Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A new metalworking adventure

Â* My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/28/2018 1:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* My 66 lb steel anvil came today .

How was it extracted from Mark Wieber's skull?

--
Mark Wieber is a dole scrounger, a congenital liar, and a chiseler.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/28/2018 5:01 PM, raykeller wrote:
On 11/28/2018 1:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â*Â* My 66 lb steel anvil came today .

How was it extracted from Mark Wieber's skull?

Â* What is that supposed to mean ? You one of those that think I'm his
buddy ? Or you just can't stand to see an on-topic post in a group
you're doing your best to **** up ? Take your political bull**** and
your ****in' contest somewhere else , you're not wanted here .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 17:39:22 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 11/28/2018 5:01 PM, raykeller wrote:
On 11/28/2018 1:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
** My 66 lb steel anvil came today .

How was it extracted from Mark Wieber's skull?

* What is that supposed to mean ? You one of those that think I'm his
buddy ? Or you just can't stand to see an on-topic post in a group
you're doing your best to **** up ? Take your political bull**** and
your ****in' contest somewhere else , you're not wanted here .

A kill file is a wondrous thing :-)

cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 11/28/2018 5:01 PM, raykeller wrote:
On 11/28/2018 1:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â*Â* My 66 lb steel anvil came today .
How was it extracted from Mark Wieber's skull?

Â* What is that supposed to mean ? You one of those that think I'm his
buddy ? Or you just can't stand to see an on-topic post in a group
you're doing your best to **** up ? Take your political bull**** and
your ****in' contest somewhere else , you're not wanted here .

A kill file is a wondrous thing :-)

cheers,

John B.

I thought I had him in mine , dunno how he escaped .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 6:39:00 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* ? Or you just can't stand to see an on-topic post in a group
you're doing your best to **** up ? Take your political bull**** and
your ****in' contest somewhere else , you're not wanted here .

--
Snag

+1

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news
My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !

Nah! You gotta send that one back and get one that that rings like a dinner
bell. LOL.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-11-28, Terry Coombs wrote:
?? My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

This is great. Can you post some pictures? Especially of the burner. Thanks
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus29702" wrote in
message ...
On 2018-11-28, Terry Coombs wrote:
?? My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring
and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled
material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge
welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks .
Are we
havin' fun yet ?

This is great. Can you post some pictures? Especially of the burner.
Thanks

https://ronreil.abana.org/sitemap.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-11-28, Terry Coombs wrote:
?? My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

This is great. Can you post some pictures? Especially of the burner. Thanks

Sure , might take a day or so .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:47:32 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

* My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

Cool! What kind of anvil did you get?

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

A kill file is a wondrous thing :-)

True. But the real problem is good people like Terry feeding the
trolls. Kill-by-thread is also defeated by trolls who change subject
lines.

My solution with Forte' Agent has been to kill the repeat aggressors
and kill words that are likely to cause flame wars. Beyond, it simply
requires self discipline to skip over the bait.

John

John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com