AL

Default Chicago area oil recycling service ?

Back in the day, I only changed oil in my car and my deep fryer. The used
vegetable oil went in the garbage and the used motor oil went into a milk
jug which the village picked up.

Now I've got used coolant, used lubricating oil for my machines, and used
motor oil. Is there a company that will give me a 55 gallon drum, and then
pick it up when I call them (ie. not on a weekly or biweekly basis). Does
such a company exist? Is there one in the Chicago area?

PrecisionMachinisT

"AL" wrote in message news:zPWUc.43923$TI1.35708@attbi_s52...
Back in the day, I only changed oil in my car and my deep fryer. The used
vegetable oil went in the garbage and the used motor oil went into a milk
jug which the village picked up.

Now I've got used coolant, used lubricating oil for my machines, and used
motor oil. Is there a company that will give me a 55 gallon drum, and

then
pick it up when I call them (ie. not on a weekly or biweekly basis). Does
such a company exist? Is there one in the Chicago area?

Maybe find somebody has a waste oil burning furnace........

--

SVL

John L. Weatherly

AL wrote:

Back in the day, I only changed oil in my car and my deep fryer. The used
vegetable oil went in the garbage and the used motor oil went into a milk
jug which the village picked up.

Now I've got used coolant, used lubricating oil for my machines, and used
motor oil. Is there a company that will give me a 55 gallon drum, and
then
pick it up when I call them (ie. not on a weekly or biweekly basis). Does
such a company exist? Is there one in the Chicago area?

There's an outfit here called January Transport. They may be a national
company. Look in the yellow pages under oil for others.

Good Luck
--
John L. Weatherly
MacGyver Industrial Technologies
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:23:43 GMT, "AL" calmly ranted:

Back in the day, I only changed oil in my car and my deep fryer. The used
vegetable oil went in the garbage and the used motor oil went into a milk
jug which the village picked up.

Now I've got used coolant, used lubricating oil for my machines, and used
motor oil. Is there a company that will give me a 55 gallon drum, and then
pick it up when I call them (ie. not on a weekly or biweekly basis). Does
such a company exist? Is there one in the Chicago area?

Call the lube (LOF) places around you and ask who picks
up their used oil. Or look in the Jello Pages for waste
oil companies. Some should be nearby.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends
-- http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development --

Fraser Johnston

"AL" wrote in message news:zPWUc.43923$TI1.35708@attbi_s52...
Back in the day, I only changed oil in my car and my deep fryer. The used
vegetable oil went in the garbage and the used motor oil went into a milk
jug which the village picked up.

Now I've got used coolant, used lubricating oil for my machines, and used
motor oil. Is there a company that will give me a 55 gallon drum, and
then
pick it up when I call them (ie. not on a weekly or biweekly basis). Does
such a company exist? Is there one in the Chicago area?

If I was throwing out vegetable oil in any great quantity I would be
seriously looking into a biodiesel setup. Run your car for free. Can't help
you with anyone who picks up oil in Chicago though. Sorry.

Fraser

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:52:12 +0800, "Fraser Johnston"
wrote:

"AL" wrote in message news:zPWUc.43923$TI1.35708@attbi_s52...
Back in the day, I only changed oil in my car and my deep fryer. The used
vegetable oil went in the garbage and the used motor oil went into a milk
jug which the village picked up.

Now I've got used coolant, used lubricating oil for my machines, and used
motor oil. Is there a company that will give me a 55 gallon drum, and
then
pick it up when I call them (ie. not on a weekly or biweekly basis). Does
such a company exist? Is there one in the Chicago area?

If I was throwing out vegetable oil in any great quantity I would be
seriously looking into a biodiesel setup. Run your car for free. Can't help
you with anyone who picks up oil in Chicago though. Sorry.

Fraser

Try Safety Kleen. They have a Chicago location, I believe.
I know they recycle used oil, solvents, and glycol as they stink up
the air around Waterloo Regional International Airport at Breslau (
Ontario) on a regular basis.
You may need to transport to their collection facility or pay for
pickup of small quantities (less than 200 Gallons)