DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gingery lathe questions (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/646781-gingery-lathe-questions.html)

[email protected] March 29th 20 07:08 PM

Gingery lathe questions

Can I use the aluminum from a pull down attic ladder?

Also, what size & type of motor is desired for the lathe? I just started reading the first two books.

Terry Coombs[_2_] March 29th 20 09:30 PM

Gingery lathe questions

On 3/29/2020 1:08 PM, wrote:
Can I use the aluminum from a pull down attic ladder?

Also, what size & type of motor is desired for the lathe? I just started reading the first two books.

Â* That's probably extruded aluminum . Cast aluminum will work much
better - think transmission housings , small engine blocks , and cast
aluminum car wheels . Wheels are IMO the best source , it's usually
cleaner than many other sources . A 1/3 hp 56 frame motor is a good
choice .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

[email protected] May 3rd 20 08:03 PM

Gingery lathe questions

Thanks for sharing some I do and knowledge. I appreciate the reply and details.