Don

Default How to bend aluminum trim

I have some left over aluminum trim. I am trying to bend some to cover
my patio door trim and frame so I will never have to paint it.

I have been working with 2 inch angle iron and my hand but not happy
with results. I cant afford an 8 foot bender.

Can I build one cheaply? Can I take two pieces of 2 inch angle iron
and hinge them together on the end? (Weld hinges on?)
Rick

"Don" wrote in message
om...
I have some left over aluminum trim. I am trying to bend some to cover
my patio door trim and frame so I will never have to paint it.

I have been working with 2 inch angle iron and my hand but not happy
with results. I cant afford an 8 foot bender.

Can I build one cheaply? Can I take two pieces of 2 inch angle iron
and hinge them together on the end? (Weld hinges on?)

Might work, but you could just rent a 10 footer from Home Depot for a day
and be done with it...