Gunner

Default Free or nearly so Lathes

A customer just took delivery of two new CNC lathes, so the ones they
are replaceing need to go away ASAP!

both are running, in very good condition and with tooling

Hitachi Seiki 5D turret lathe. This is about a 20" swing, with nice 3
jaw, double turrets etc. I believe this is microswitch programable.
In excellent running condition

Herbert 2 Senior turret lathe. About 14" swing, Excellent condition
and in good running order.

Both lathes may be used manually as regular lathes or as turret
lathes, with full manual controls and power feeds in all axis

Customer wants scrap price for either/both. We figure $500 each would
be about right.

Located in San Fernando, California.

Company is All American Products (you may have some of their drill
bushings, fixtures etc etc)

818-365-8675

Ask for Pedro or Marshal

If they dont sell quick, they are going to get pushed into a dumpster
and broken up.

These would make someone a hell of a nice utility lathe. Now is the
time for you to get a big lathe cheap cheap cheap. Either would make
good retrofits

I have pictures, but if you are interested, move fast as they need the
room.

And no..the Okuma engine lathe is mine G

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann

Gunner

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:23:55 GMT, "AL" wrote:

Darn. Too bad they weren't in Chicago.

Shipping by truck isnt that expensive. Ill bet you could get them
both there for less than $2k by doing a bit of research.

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

rick

"AL" wrote in message news:LteXc.63175$Fg5.58420@attbi_s53...
Darn. Too bad they weren't in Chicago.

omg there is so much used machinery available in Chicago theives probably put
cars up on scrapped lathe beds instead of cement blocks when they steal tires.

Seattle, now that is a scarce place for machinery.

Steve Smith

I'd agree. I shipped an 1800 pound mill from California to Colorado for
$500. A freight broker is where you can get a one-off price like this;
otherwise you need a decent contract with a shipping company.

Steve

Gunner wrote:

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:23:55 GMT, "AL" wrote:

Darn. Too bad they weren't in Chicago.

Shipping by truck isnt that expensive. Ill bet you could get them
both there for less than $2k by doing a bit of research.

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
[...]

I'd photos of the double turret lathe, Gunner. I was
describing just such a beast to a customer of mine who may
be able to use it. It's a long shot, but worth running it
by them.

I'm very familiar with All American, I've purchased many of
their bushings over the years, mostly tiny ones used as
wire guides and shear dies for small wire.

Is the Okuma an LS series? I'll trade you my 10EE. G

Ned Simmons
jk

"rick" wrote:

Seattle, now that is a scarce place for machinery.

Oh yeah??? try Eureka. (CA)

jk