DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Precision Ground Modular Vise (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/642004-precision-ground-modular-vise.html)

Bob La Londe[_7_] November 15th 19 04:10 PM

Precision Ground Modular Vise

Is anybody using one of these?

Just from observation:

(+) Except for purpose built edge clamping systems, and screwless or
grinder vises they look like they have a very large grip range relative
to their footprint.

(-) Price (for top brands).

(?) How are they for jaw tilt or jaw lift?

David Billington[_2_] November 15th 19 04:16 PM

On 15/11/2019 15:10, Bob La Londe wrote:
Is anybody using one of these?

Just from observation:

(+)Â* Except for purpose built edge clamping systems, and screwless or
grinder vises they look like they have a very large grip range
relative to their footprint.

(-)Â* Price (for top brands).

(?)Â* How are they for jaw tilt or jaw lift?

I have a Gerardi 150mm on my BP and love it. Wide clamp range as you say
and the jaws can be loosened so that when clamping they pull the
workpiece down due to the jaws being wedged where they sit against the
moving and fixed jaws. Even without that feature lift is minimal. I
bought mine new.