Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Little Bigger Small Plastic Injection Machine

On 12/5/2018 8:57 AM, Bob La Londe wrote: The LNS injector is kind of a
cleaned up Gingery style machine, but with
its own table and press mechanism instead of borrowing those features
from a drill press. I have an LNS injector and it works just fine. Its
slow producing maybe 2-3 parts per minute (with a single cavity mold)
until a mold gets to hot, but it works and I have found it more than
adequate for testing purposes... until now when I need to test some
bigger cavities.

Other than making one (which I could do if I had the time) is there a
similar semi-commercial product out there with just a little bit more
capacity?

What's a good first step for a small proper injection machine.
Something with a semi automated process that has a few second cycle time
with a liquid cooled mold instead of half a minute? Not a big machine.
More along the lines of the smallest commercial plastic injection

machines.

If you were going to make something for testing purposes would you go
with band heaters, cartridge heaters or something else?

I've been looking at small machines like the one I already own along
with the various parts, and I could make a lever plunger type pretty
cheap. It would never have to shoot more then a few parts at a time and
at the cost of most components it would be no big deal to keep spares on
hand, or just build two machines.