Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Life comes at ya fast...

Well, as a few might know, I immigrated to Australia 6 years ago. I
closed out my machine shop, but couldn't afford to bring the machines,
however I brought over almost all my tools and tooling, intent on having
a killer home hobby machine shop. Ah, well, not to be. Diagnosed several
weeks ago with group 4 glioblastoma. Underwent surgery and virtually all
traces of the tumor are gone, but tomorrow we venture back to Sydney for
6 weeks radiation and chemo.
Yay! BTW, treated at the best neurosurgery hospital in AU, by the best.
Surgery was a cake walk, but if I never have to have another ****ing
catheter, it'll be too soon... lol.

Anyway, I need to offload my tooling. I'm in Cootamundra, NSW, hour out
of Wagga, couple hours out of Canberra.
Any Aussie folks here that might be interested, contact me directly.
I'll be working on a Google photo album,
and will provide the link to interested parties. Can't say what shape
I'll be in in a few weeks, so most likely, will be pick up only in Coota.

Regards to all,

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Damn ... I hate to hear that! I remember your going to AU & your
successes with your job there. That was back when RCM was a lot more
social ... before the rabid immigrants from alt.survival et al ruined it.

Emptying my shop would be very hard for me - you seem to have accepted
it better than I could. Doing what needs to be done - good on you.

Modern medicine is absolutely amazing, although the unpleasantness's
(e.g. catheters) are still with us. Wishing you as few as possible.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 10:18:17 +1000
Jon Anderson wrote:

Well, as a few might know, I immigrated to Australia 6 years ago.

snip

I remember but not that it was that long ago...

Diagnosed several weeks ago with group 4 glioblastoma.
Underwent surgery and virtually all traces of the tumor are
gone, but tomorrow we venture back to Sydney for 6 weeks
radiation and chemo.

snip

So sorry to hear this

Thoughts and wish you the best with all of this...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI