Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I picked this mill up a week or so ago...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HaPuAUtpBMADSn5NA

Lagun heavy duty horizontal/Vertical milling machine.
Lagun FU2-LAC Universal Vertical / Horizontal Milling Machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4lwZ8NBVG8

Cost me the equivalent of $500 in service calls. The client picked it
up 10 yrs ago for a job that never materialized and its been
collecting dust in his shop since then. I finally talked him out of it
and will be moving it from this shop to my shop about 5 miles away as
soon as I can. Runs well, no play,slop or backlash. I've picked up a
Kurt vise and tooling for it already. Next thing to do is add one of
the Chicom DROs for a couple hundred bucks. Spindles are 40 NMTB and
I have a fair quality of tool holders. There is currently an adapter
in the spindle for a quick change type of tool holder..has two wings
on it...I cannot remember the name damnit..with a couple tool holders
to fit. (Clarkson Autolock?)

Ive picked up an adapter and a set of ER-40 collets to fit so all Im
going to need is a few more horizontal arbors and I should be golden.

Should I put on a 4 axis DRO? X/Y/Table Z and an additional Vert
Spindle Z?
All axises are power feed as can be seen in the photos.

I will have to machine a Horizontal arbor support for use with long
arbors..there isn't one..and finding one is likely to be
problematic...not many of these mills around in So Cal anymore..since
the advent of CNC. Shrug

Any suggestions or input would be great.

Gunner
--

" Jennifer Martinez It's apparent by your statement that
you spend very little of your liberal life around ALPHA personalities

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 04:41:31 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

[...]

KwikSwitch 200!!
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Laguna are solid machines. I had a chance to pick one up but passed. I've regretted it but later got a YCI Max that was less expensive and got the work done.