Gunluvver2

Default What happened to the Woodwright's Shop TV show?

I always liked watching Roy Underhill's Saturday morning ( on my cable channel
anyway) TV show. I haven't seen it for many months now. Is Roy still alive &
kicking? Anyone know? He is missed for whatever reason.
Dennis
GTO69RA4

I always liked watching Roy Underhill's Saturday morning ( on my cable
channel
anyway) TV show. I haven't seen it for many months now. Is Roy still alive &
kicking? Anyone know? He is missed for whatever reason.
Dennis

I used to watch it all the time on broascast PBS TV. Best thing out there. Been
wondering what happened to it.

GTO(John)

Rossco in Oshawa

I caught it last Friday about 2:00PM or 2:30PM if I recall on PBS, WNED, 17
on the UHF dial.

He was making a Triangle Table with three drop leafs and lots of mortise and
tenon.

Great show! Hope they don't kill that one too.

&
kicking? Anyone know? He is missed for whatever reason.
Dennis

Bob May

I'd check with your station as the show is still on the C-Band feed of PBS
at noon Sat. I don't get to watch it all that often but I did catch it on
the Labor Day weekend when he did some stools.

--
Bob May
Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less.

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:25:26 -0700, "Joel Corwith"
calmly ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On 16 Sep 2004 19:24:24 GMT, (Gunluvver2) calmly
ranted:

I always liked watching Roy Underhill's Saturday morning ( on my cable

channel
anyway) TV show. I haven't seen it for many months now. Is Roy still

alive &
kicking? Anyone know? He is missed for whatever reason.

The best part was the show was 1 take. I remember a 'oops, dang' and seeing
blood on his finger. They kept right on shooting. They did an episode
where he visited a blacksmith (for hinges I think), which is vagely
metalworking.

Yeah, Roy's just like us. How here has spent a day or two in the shop
and not barked a knuckle, gotten a splinter, sliced a finger (with
paper, wood, or metal), or bumped a shin?

Roy is still alive and kicking but PBS is pandering
more to the Yuppies nowadays. That's why they and
HGTV are putting on dozens of inferior design shows
and fewer (NOT less) good, wholesome shows.
grumble, grumble

You don't like the new Dump More Money Into This Overpriced Old House Hour?
I don't usually flip to local channels. The biker shows have had much more
interesting projects, construction and metal content. Not to mention "shop
talk",...

They rarely did a kitchen makeover which cost less than a hundred
grand on that show. UFR! People back East have more bucks than
sense, y'know? Nomex=ON

---
Is it time for your medication or mine?
http://diversify.com Custom Website Applications

Robert Swinney

"I don't get to watch it all that often but I did catch it on the Labor Day
weekend when he did some stools."

Yeah! Actually, I've seen 'em do lots of stools.

Bob Swinney

"Bob May" wrote in message
I'd check with your station as the show is still on the C-Band feed of PBS
at noon Sat.
--
Bob May
Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink
less.
Works every time it is tried!

OT (kinda) High School Wood Shop V.E. Dorn Woodworking 16 January 22nd 04 09:21 PM
Shop Power keith bowers Metalworking 24 August 1st 03 06:18 AM
Shop Colors Scheme and Lighting Mark Rand Metalworking 6 July 18th 03 01:23 AM
Small Shop Layout Traves W. Coppock Woodworking 2 July 12th 03 12:35 PM