Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where to buy one 5/8" 16 TPI nut?

Looks like DeWalt's mud mixer drill spindle is 5/8" 16 TPI.

It measures .59 inches outer diameter and it's shaved down a bit more
than most bolts. It measures precisely 16 TPI.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/?

Need a nut for it.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 19/07/2020 23:34, John Doe wrote:
Looks like DeWalt's mud mixer drill spindle is 5/8" 16 TPI.

It measures .59 inches outer diameter and it's shaved down a bit more
than most bolts. It measures precisely 16 TPI.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/?

Need a nut for it.

Thanks.

They are available just not common. Taps are available in that size so
you could make your own nut but why not use the back end of the chuck
you've already removed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/20/2020 4:14 PM, David Billington wrote:
On 21/07/2020 00:06, John Doe wrote:
Bull****...

https://www.fiennes.co.uk/Parts/Catalogue/Q/QSN/QSN148

https://www.lroe.co.uk/3259

https://www.tracytools.com/5-8-x-16-tpi

https://www.tracytools.com/index.php...roduct_id=1108

HaHaHa... you are a bigger man than me Dave. I think I'd have been
tempted to say, "Yeah, you are right. You are screwed."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/20/2020 4:14 PM, David Billington wrote:
On 21/07/2020 00:06, John Doe wrote:
Bull****...

https://www.fiennes.co.uk/Parts/Catalogue/Q/QSN/QSN148

https://www.lroe.co.uk/3259

https://www.tracytools.com/5-8-x-16-tpi

https://www.tracytools.com/index.php...roduct_id=1108

HaHaHa... you are a bigger man than me Dave. I think I'd have been
tempted to say, "Yeah, you are right. You are screwed."

On 7/21/2020 10:06 AM, John Doe wrote:
Troll...

Maybe, but you are an Unmitigated egocentric selfish mind numb asshole
who insults people into helping you by being an insulting piece of ****
instead of just looking for yourself as any other member of this
newsgroup except apparently you is capable of.

You are a total **** who attacks those very people who are helping them.
Crawl back under your rock. Maybe it will mitigate your stench a bit
for the rest of us.

Anybody else want some perspective on this git, just look at the group
he is cross posting this **** too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/21/2020 2:59 PM, John Doe wrote:
If this netcop troll doesn't like it, it can stay out of it...

Do you even make sense to yourself?

I wasn't talking to you in the first place take your own advice. LOL.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/21/2020 5:51 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 7/21/2020 2:59 PM, John Doe wrote:
If this netcop troll doesn't like it, it can stay out of it...

Do you even make sense to yourself?

I wasn't talking to you in the first place take your own advice.Â* LOL.

How did you measure it? Is there any chance its an M16 1.5?

M16 is .629 inches vs .625 for 5/8. The physical OD of am outside
thread tends to be a little smaller than its nominal OD if you just slap
a caliper on it.

1.5 is about 16.933 TPI. Certainly would not match if using a thread
gage, but if just using a scale or ruler it could be confusing to some
if they do not measure a lot of threads.

M16 1.5 is not uncommon.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message ...

On 7/21/2020 5:51 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 7/21/2020 2:59 PM, John Doe wrote:
If this netcop troll doesn't like it, it can stay out of it...

Do you even make sense to yourself?

I wasn't talking to you in the first place take your own advice. LOL.

How did you measure it? Is there any chance its an M16 1.5?

M16 is .629 inches vs .625 for 5/8. The physical OD of am outside
thread tends to be a little smaller than its nominal OD if you just slap
a caliper on it.

1.5 is about 16.933 TPI. Certainly would not match if using a thread
gage, but if just using a scale or ruler it could be confusing to some
if they do not measure a lot of threads.

M16 1.5 is not uncommon.

===========================

5/8 - 16 is a standard drill chuck mounting thread.
https://www.tenaquip.com/category/cl...nt-drill-chuck

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

5/8 - 16 is a standard drill chuck mounting thread.
https://www.tenaquip.com/category/cl...nt-drill-chuck

Thanks for the citation. Under very close inspection, it measures
PERFECTLY at 16 TPI.

Given the fact a 1/2 inch drive socket drives the pedal hub, the
selection of interface sizes is large and precise enough so that the
spindle itself can plug into a socket, with a cotter key (I guess).

I would like to drill a hole through the socket and the spindle, but
not sure I have that capability. Notching each end is probably
sufficient.

Simply screwing a nut onto the drill spindle is a neat way to do it.
That sticks into the working side of a 1/2" drive socket to drive
the 1/2" square taper bicycle bottom bracket (on the other side).
Modular and quite cool IMO, but oh well!