DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Source for Timing Belt (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/627067-source-timing-belt.html)

[email protected] December 15th 18 08:16 PM

Source for Timing Belt

I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a timing belt.

2.5mm pitch
285mm length
6mm width

Everything I can find is from China or similarly far away, and I need it "Yesterday."

Who stocks this stuff in the US?

Thanks

Ned Simmons December 15th 18 08:43 PM

Source for Timing Belt

http://shop.sdp-si.com/catalog/produ...A_6T32MF114060

--
Ned Simmons

Ned Simmons December 15th 18 08:49 PM

Source for Timing Belt

I forgot to mention there's more than one tooth profile for metric
timing belts, at least in pitches larger than yours.

Another possible source:
https://www.brecoflex.com/products/t...ries/#t2-5-bfx

Bob La Londe[_7_] December 15th 18 10:25 PM

Source for Timing Belt

On 12/15/2018 1:16 PM, wrote:
I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a timing belt.

2.5mm pitch
285mm length
6mm width

Everything I can find is from China or similarly far away, and I need it "Yesterday."

Who stocks this stuff in the US?

Thanks

McMaster has more timing belts listed than I care to sort through.

https://www.mcmaster.com/timing-belts

Some with clearly metric nomenclature in the name are listed with inch
pitch numbers though. That's a little annoying.

RangersSuck December 16th 18 05:05 PM

Source for Timing Belt

wrote:

I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a timing belt.

2.5mm pitch
285mm length
6mm width

Everything I can find is from China or similarly far away, and I need it "Yesterday."

Who stocks this stuff in the US?

Thanks

--
Ned Simmons

Thanks, Ned. I found that one shortly after I posted. I'll call them in the morning. Hopefully, they can put a couple in an envelope and get it here in a day.

RangersSuck December 16th 18 05:13 PM

Source for Timing Belt

On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 5:25:55 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 12/15/2018 1:16 PM, wrote:
I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a timing belt.

2.5mm pitch
285mm length
6mm width

Everything I can find is from China or similarly far away, and I need it "Yesterday."

Who stocks this stuff in the US?

Thanks

McMaster has more timing belts listed than I care to sort through.

https://www.mcmaster.com/timing-belts

Some with clearly metric nomenclature in the name are listed with inch
pitch numbers though. That's a little annoying.

Yeah, I hate when they do that, though this belt, with its 2.5mm pitch, is probably really 2.54mm or 0.1 inch. Either way though, I don't see anything at McMaster with that pitch.

RangersSuck December 16th 18 05:13 PM

Source for Timing Belt

wrote:

I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a timing belt.

2.5mm pitch
285mm length
6mm width

Everything I can find is from China or similarly far away, and I need it "Yesterday."

Who stocks this stuff in the US?

Thanks

--
Ned Simmons

That's down in Ed Huntress' neighborhood. If I had time and they had stock, I'd drive the hour or so each way. This isn't exactly critical - the world will live an extra day without the skate sharpener working.