DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dewalt tools being designed in China now? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/683655-dewalt-tools-being-designed-china-now.html)

John Doe[_4_] December 30th 20 12:25 AM

Dewalt tools being designed in China now?

The last two Dewalt tools I have purchased have screw threading on both sides
of the shell. As any mechanic or anyone familiar with tools knows, threads
should be on the far side shell only, for several reasons. The screw should
spin freely on the near side shell. I've seen the Communist Chinese at work,
and that is exactly the kind of stupid, inexperienced mistake they would make.
Problem is, seems they haven't learned anything over the decades (unlike Japan
did).

I think the first instance was Dewalt's mud mixer.

This time, it's the larger Dewalt portable bandsaw I'm talking about. Haven't
taken apart the tool yet. Specifically, I'm talking about the wheel brush
(bracket) that is supposed to keep metal dust off of the wheel (it doesn't,
seems the drive wheel is made of some crappy Chinese rubber that metal sticks
to, I can't even get the metal shavings off using my modified vacuum hose
attachment toothbrush device).

The workaround is to drill out the threaded holes on the entry side of the
plastic part, but of course that shouldn't be necessary. It's an obvious
design flaw. Let's see how long it continues...