DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ATP5 vs MIC6 (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/642305-atp5-vs-mic6.html)

Bob La Londe[_7_] November 27th 19 06:53 PM

ATP5 vs MIC6

In the past when I have needed bits and pieces of cast tooling plate
I've bought MIC6. I've made various tool and mounting fixtures with it.
Recently I noticed one of my metal vendors has ATP5 for a fraction of
what I've paid for MIC6 in the past. The specs look pretty similar.

Are there any significant differences I am missing?

Bob La Londe[_7_] November 28th 19 03:15 PM

ATP5 vs MIC6

On 11/27/2019 11:53 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
In the past when I have needed bits and pieces of cast tooling plate
I've bought MIC6.Â* I've made various tool and mounting fixtures with it.
Â*Recently I noticed one of my metal vendors has ATP5 for a fraction of
what I've paid for MIC6 in the past.Â* The specs look pretty similar.

Are there any significant differences I am missing?

Other than elongation (I am not sure what that means in this context)
ATP5 seems like the better choice for most things. Weldable.
Machinable. Castable. Stronger (slightly). Corrosion resistant.
Cheaper.

MiC6 anodizes better.