Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Combination 4 Jaw Chuck

I I've never seen a chuck like this, but if I had one setting it up to go on
my lathe would be really close to project number one. This is really cool.

Union chuck shown starting at about 0:45 seconds.

Don't care much abut the Cushman chuck he is actually planning to work with
later in the video.

https://youtu.be/nJKW8bgCv5s?t=45

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I I've never seen a chuck like this, but if I had one setting it up
to go on my lathe would be really close to project number one. This
is really cool.

Union chuck shown starting at about 0:45 seconds.

Don't care much abut the Cushman chuck he is actually planning to
work with later in the video.

https://youtu.be/nJKW8bgCv5s?t=45

A 6 jaw chuck with two opposite jaws removed will center square stock.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I I've never seen a chuck like this, but if I had one setting it up to go
on my lathe would be really close to project number one. This is really
cool.

Union chuck shown starting at about 0:45 seconds.

Don't care much abut the Cushman chuck he is actually planning to work
with later in the video.

https://youtu.be/nJKW8bgCv5s?t=45

A 6 jaw chuck with two opposite jaws removed will center square stock.

*****

I was just seeing a 4 jaw that can act as a scroll chuck or an independent
jaw chuck. Depending on how well it repeats it might be the cat's meow for
repeat work on the same size diameter stock. Dial it once, and then use it
like a scroll chuck.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob La Londe wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I I've never seen a chuck like this, but if I had one setting it up to go
on my lathe would be really close to project number one. This is really
cool.

Union chuck shown starting at about 0:45 seconds.

Don't care much abut the Cushman chuck he is actually planning to work
with later in the video.

https://youtu.be/nJKW8bgCv5s?t=45

A 6 jaw chuck with two opposite jaws removed will center square stock.

*****

I was just seeing a 4 jaw that can act as a scroll chuck or an independent
jaw chuck. Depending on how well it repeats it might be the cat's meow for
repeat work on the same size diameter stock. Dial it once, and then use it
like a scroll chuck.

One of the youtube machinists was just showing a chuck like that. Don't
recall if it was Keith or Adam.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 09:25:11 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I I've never seen a chuck like this, but if I had one setting it up to go on
my lathe would be really close to project number one. This is really cool.

Union chuck shown starting at about 0:45 seconds.

Don't care much abut the Cushman chuck he is actually planning to work with
later in the video.

https://youtu.be/nJKW8bgCv5s?t=45

WOW!! Ive heard of them..but never seen one~~ Cool!!

Thanks!!
__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---