Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Heather Coleman

Default Personalised hall marks

Hi ;-)
Can someone advise some ways of making my own personal metal marking
stamp for my jewellery. I am looking either to make something myself or
get someone to make one for me. I assume this has to be done in hardened
Iron if I want it to stamp into gold, Silver, Bronze and Nickel-silver.
I have seen basic stamps for sale from suppliers that say "silver" etc
but wanted to make my own with a tiny icon on it. I am not a commercial
selling artist so I assume for my own work in say Gold I do not have to
get an official hallmark? My jewellery will just be for myself and close
friends although should I decide to venture out in this later maybe
advise on this would be useful anyway. There is a local medal maker in
Devon UK where I am and I was going to ask them. I have use of fine art
computer printing and electronic/acid engraving equipment so I could
produce something but maybe a professional could make the details much
smaller and finer.
Any help appreciated.
regards
Heather