Metalworking (rec.crafts.metalworking) Discuss various aspects of working with metal, such as machining, welding, metal joining, screwing, casting, hardening/tempering, blacksmithing/forging, spinning and hammer work, sheet metal work.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old January 29th 20, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,373
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 08:43:04 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:


On 1/28/2020 8:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I have no recollection of you and I doing business, whatsoever.


Imagine that. That's because you have said you would do things several
times and NEVER followed through. Hard to do business with somebody who
never follows through.


Can you tell me what those "things" were?

Thank you.

__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.




  #12   Report Post  
Old January 29th 20, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,640
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?


On 1/29/2020 12:28 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 08:43:04 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:


On 1/28/2020 8:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I have no recollection of you and I doing business, whatsoever.


Imagine that. That's because you have said you would do things several
times and NEVER followed through. Hard to do business with somebody who
never follows through.


Can you tell me what those "things" were?


I could, but its not worth MY time since I wasn't worth your time. Now
is your chance to follow through and upgrade my opinion though.


  #13   Report Post  
Old January 29th 20, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,373
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 18:42:53 +1100, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 29/01/2020 11:10 am, Gunner Asch wrote:

Make me an offer and Ill put em in a box and ship em to you. Want a
picture of the bin..let me know.

No interest..Ill slide em on Ebay and start em at $10 for the lot.


My first lathe was a Craftsman, came with, believe it or not, a Royal
collet closer, nose piece, and a couple collets. Got a small lot
production job and needed a 3/8 collet, cost me some $48 best I recall,
this was nearly 30 years ago. $10 for the lot? Screaming bargain!

Jon


Given that 1A collets sell for $12 each (on average) on ebay, one
would hope that the lot would go for more than $10. Shrug. Or I could
break em down into small lots and sell em.

I have an actual lever action collet closer that "should" fit these
collets. Its down in my cargo trailer in So Cal, so Ill take a collet
with me when I go, and see if it fits, then take dimensions etc etc. I
closed down a small shop a couple units down from where I hang my hat,
and wound up with a bunch of small items the owners had no use for. I
believe I posted (here) the big lathe I took out of there and then
sold on Craigslist.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WsRbULNX2RiiAZpJ7

I still have the turret and the cross slide, as they didnt fit the
lathe ways. I believe they are for a Clausing 15-17" sized lathe.

I powered the lathe up, it ran, but I didnt check anything other than
mechanical operation, and posted it exactly as that. Guy wanted it for
a welding lathe, so I sold it for a grand and he was happy as a bug to
have me load it up on his flatbed. I told him if it was not as
advertised..Id give him his money back. a month and a half..no phone
call..so I assume it worked for him.

I go south for a couple weeks at a time and stay quite busy. I have 15
clients, plus the screw machine shop that has made me their "maint
dept". I come home for a week, do honey dos, then go back south
again. Wash, rinse, repeat. I do NOT have internet access down
there..and frankly..Im too damned busy or tired to fart around with
even finding net access. Yes, I do have a laptop/wifi etc in the
truck. But I stay so involved with work/clients, averaging 14-16 hrs a
day..that Im burned out, and take periodic naps when I can, throughout
the day. 3 weeks ago, I went out to Tempe Aridzona to a machine shop
that had auctioned off and brought back 4 AcmeGridely screw machines
and a 28' stake bed full of misc Stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jOJ...ature=emb_logo

My client had purchased a bunch of stuff and the clear out date was 2
months later..which I thought was a bit wierd..but. Shrug. So I found
riggers to go out and load the (BiG!) Acmes after I broke them down,
disconnected them etc etc and bring them home. All that was done that
week. In fact..I still have my phone and both cameras loaded with
photos Ive forgotten to transfer to the computer. Ill try to do that
in the next day or so and put them in one of my online albums.

Have I forgotten to do off the wall stuff? Yes indeed. I do that
occasionally. Im simply too busy, and getting too old to be able to
keep stuff mentally organized 100% When I was a kid..it was easy. At
66..and yes..after the stroke I lost a lot of that ability..hence I
make notes.
.. I have a clipboard on the "tween the seats box" of my van of Things
To Do..but remembering to enter stuff from here at the computer to Out
In the Truck..sometimes that simply doesnt happen.

I honestly dont remember ever doing any business with Mr La Londe. Or
even offering to do anything for him. If I did..I appolgize. There is
a huge disconnect between here on Usenet..and my daily work routine. I
have way..way too much going on in my life, between the dog rescue we
run, the wifes health issues, my own health issues, my home shops, my
hobbies and the bill payer..my work. And the hobbies and the shop have
had dick done with them in nearly a year. Thats what Ive been doing
this week. Another 2 weeks and it will be looking ok. Hell..Ive got
stuff I brought home when I closed my buddies machine shop down almost
2 yrs ago, that Im finding.

https://goo.gl/photos/ysGEp3miwn4YJNng9

Ill take some photos today and post an album. I have to check my phone
for pics as well. I know its loaded...sigh.

I hit yard sales when I see them, religously. I picked this up a 2
yrs ago for $20 at a yard sail in Fullerton..resold it locally last
month for $80. I had forgotten I had it tucked away..shrug. I only
found it when I went digging for my banjo.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DAFuCt9zvXdyjsrp8

Hell..I havent been sailing in 6 months. No time. I still have a Ford
Ranger sitting out there, with the engine rebuilt..then disassembled
again. Got a Chevy Venture out front..bad trans. Havent gotten around
to getting the F150 smogged and tagged. No time. Ive got the
money..but it needs a muffler first..this one is welded on. I need to
remember to order a muffler..they are only $40, then have the time to
cut out the old one and install the new one. The one thats on there
was welded on. I just made a note to do that..sigh. I had a legal pad
that I kept stuff like this on..one of the dogs ate it. Along with a
mouse, a keyboard, my favorite pair of hiking boots and the cables to
two battery chargers.
Adopted her out as soon as I could. Sweet dog..had loss issues.
Pitbull/German Shepherd. She was found nearly starved to death,
chained outside the junk heap that her tweaker owner lived in,
before he OD'd and died. They didnt find him for a couple weeks. No
rescuing that trailer..they burned it on site as a fire department
training exercise. Brrrrrr. Nasty nasty stench when it happens in
August here. A buddy on the county fire department (EMS) had been part
of the crew dispatched by a 911 call from the family member who find
him made. Paul still pauses as the scene flashes behind his eyes when
he talks about it. Been there, done that..seen that. I sympathise.

Hell..I picked up a nice GI M1 Carbine 2 months ago for pocket change.
I got around to checking it out 4 days ago. It would fire, not cycle
reliable. Broke it down..found the gas piston nut was jammed into the
gas port at an angle, and damaged, so i ordered one Friday and it
should be here before I go back south Friday. With luck. If the creek
doesnt rise. I need to find a 1/2-32 tap to fresh the threads on the
gas port. I may have one..one of the things Im hoping to find while
working out in the shop and grounds. Maybe. With luck. If not..Ill
have to order one on Ebay. I could go buy a nice US made bottoming
tap..for $50..for a 30 second operation and never have a need for it
again. Its not a "Common Size"..shrug Humm...I may toss it into the
van and see if one of my clients has one I can use. (making a note)

I found both my mag drills yesterday. I need to order a gib for the
Millwaukee (making a note) Then I can put it in the van and take it
with me and use it. The B&D has a huge foot print, ok for drilling
holes in plate..but for the kind of work I have to do..its simply too
big. Ill take photos of the back 40 today..post em to an album.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/65056400

Now Ive got my belly full of lunch..time to go back out and hit it
again.

Gunner





__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.



  #14   Report Post  
Old January 29th 20, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,640
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On 1/29/2020 1:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 12:51:30 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:


On 1/29/2020 12:28 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 08:43:04 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:


On 1/28/2020 8:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I have no recollection of you and I doing business, whatsoever.

Imagine that. That's because you have said you would do things

several
times and NEVER followed through. Hard to do business with

somebody who
never follows through.

Can you tell me what those "things" were?


I could, but its not worth MY time since I wasn't worth your time. Now
is your chance to follow through and upgrade my opinion though.

So you dont remember either.
Right.
Ill take some photos today and post em on an album



You are wrong. Perhaps even being deliberately deceitful in your
attempt to redirect. I remember exactly each time of those I counted. A
couple were small. One was a "favor" (that I would have to pay for if
you actually did it), and the first was a true sounding favor. The FACT
is you came through on none of them. Favor or cash you didn't do what
you said. I even have your phone number still stored on my phone from
one of those times you failed to do what you said. We have spoken on
the phone before about one of them.

I could list out and detail each instance, but then you would try and
rebut them and it would certainly get nasty. You can act better or not.
Its your choice.

So are you going to escalate this to insults and threats like you have
with others in the past, or are you going to actually do what you said
for once?

If you choose the former that would be disappointing, but if you bother
to look you may even have my address in your old emails. If you choose
the later then good for you. That would be a notable improvement over
past behavior.

Sincerely,
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

  #15   Report Post  
Old January 29th 20, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,373
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 14:21:19 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 1/29/2020 1:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 12:51:30 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:


On 1/29/2020 12:28 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 08:43:04 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:


On 1/28/2020 8:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I have no recollection of you and I doing business, whatsoever.

Imagine that. That's because you have said you would do things

several
times and NEVER followed through. Hard to do business with

somebody who
never follows through.

Can you tell me what those "things" were?


I could, but its not worth MY time since I wasn't worth your time. Now
is your chance to follow through and upgrade my opinion though.

So you dont remember either.
Right.
Ill take some photos today and post em on an album



You are wrong. Perhaps even being deliberately deceitful in your
attempt to redirect. I remember exactly each time of those I counted. A
couple were small. One was a "favor" (that I would have to pay for if
you actually did it), and the first was a true sounding favor. The FACT
is you came through on none of them. Favor or cash you didn't do what
you said. I even have your phone number still stored on my phone from
one of those times you failed to do what you said. We have spoken on
the phone before about one of them.

I could list out and detail each instance, but then you would try and
rebut them and it would certainly get nasty. You can act better or not.
Its your choice.

So are you going to escalate this to insults and threats like you have
with others in the past, or are you going to actually do what you said
for once?

If you choose the former that would be disappointing, but if you bother
to look you may even have my address in your old emails. If you choose
the later then good for you. That would be a notable improvement over
past behavior.

Sincerely,
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az


Ah...Bob? Ive been through 3 computers in the past year, not counting
my laptop. Im honestly saying this..I dont have a ****ing clue what
you are talking about. Hell..I thought you were up in Washington
State in fact. Yuma? Fascinating

Anyways..Im uploading a bunch of photos as I type this..

Ive already posted the link..but for some reason its stalled at "6 of
147". Ill have to retry with a computer reboot. Ill repost the link if
I have to change it.

Gunner
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.





  #16   Report Post  
Old January 29th 20, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,373
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 13:48:09 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:


I found both my mag drills yesterday. I need to order a gib for the
Millwaukee (making a note) Then I can put it in the van and take it
with me and use it. The B&D has a huge foot print, ok for drilling
holes in plate..but for the kind of work I have to do..its simply too
big. Ill take photos of the back 40 today..post em to an album.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/65056400

Now Ive got my belly full of lunch..time to go back out and hit it
again.

Gunner


I just grabbed a camera and went out and shot a bunch of pictures of
what Gunners Mess looks like. It was far...far worse 2 months ago.

Im working on it as hard as I can..when its not raining.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PbmeVRqbF97kM7Wp6

Pictures are currently uploading..there are something like 147 or so.

The 1A collets are in there somewhere..Ill do another album this
evening and do some seperation of photos. That was a dump from my
memory card...shrug.

Gunner
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.


That will be:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bkPdFdmFakVrV4zs9

Had to restart everything...google is ****ing with me today. And Im
doing this tethered to my cellphone..so its as slow as ****.
Sorry
Will be probably 45 minutes before all of them are uploaded, based on
the speed at the moment

Gunner
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.



  #17   Report Post  
Old January 30th 20, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,373
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 14:43:07 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 13:48:09 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:


I found both my mag drills yesterday. I need to order a gib for the
Millwaukee (making a note) Then I can put it in the van and take it
with me and use it. The B&D has a huge foot print, ok for drilling
holes in plate..but for the kind of work I have to do..its simply too
big. Ill take photos of the back 40 today..post em to an album.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/65056400

Now Ive got my belly full of lunch..time to go back out and hit it
again.

Gunner


I just grabbed a camera and went out and shot a bunch of pictures of
what Gunners Mess looks like. It was far...far worse 2 months ago.

Im working on it as hard as I can..when its not raining.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PbmeVRqbF97kM7Wp6

Pictures are currently uploading..there are something like 147 or so.

The 1A collets are in there somewhere..Ill do another album this
evening and do some seperation of photos. That was a dump from my
memory card...shrug.

Gunner
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.


That will be:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bkPdFdmFakVrV4zs9

Had to restart everything...google is ****ing with me today. And Im
doing this tethered to my cellphone..so its as slow as ****.
Sorry
Will be probably 45 minutes before all of them are uploaded, based on
the speed at the moment


Most of them are up.

__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.



  #18   Report Post  
Old January 30th 20, 07:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On 01/29/2020 09:45 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

You are offering about $2 each. When on Ebay..the cheap ones start
5x higher. I dont mind selling them cheap...but selling them THAT
cheap...Ill have to ponder.

Im a bit slow..but Im hardly stupid.


About $2...ayup. Probably.

I went through bins and came across a bunch of them..probably 50-75
I still haven't really counted them yet.
50-75, whatever, it is a big number. And I'm working on it. Im a bit slow.


Gunner
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but
propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.
  #19   Report Post  
Old January 31st 20, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,373
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 18:05:01 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:


No interest..Ill slide em on Ebay and start em at $10 for the
lot.


I have two small lathes with 3C adapters in the spindles. I would
be interested if I knew for sure they would fit up nice in a 3C
taper, but historically you've been unreliable for me both before
and after your stroke. Let us know if you put them on Ebay, and I
may bid on them, but I'm not going to do a private party deal.


Yep. EBay will take care of him for you...
They stopped allowing sellers to mess with buyers many years ago.
Nowadays it's easy being a buyer on eBay. I will be surprised if he even
"slides" them onto eBay.

Whatever, good luck.


471 transactions and 100% positive feed back says you are a ****ing
troll, as well as a moron.

But..we already knew that.

Laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh!!

Most expensive thing Ive sold on Ebay was a Lagun FT-5 mill. Sold for
$11,000.

Most expensive thing Ive bought on Ebay was $25,000.00

Got a perfect feedback rating

Check me out.

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/gunnerasch

__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.



  #20   Report Post  
Old January 31st 20, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,640
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On 1/31/2020 10:04 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 18:05:01 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:


No interest..Ill slide em on Ebay and start em at $10 for the
lot.


I have two small lathes with 3C adapters in the spindles. I would
be interested if I knew for sure they would fit up nice in a 3C
taper, but historically you've been unreliable for me both before
and after your stroke. Let us know if you put them on Ebay, and I
may bid on them, but I'm not going to do a private party deal.


Yep. EBay will take care of him for you...
They stopped allowing sellers to mess with buyers many years ago.
Nowadays it's easy being a buyer on eBay. I will be surprised if he even
"slides" them onto eBay.

Whatever, good luck.


471 transactions and 100% positive feed back says you are a ****ing
troll, as well as a moron.

But..we already knew that.

Laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh!!

Most expensive thing Ive sold on Ebay was a Lagun FT-5 mill. Sold for
$11,000.

Most expensive thing Ive bought on Ebay was $25,000.00

Got a perfect feedback rating

Check me out.



I sold three Harleys on Ebay in a week for a net of about $34K and
thousands of dollars worth of Harley parts around that same time period.
So what. I've got 100% feeback on Ebay as well. Doesn't mean a thing
the way Ebay has *******ized and broken the feedback system. I'd rather
have a negative from a troll than see the system made 100% meaningless
the way it is today.




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chemical fire : bunch of homes gonna need repair Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 1 February 21st 14 02:18 AM
For Swingman and a bunch of Texans Charlie Self Woodworking 11 September 24th 05 01:49 AM
'offsubject' says thanks a bunch, cl. Chuck Lorentzson Metalworking 0 April 4th 05 05:32 AM
A bunch of new projects on my web site Joe Wilding Woodworking 7 February 25th 05 08:28 PM
Anyone need Hardinge 4C collets? Gunner Metalworking 20 January 4th 04 08:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2020 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017