Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default made a battery adapter today.

Bob La Londe wrote:

[snip]
That's really cool. I wish I had the time these days for that sort of
thing. I've got a couple Milwaukee M18s drills that have served me well
as daily use tools, but I'm down to one good battery. The wife is
getting tired of my swiping her Makita drill and impact driver when I
need to do something. LOL. She says she bought Makitas for the house
because she knew I couldn't steal her batteries.

I have a nice Milwaukee cordless hammer drill that ran on 18V NiCad packs.
When these started to die and became unobtanium, I started to look around.
Grizly Industrial (on-line and in bellingham WA) had (still has?) a nice set
of Lithium Ion plug-compatible 18 Volt packs that fit the drill together
with a 'smart' charger.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Dedicated to the unrestricted propagation of worthless