Old April 17th 21, 01:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default gantry - channel sections

"Richard Smith" wrote in message ...

If "H" is a tension "doubler", not otherwise part of the beam "Second
Moment of Area", then just fillets at the ends would do?
Maybe small fillets along sides, out to edges of the "C" (channel)
sections?
----------------------
As a separate element H is only a little stronger than the lower channel
flange, because it has slightly more area and is further from the neutral
axis, but as part of V it more than doubles the second moment. I think shear
causes the difference.

I couldn't accurately measure these channels until a few days ago when I
sawed off the end plates (they were pallet rack shelves) and removed the
rust.

Old June 1st 21, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

These are direct links to photos of my sawmill and overhead gantry track in
operation. Can you view them without having and being signed into a Google
account?
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...lXp0ArseMmj0d9

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...XvFBgR_fGKnyBH

The hoist, rope sling and pulley make manual log handling easy. I like it
better than the hydraulic log turner on a $40,000 WoodMizer. A cant hook /
Peavey turns large rough logs without getting too close, and a pipe clamp is
a good handle to turn a partly squared log without damage.

Old June 1st 21, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

These are direct links to photos of my sawmill and overhead gantry track in
operation. Can you view them without having and being signed into a Google
account?
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...lXp0ArseMmj0d9

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...XvFBgR_fGKnyBH

The hoist, rope sling and pulley make manual log handling easy. I like it
better than the hydraulic log turner on a $40,000 WoodMizer. A cant hook /
Peavey turns large rough logs without getting too close, and a pipe clamp is
a good handle to turn a partly squared log without damage.

Google says:

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Best Regards.
Tom.