Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New printer

Apologies if this shows up twice ...

Our loving youngest son has given me a 3D printer for Christmas ...
Merry Merry ! Now I have to learn how to use it . He's given me a couple
of links and program suggestions , but I'll be needing more information
on these things and maybe some project suggestions . I haven't even
opened the box yet and I've already came up with an idea to prank my
neighbor and good friend up the road ...
--
Snag on the
travelin' laptop

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/25/2020 9:27 PM, SNAG wrote:
Â* Apologies if this shows up twice ...

Â* Our loving youngest son has given me a 3D printer for Christmas ...
Merry Merry ! Now I have to learn how to use it . He's given me a couple
of links and program suggestions , but I'll be needing more information
on these things and maybe some project suggestions . I haven't even
opened the box yet and I've already came up with an idea to prank my
neighbor and good friend up the road ...

Saaah-weet!

My son has been playing with a 3D resin printer for a while. He's done
one project for me, but mostly he prints fantasy miniature figurines for
hand painting. He's become quite a good fine detail painter for such
things.

The project he did for me was to print some resin master molds which I
used to pour silicone molds which I used to cast resin fishing poppers.
They catch fish. I'm not suggesting that you make fishing lures, but
rather that 3D printing can be an end process or a supplemental process.

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/26/2020 10:16 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 12/25/2020 9:27 PM, SNAG wrote:
Â*Â* Apologies if this shows up twice ...

Â*Â* Our loving youngest son has given me a 3D printer for Christmas ...
Merry Merry ! Now I have to learn how to use it . He's given me a
couple of links and program suggestions , but I'll be needing more
information on these things and maybe some project suggestions . I
haven't even opened the box yet and I've already came up with an idea
to prank my neighbor and good friend up the road ...

Saaah-weet!

My son has been playing with a 3D resin printer for a while.Â* He's done
one project for me, but mostly he prints fantasy miniature figurines for
hand painting.Â* He's become quite a good fine detail painter for such
things.

The project he did for me was to print some resin master molds which I
used to pour silicone molds which I used to cast resin fishing poppers.
Â*They catch fish.Â* I'm not suggesting that you make fishing lures, but
rather that 3D printing can be an end process or a supplemental process.

My son is a gamer ... he uses his 3DP to print miniatures for his
gaming . I'm not sure where this will lead , but I'm pretty sure I'm
going to enjoy the trip !
--
Snag on the
travelin' laptop