DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   beryllium copper (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/634924-beryllium-copper.html)

MOP CAP[_2_] April 21st 19 01:05 AM

beryllium copper

I have some BeCu strip [ 1" x .020 ] that I would like to make into a
loop to check the co-planerness of a chiwan 4x6. Can BeCu be soldered
[soft or hard], brazed, silfos or whatever? Open to other ideas also.
Thanks,
CP

Jim Wilkins[_2_] April 21st 19 12:36 PM

beryllium copper

"MOP CAP" wrote in message
I have some BeCu strip [ 1" x .020 ] that I would like to make into a
loop to check the co-planerness of a chiwan 4x6. Can BeCu be soldered
[soft or hard], brazed, silfos or whatever? Open to other ideas also.
Thanks,
CP

A 4" x 6" horizontal bandsaw? I can make all the adjustments mine
needs with a combination square.
https://www.amazon.com/Tools-Combina.../dp/B005XUHIBG

I set up angles other than 45 and 90, and compound angles, by clamping
shims to the fence and table.
https://littlemachineshop.com/mobile/sine_bar.php

wws[_2_] April 21st 19 04:05 PM

beryllium copper

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 7:05:39 PM UTC-5, MOP CAP wrote:
I have some BeCu strip [ 1" x .020 ] that I would like to make into a
loop to check the co-planerness of a chiwan 4x6. Can BeCu be soldered
[soft or hard], brazed, silfos or whatever? Open to other ideas also.
Thanks,
CP

solder it

https://materion.com/-/media/files/a...lloy-strip.pdf

David R. Birch April 22nd 19 01:39 PM

beryllium copper

On 4/20/2019 7:05 PM, MOP CAP wrote:
I have some BeCu strip [ 1" x .020 ] that I would like to make into a
loop to check the co-planerness of a chiwan 4x6. Can BeCu be soldered
[soft or hard], brazed, silfos or whatever? Open to other ideas also.
Thanks,
CP

Be very careful working with beryllium copper, it can be very toxic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium_copper

David

---
https://www.avg.com