Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ToolWhore (tm) scores again !

Â* We did a little yardsailin' last Saturday , I picked up 2 pairs of
Vise Grip branded welding clamp pliers for a buck ... but the big pair
was missing the locking toggle . Just finished making a new one from
comparisons with other similar sized locking pliers . This increases my
arsenal to 7 pairs , in 4 different types . That should be enough for
now . Or like blacksmith tongs there is no such thing as enough - eight
sets so far and I see a need for at least 2 more .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs on Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:13:14 -0500
* We did a little yardsailin' last Saturday , I picked up 2 pairs of
Vise Grip branded welding clamp pliers for a buck ... but the big pair
was missing the locking toggle . Just finished making a new one from
comparisons with other similar sized locking pliers . This increases my
arsenal to 7 pairs , in 4 different types . That should be enough for
now . Or like blacksmith tongs there is no such thing as enough - eight
sets so far and I see a need for at least 2 more .

Tools go through three phases: You don't have enough, you almost
have enough, you don't have enough storage space.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs on Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:13:14 -0500
Â* We did a little yardsailin' last Saturday , I picked up 2 pairs of
Vise Grip branded welding clamp pliers for a buck ... but the big pair
was missing the locking toggle . Just finished making a new one from
comparisons with other similar sized locking pliers . This increases my
arsenal to 7 pairs , in 4 different types . That should be enough for
now . Or like blacksmith tongs there is no such thing as enough - eight
sets so far and I see a need for at least 2 more .

Tools go through three phases: You don't have enough, you almost
have enough, you don't have enough storage space.

Â* Kinda like cancer , huh . And I'm already at Stage 3 ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 11:36:44 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Terry Coombs on Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:13:14 -0500
* We did a little yardsailin' last Saturday , I picked up 2 pairs of
Vise Grip branded welding clamp pliers for a buck ... but the big pair
was missing the locking toggle . Just finished making a new one from
comparisons with other similar sized locking pliers . This increases my
arsenal to 7 pairs , in 4 different types . That should be enough for
now . Or like blacksmith tongs there is no such thing as enough - eight
sets so far and I see a need for at least 2 more .

Tools go through three phases: You don't have enough, you almost
have enough, you don't have enough storage space.

4 stages, the 4th being selling off duplicates to make room for other
tool storage.

I'm single, but don't parents sell, um, I mean marry-off their kids to
gain tool storage room?

--
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it look before they cross

OT -- deer hunting success -- He shoots! He scores! Dave In Texas Woodworking Plans and Photos 63 November 30th 12 11:04 PM
Fein scores a hit Tim S UK diy 6 October 22nd 08 11:37 AM
OT - Raging Calif. fires burn scores of homes Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 52 October 29th 07 07:47 AM
100% financing for scores below 600, 90% for below 550 LoanOfficer39 Home Ownership 0 October 7th 06 05:47 AM
couple buying house and credit scores- me too! eoasapgm Home Ownership 3 July 25th 03 07:09 PM