DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Air Pressure Regulators Revisited (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/638047-air-pressure-regulators-revisited.html)

Bob La Londe[_7_] July 25th 19 02:12 AM

Air Pressure Regulators Revisited

Well, the IR regulator blew out again yesterday. Took me mere minutes
to swap out to the new one I ordered from McMaster Carr. I am so glad I
put a shut off valve right on the tank so I don't have to drain it to
work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send you,
but the paper work with the regulator says its a Norgren. I've never
even seen Norgren before, but that name sounds familiar. So, will I be
replacing it again in less than a year or is it likely to be a better
quality regulator. It wasn't much more expensive than the IR regulator.
Maybe $10 difference.

gray_wolf July 25th 19 02:30 PM

Air Pressure Regulators Revisited

On 7/24/2019 8:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Well, the IR regulator blew out again yesterday.Â* Took me mere minutes to swap
out to the new one I ordered from McMaster Carr.Â* I am so glad I put a shut off
valve right on the tank so I don't have to drain it to work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send you, but the
paper work with the regulator says its a Norgren.Â* I've never even seen Norgren
before, but that name sounds familiar.Â* So, will I be replacing it again in less
than a year or is it likely to be a better quality regulator.Â* It wasn't much
more expensive than the IR regulator. Â*Maybe $10 difference.

IIRC I saw some Norgren regulators on CO2 tanks in the soda fountain trade in
the '50s

RangersSuck July 25th 19 02:41 PM

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 9:12:29 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send you,

That is my One Big Complaint about McMaster. It makes it difficult to use them for prototype parts for devices that will go into production.

David Billington[_2_] July 25th 19 04:04 PM

On 25/07/2019 02:12, Bob La Londe wrote:
Well, the IR regulator blew out again yesterday.Â* Took me mere minutes
to swap out to the new one I ordered from McMaster Carr.Â* I am so glad
I put a shut off valve right on the tank so I don't have to drain it
to work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send
you, but the paper work with the regulator says its a Norgren.Â* I've
never even seen Norgren before, but that name sounds familiar.Â* So,
will I be replacing it again in less than a year or is it likely to be
a better quality regulator.Â* It wasn't much more expensive than the IR
regulator. Â*Maybe $10 difference.

I've got a few Norgren components including regulators and have never
had an issue with them. The one on my compressor has been in use for a
couple of decades and was 2nd hand when installed. Fairly well known
this side of the pond in the UK as far as I know.

Clare Snyder July 25th 19 07:30 PM

Air Pressure Regulators Revisited

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 08:30:36 -0500, gray_wolf
wrote:

On 7/24/2019 8:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Well, the IR regulator blew out again yesterday.* Took me mere minutes to swap
out to the new one I ordered from McMaster Carr.* I am so glad I put a shut off
valve right on the tank so I don't have to drain it to work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send you, but the
paper work with the regulator says its a Norgren.* I've never even seen Norgren
before, but that name sounds familiar.* So, will I be replacing it again in less
than a year or is it likely to be a better quality regulator.* It wasn't much
more expensive than the IR regulator. *Maybe $10 difference.

IIRC I saw some Norgren regulators on CO2 tanks in the soda fountain trade in
the '50s

As one of the largest and most trusted manufacturers of motion and
fluid control solutions, the Norgren brand has become synonymous with
quality and unmatched reliability in pneumatics and the field of fluid
power in general. Norgren offers a comprehensive lineup of all
components required for any air circuit; however, they are
particularly well known for cylinders and actuators, valves, pressure
sensing and control, airline preparation and their recognizable
push-in Pneufit fittings.

Clare Snyder July 25th 19 07:31 PM

wrote:

On 7/24/2019 8:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Well, the IR regulator blew out again yesterday.* Took me mere minutes to swap
out to the new one I ordered from McMaster Carr.* I am so glad I put a shut off
valve right on the tank so I don't have to drain it to work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send you, but the
paper work with the regulator says its a Norgren.* I've never even seen Norgren
before, but that name sounds familiar.* So, will I be replacing it again in less
than a year or is it likely to be a better quality regulator.* It wasn't much
more expensive than the IR regulator. *Maybe $10 difference.

IIRC I saw some Norgren regulators on CO2 tanks in the soda fountain trade in
the '50s

Within the area of pneumatic motion, Norgren offers tried and tested
products such as cylinders, actuators, airline preparation, fittings
and valves. Proven brands including Lintra, Excelon, Pneufit,
Martonair, Enots and Herion make Norgren’s pneumatic motion portfolio
one of the strongest in the industry. Their strengths are in
applications within sectors such as commercial vehicle, rail,
automotive, automation, food production, packaging and printing.

Gunner Asch[_6_] August 7th 19 11:42 PM

Air Pressure Regulators Revisited

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 18:12:26 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

Well, the IR regulator blew out again yesterday. Took me mere minutes
to swap out to the new one I ordered from McMaster Carr. I am so glad I
put a shut off valve right on the tank so I don't have to drain it to
work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send you,
but the paper work with the regulator says its a Norgren. I've never
even seen Norgren before, but that name sounds familiar. So, will I be
replacing it again in less than a year or is it likely to be a better
quality regulator. It wasn't much more expensive than the IR regulator.
Maybe $10 difference.

Norgren is good stuff. Or it used to be. It was/is US made.

Gunner
__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---