DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Alternative to Harbor Freight for 5x6 bandsaw (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/67325-alternative-harbor-freight-5x6-bandsaw.html)

Carl Ijames August 31st 04 02:51 AM

Alternative to Harbor Freight for 5x6 bandsaw

Just got a new MSC flyer and they have a 5x6" bandsaw that looks a lot
like the HF model that frequently goes on sale for $179 or so. They
show the list price as $269.95 and the sale price is $199 for part
number AM40051690. I haven't seen this (or the HF version) in person
but I would expect the quality to be a little better from MSC (yeah,
right :-)). Anyway, you can see it on their website,
www.mscdirect.com - just put in 40051690 as an MSC part #. Just wanted
to point this out for those who don't like dealing with HF.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

Richard J Kinch August 31st 04 10:18 AM

Carl Ijames writes:

They show the list price as $269.95 and the sale price is $199 for part
number AM40051690.

Given that the HF sale price is frequently $140, not that compelling for
what is the same unit with different paint.

Bob Engelhardt August 31st 04 09:17 PM

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Given that the HF sale price is frequently $140,...

And that shipping is free at HF. I don't want to think about what MSC
would charge to ship a bandsaw. Bob