DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RFQ: Livonia, MI Brake Pad Mod (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/68422-rfq-livonia-mi-brake-pad-mod.html)

UM Racer September 8th 04 09:50 PM

RFQ: Livonia, MI Brake Pad Mod

I am looking to get a quote from somebody in the Livonia, MI area to
modify 16 passenger car brake pads. The friction material needs to be
shaved to 0.079in (2mm) thickness (-0, +.005). The pads must be
shaved dry (no coolant, etc.). Turn around time somewhere in the
neighborhood of two weeks. These brake pads will never see public
roads, only the test track so liability isn't an issue. For more info
please contact me at:

734.266.3875

Thanks,
Andy

Brian Lawson September 11th 04 06:06 AM

Hey Andy,

Can't they just be sanded down? Back in the day, that's how Bendix
did it.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.