DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Horrible Freight 220V spotwelder (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/66094-horrible-freight-220v-spotwelder.html)

MetalHead August 22nd 04 12:29 AM

Horrible Freight 220V spotwelder

Has anybody bought and used the Horrible Freight 220V spotwelder that is
on sale right now? A spot welder seems like a simple enough thing that
it might actually work.

Thanks,
Bob

Roger Hull August 22nd 04 01:50 AM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:29:08 -0700, MetalHead wrote
(in message ):

Has anybody bought and used the Horrible Freight 220V spotwelder that is
on sale right now? A spot welder seems like a simple enough thing that
it might actually work.

Thanks,
Bob

I have the 110 Volt version. It overheats after about ten welds in a row.
Very low duty cycle, probably 5-10%. O.K. for occasional use.

MetalHead August 22nd 04 10:30 PM

MetalHead wrote:

Thanks for the info, everbody!
Bob