Old November 28th 18, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A new metalworking adventure

* My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old November 28th 18, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/28/2018 1:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
* My 66 lb steel anvil came today .

How was it extracted from Mark Wieber's skull?

--
Mark Wieber is a dole scrounger, a congenital liar, and a chiseler.
Old November 28th 18, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/28/2018 5:01 PM, raykeller wrote:
On 11/28/2018 1:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
** My 66 lb steel anvil came today .

How was it extracted from Mark Wieber's skull?

* What is that supposed to mean ? You one of those that think I'm his
buddy ? Or you just can't stand to see an on-topic post in a group
you're doing your best to **** up ? Take your political bull**** and
your ****in' contest somewhere else , you're not wanted here .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old November 28th 18, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 17:39:22 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 11/28/2018 5:01 PM, raykeller wrote:
On 11/28/2018 1:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
** My 66 lb steel anvil came today .

How was it extracted from Mark Wieber's skull?

* What is that supposed to mean ? You one of those that think I'm his
buddy ? Or you just can't stand to see an on-topic post in a group
you're doing your best to **** up ? Take your political bull**** and
your ****in' contest somewhere else , you're not wanted here .

A kill file is a wondrous thing :-)

cheers,

John B.

Old November 29th 18, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 11/28/2018 5:01 PM, raykeller wrote:
On 11/28/2018 1:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
** My 66 lb steel anvil came today .
How was it extracted from Mark Wieber's skull?

* What is that supposed to mean ? You one of those that think I'm his
buddy ? Or you just can't stand to see an on-topic post in a group
you're doing your best to **** up ? Take your political bull**** and
your ****in' contest somewhere else , you're not wanted here .

A kill file is a wondrous thing :-)

cheers,

John B.

I thought I had him in mine , dunno how he escaped .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old December 1st 18, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news
My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !

Nah! You gotta send that one back and get one that that rings like a dinner
bell. LOL.

Old December 2nd 18, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-11-28, Terry Coombs wrote:
?? My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

This is great. Can you post some pictures? Especially of the burner. Thanks
Old December 2nd 18, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus29702" wrote in
message ...

https://ronreil.abana.org/sitemap.html

Old December 2nd 18, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-11-28, Terry Coombs wrote:
?? My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

This is great. Can you post some pictures? Especially of the burner. Thanks

Sure , might take a day or so .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old