Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default High performance dry lubricant

I watched a webinar on Molykote's new dry lubricant yesterday. It's quite an advance. Although it's oriented towards production applications, it may be of interest to some members here. I was interested in the possible applications for Stirling engines, which have a real problem with liquid lubricants.

You can see it he

https://event.webcasts.com/starthere...key=ffc63dfe1b

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-10-31, wrote:

I watched a webinar on Molykote's new dry lubricant yesterday. It's
quite an advance. Although it's oriented towards production
applications, it may be of interest to some members here. I was
interested in the possible applications for Stirling engines, which
have a real problem with liquid lubricants.

You can see it he

https://event.webcasts.com/starthere...key=ffc63dfe1b

Is it something like this?

https://www.ellsworth.com/products/b...312-g-aerosol/

That's old Molykote, which has been around for years. The new product is the same company but it's much, much tougher and longer lasting.

So they tell us. But these are the Molykote folks. They probably know what they're doing.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-10-31,
wrote:

I watched a webinar on Molykote's new dry lubricant yesterday. It's
quite an advance. Although it's oriented towards production
applications, it may be of interest to some members here. I was
interested in the possible applications for Stirling engines, which
have a real problem with liquid lubricants.

You can see it he

https://event.webcasts.com/starthere...key=ffc63dfe1b

Is it something like this?

https://www.ellsworth.com/products/b...312-g-aerosol/

That's old Molykote, which has been around for years. The new product is the same company but it's much, much tougher and longer lasting.

So they tell us. But these are the Molykote folks. They probably know what they're doing.

I would like to buy some of iot to try it out...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-10-31,
wrote:

I watched a webinar on Molykote's new dry lubricant yesterday. It's
quite an advance. Although it's oriented towards production
applications, it may be of interest to some members here. I was
interested in the possible applications for Stirling engines, which
have a real problem with liquid lubricants.

You can see it he

https://event.webcasts.com/starthere...key=ffc63dfe1b

Is it something like this?

https://www.ellsworth.com/products/b...312-g-aerosol/

That's old Molykote, which has been around for years. The new product is the same company but it's much, much tougher and longer lasting.

So they tell us. But these are the Molykote folks. They probably know what they're doing.

I would like to buy some of iot to try it out...

As I mentioned, the product is made mostly for production applications. When I want something like that, I call the company and ask for a sample, as I did a few years ago with dry anti-rust coatings, and a few years before that with a new synthetic oil. I usually get a lifetime supply. g

Good luck. I can't help by telling them I'm a manufacturing magazine editor thinking about writing a story anymore, or I'd see what I could do for you..

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
.
... dry anti-rust coatings, ...
Ed Huntress

How well did they perform?
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 6:45:50 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message
.
... dry anti-rust coatings, ...
Ed Huntress

How well did they perform?
-jsw

I don't remember the specific brands, but, in general, they were good if nothing touched them. g

I wasn't impressed.

--
Ed Huntress