DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What Exactly is a "Dense" Magnetic Chuck? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/647093-what-exactly-dense-magnetic-chuck.html)

Bob La Londe[_7_] April 2nd 20 10:48 PM

What Exactly is a "Dense" Magnetic Chuck?

I recently ordered a small surface grinder (may regret it, but...), and
I was looking around at magnetic chucks. I noticed that "dense" magnetic
chucks seem to be cheaper than others. What exactly is a "dense"
magnetic chuck.

Jim Wilkins[_2_] April 2nd 20 11:48 PM

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message ...

I recently ordered a small surface grinder (may regret it, but...), and
I was looking around at magnetic chucks. I noticed that "dense" magnetic
chucks seem to be cheaper than others. What exactly is a "dense"
magnetic chuck.

This claims "Ceramic dense magnets for superior holding power."
https://www.amazon.com/HHIP-Permanen...00N40W25E?th=1

Fine poles are for thin work, standard poles hold thick parts better.

https://www.avg.com