus
out of you, little pantywaist.

Gunner

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:01:20 +0000, Guido wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Venison is a major part of your diet is it, without it you'd
starve eh?

No. Should it be? Then on the other hand, unless you are a vegan,
that would mean you are a gutless ******* who prefers to pay men to
slaughter helpless animals on your behalf, then supply the meat to you
in nice sanitary little plastic wapped containers that have no hint of
where it came from.

If you need a dirty job doing get some in to do it properly.

I do it quite properly thank you very much. I dont have a lack of
nads problem.

DIyers jeeez! Keep people in work. What's the point of
trudging through the mud all day? How much would save anyway
??? wouldn't get me outta bed for under $500 of a week end.

Actually, it winds up costing around $50 a pound by the time the
average person tallies up the total, from gas, arms, ammo, expenses to
the hunting area, license fees etc.

All of which goes directly back into the local economy, and the
Pitman-Robertson taxes goes directly into game management,
conservation and so forth.

I donate quite a few dollars every year directly and indirectly
towards preservation and management. And support local enconomies.

You on the other hand...dont.

Ayup...I think thats the case. You want to eat dead animal tissues,
you just dont have the balls to do the dirty work yourself.

http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml

Yes and? There are a number of remote control sex toys on the
market. Does that mean every one or even a fraction of people, use
them?

You are an idiot. You'd be puking your guts up the moment you
started to field dress a game animal, but will express satisfaction
with buying a chunk of meat. pha!

Gunner

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism
Gunner

wrote:

Indeed those are far more efficient for punching holes in sheet
metal.

Its a bit harder to wedge a deer in those jaws however.

Use a rock: http://www.artwooddesigns.com/angrygrizzly.jpg

Or were you thinking of:
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/Bambi/bambi_1.jpg ?

Isnt that cute! Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those are
not the type I hunt and eat.

A Disney cartoon scared your mother?

And you find this odd? The very idea of an inanimate object scares the bejesus
out of you, little pantywaist.

Hoplophobes are like that. Certain shapes and colors make them ****
their pants.

Gunner

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism
Retief

While demonstrating his ignorance, Cliff wrote:

At one time he nation pretty much depended on
calling up militias for any military needs.
At one time the 2nd ammendment was enacted.
Currently, and for many decades, the US has
had a standing professional military ...

But what is the cronology?
Was the 2nd enacted before the standing military
existed? I suspect so but .... in which case it was
in support of the prior militias, which might be considered to
nolonger exist.

Hence, does the need for the 2nd still exist?

Actually Cliff, if you ever bothered to read any history (including
the many works of the Founders), you would find numerous quotes and
comments about the dangers of a standing/professional army.

In fact, perhaps you should find the earliest text of what became the
2nd Amendment. Hint: this is generally found under what are sometimes
called the Anti-Federalist Papers.

What's even more amusing, is that you seem to show the common
confusion that the right to own firearms is somehow only guaranteed to
the militia. Clearly the Founders knew the difference between
"militia" and "the people", as they used both terms, non-synonymously,
in the 2nd amendment.

Retief
--
No 'z's to reply
Cliff

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 02:25:50 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

DIyers jeeez! Keep people in work. What's the point of
trudging through the mud all day? How much would save anyway
??? wouldn't get me outta bed for under $500 of a week end.

Actually, it winds up costing around $50 a pound by the time the
average person tallies up the total, from gas, arms, ammo, expenses to
the hunting area, license fees etc.

You could pay for health coverage instead.
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

Indeed those are far more efficient for punching holes in sheet
metal.

Its a bit harder to wedge a deer in those jaws however.

Use a rock: http://www.artwooddesigns.com/angrygrizzly.jpg

Or were you thinking of:
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/Bambi/bambi_1.jpg ?

Isnt that cute! Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those are
not the type I hunt and eat.

A Disney cartoon scared your mother?

And you find this odd?

My mother quite enjoyed them IIRC.
Sorry to hear the sad news about yours.

It's just a quirk of geneitcs I suppose. And dominant.

The very idea of an inanimate object scares the bejesus
out of you, little pantywaist.

snicker
It's the morons .....
--
Cliff

Cliff

On 06 Dec 2004 05:36:41 GMT, Retief
wrote:

While demonstrating his ignorance, Cliff wrote:

At one time he nation pretty much depended on
calling up militias for any military needs.
At one time the 2nd ammendment was enacted.
Currently, and for many decades, the US has
had a standing professional military ...

But what is the cronology?
Was the 2nd enacted before the standing military
existed? I suspect so but .... in which case it was
in support of the prior militias, which might be considered to
nolonger exist.

Hence, does the need for the 2nd still exist?

Actually Cliff, if you ever bothered to read any history (including
the many works of the Founders), you would find numerous quotes and
comments about the dangers of a standing/professional army.

Tried the pointed hat?

In fact, perhaps you should find the earliest text of what became the
2nd Amendment. Hint: this is generally found under what are sometimes
called the Anti-Federalist Papers.

Do you have a point?

What's even more amusing, is that you seem to show the common
confusion that the right to own firearms is somehow only guaranteed to
the militia. Clearly the Founders knew the difference between
"militia" and "the people", as they used both terms, non-synonymously,
in the 2nd amendment.

Retief

You've not been following any of this, have you?
Newbies sheesh!!
--
Cliff
Gunner

wrote:

What's even more amusing, is that you seem to show the common
confusion that the right to own firearms is somehow only guaranteed to
the militia. Clearly the Founders knew the difference between
"militia" and "the people", as they used both terms, non-synonymously,
in the 2nd amendment.

Retief

but..but..but...but everyone knows that the People mentioned in the
2nd Amendment is different than the People mentioned in the BOR, the
Preamble and the rest of the Constitution.

Only in the 2nd does The People mean a government organization.

Just ask any Liberal. They know all about that stuff.......

snicker.....

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Bob Brock

wrote:

DIyers jeeez! Keep people in work. What's the point of
trudging through the mud all day? How much would save anyway
??? wouldn't get me outta bed for under $500 of a week end.

Actually, it winds up costing around $50 a pound by the time the
average person tallies up the total, from gas, arms, ammo, expenses to
the hunting area, license fees etc.

You could pay for health coverage instead.

ROTFLMAO......

I wondered when that was comming.
The Watcher

wrote:

DIyers jeeez! Keep people in work. What's the point of
trudging through the mud all day? How much would save anyway
??? wouldn't get me outta bed for under $500 of a week end.

Actually, it winds up costing around $50 a pound by the time the
average person tallies up the total, from gas, arms, ammo, expenses to
the hunting area, license fees etc.

You could pay for health coverage instead.

Yeah, plenty of whiny liberals get themselves all heated up over all kinds of
things and need lots of therapy to get over it.

Guido

Gunner wrote:

[...]

So the hunting has nothing to do with food then.

All of which goes directly back into the local economy, and the
Pitman-Robertson taxes goes directly into game management,
conservation and so forth.

Frame it a tax Gunner supports.

I donate quite a few dollars every year directly and indirectly
towards preservation and management. And support local enconomies.

You on the other hand...dont.

Nope I just wander down the lane to see Phil at the local farm:
http://www.choppingblock.co.uk/butchers.htm

if its venison then I'll drop into Pailton on the way home.

You are an idiot. You'd be puking your guts up the moment you
started to field dress a game animal, but will express satisfaction
with buying a chunk of meat. pha!

Yep I wear leather shoes too, but have no desire to have a
tannery in my backyard either.

If Guns Were Outlawed, Only Bad Dogs Would Have Guns Joe Metalworking 0 September 9th 04 07:50 PM
HVLP spray guns Siggy Metalworking 7 September 2nd 04 03:42 PM
Nice write up about LEDs Gunner Metalworking 242 June 13th 04 04:10 PM
ot- Gun Laws in Australia Gunner Metalworking 10 April 28th 04 10:46 AM