Old December 2nd 18, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A new metalworking adventure

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:47:32 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

* My 66 lb steel anvil came today . Nice but not obnoxious ring and
pretty decent rebound . Not bad for under 150 bucks delivered . My
blacksmith neighbor helped me assess my "new" from all recycled material
forge the other day , he's pretty sure it's capable of forge welding
temps with just one 3/4" Reil type burner . 6"x6"x10" cavity ,with a
removable back wall so it can be reconfigured for special tasks . Are we
havin' fun yet ?

Cool! What kind of anvil did you get?

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---

Old January 22nd 19, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 06:57:50 +0700, John B. slocomb
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 17:39:22 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

A kill file is a wondrous thing :-)

True. But the real problem is good people like Terry feeding the
trolls. Kill-by-thread is also defeated by trolls who change subject
lines.

My solution with Forte' Agent has been to kill the repeat aggressors
and kill words that are likely to cause flame wars. Beyond, it simply
requires self discipline to skip over the bait.

John

John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com