DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Insane Toolbox (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/640886-insane-toolbox.html)

Bob La Londe[_7_] October 15th 19 04:57 PM

Insane Toolbox

No, its not one of those two story monstrosities with its own staircase.
Its cheap. Even if it was the low quality of the old HF tool boxes I
don't see how it could be so cheap.

https://hegje.myshopify.com/products...30709663891546

Leon Fisk[_2_] October 15th 19 06:18 PM

Insane Toolbox

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 08:57:02 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

No, its not one of those two story monstrosities with its own staircase.
Its cheap. Even if it was the low quality of the old HF tool boxes I
don't see how it could be so cheap.

https://hegje.myshopify.com/products...30709663891546

That is pretty wild, even for China...

Curious, I went through the order procedure with some bogus info and it
came up with free shipping and $146 total. It had to have my email and
phone number before letting me see the shipping would be free. I wonder
if that's all it is, just a scam to get personal info?

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

Puckdropper October 15th 19 07:14 PM

Insane Toolbox

Bob La Londe wrote:

No, its not one of those two story monstrosities with its own staircase.
Its cheap. Even if it was the low quality of the old HF tool boxes I
don't see how it could be so cheap.

https://hegje.myshopify.com/products...30709663891546

Nothing on that site shows up close to normal price. Wonder where they
get their stuff? I'm also wondering what they'll even ship?

There's a 56" 23-drawer tool chest priced at 10% of it's normal (site
provided) price, wonder if it's any good. I paid $350 each for HF
ones, but they were great quality and a little smaller.

Puckdropper

Eli the Bearded October 15th 19 10:10 PM

Insane Toolbox

In rec.crafts.metalworking, Leon Fisk wrote:
Bob La Londe wrote:
don't see how it could be so cheap.
https://hegje.myshopify.com/products...30709663891546

That is pretty wild, even for China...

Curious, I went through the order procedure with some bogus info and it
came up with free shipping and $146 total. It had to have my email and
phone number before letting me see the shipping would be free. I wonder
if that's all it is, just a scam to get personal info?

https://hegje.myshopify.com/ - "Oops, something went wrong. This shop
is unavailable"

I think, "Yes, it *was* a scam to get personal info." It wouldn't be the
first scam pulled at Shopify.

Elijah
------
they apparently play whack-a-mole a lot