Old November 13th 19, 11:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is this fixture called?

I picked this up the other day and am brain locked in what its called.
Its used to machine engine heads and other similar work pieces. One
clamps a head to the top of the fixture, and swivels and rocks the
fixture to adjust it for boring, milling etc etc.

It is typically mounted on the table of a vertical milling maching.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oTCDT2wiHH35sXM5A

Its for sale..but I need to have some idea of what its value is before
I post it on Craigslist etc

Thanks!

Gunner
__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

Old November 13th 19, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It is a rollover cradle for a seat and guide machine. I use a Winonoa (sp) PH2000 machine with that cradle.
Old November 13th 19, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 2:23:11 AM UTC-8, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked this up the other day and am brain locked in what its called.

In a different context, that's a goniometer.
Old November 13th 19, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 14/11/19 7:42 am, whit3rd wrote:
On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 2:23:11 AM UTC-8, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked this up the other day and am brain locked in what its called.

In a different context, that's a goniometer.

How is it used to measure gonads?

Old November 14th 19, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 05:01:46 -0800 (PST), Al Bosch
wrote:

It is a rollover cradle for a seat and guide machine. I use a Winonoa (sp) PH2000 machine with that cradle.

Thanks. Any idea of its resale value? Thing is mint+

I cant find any items on Ebay by that name or any permutations of it.

Gunner
__

Old November 14th 19, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It is a rollover cradle for a seat and guide machine. I use a Winonoa (sp) PH2000 machine with that cradle.

Thanks. Any idea of its resale value? Thing is mint+

I cant find any items on Ebay by that name or any permutations of it.

Gunner

As far as value, I don't see any without the rest of the machine. It's made to air float and really useful for much other than it's intended use. My opinion, scrap. Sorry....
__

Old November 14th 19, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hardly scrap. Go to one of the automotive sites like www.yellowbullet.com
or maybe www.speedtalk.com. Always someone looking for tooling like that.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Old November 14th 19, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It is a rollover cradle for a seat and guide machine. I use a Winonoa (sp) PH2000 machine with that cradle.

Thanks. Any idea of its resale value? Thing is mint+

I cant find any items on Ebay by that name or any permutations of it.

Gunner

As far as value, I don't see any without the rest of the machine. It's made to air float and really useful for much other than it's intended use. My opinion, scrap. Sorry....

Ive seem 5 of these in the past 4 yrs, all sitting on Bridgeport
tables. Most of them had risers in the column to account for the
height. And all of them were in daily use...so I dont think this is
"scrap"... the motor rebuilders/ repair shops didnt think so. Shrug.

But thanks for your input.

__

Old December 6th 19, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I followed a link here from speed-talk. Definitely not scrap and don't throw it away for God's sake. I have a PH2000 with the same cradle and your find has value to me. I have no clue what this group is or where you are located though lol
Nathan Arter
Old December 6th 19, 10:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Im in Southern California. Whats it worth..and whats it worth to you.

Gunner
__