DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whats the name of the aluminum strip shape I'm looking for? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/614088-whats-name-aluminum-strip-shape-im-looking.html)

Unk July 4th 18 02:46 AM

Whats the name of the aluminum strip shape I'm looking for?

Something less than 1" in width, about 1/4" in thickness, flat one side,
convex the other.

Want it to put it on a panel as a rub strip.

Bob La Londe[_7_] July 4th 18 03:15 AM

On 7/3/2018 6:46 PM, unk wrote:
Something less than 1" in width, about 1/4" in thickness, flat one side,
convex the other.

Want it to put it on a panel as a rub strip.

Its an extrusion. Maybe surf the aluminum extrusions on McMaster Carr?

I know they have half round,
https://www.mcmaster.com/#aluminum-half-rounds/=1dk5rl3

Yours sounds like a larger radius.

Scroll down third from the bottom. 3/16 is the thickest though.
https://www.mcmaster.com/#aluminum-trim/=1dk5qno

Ned Simmons July 4th 18 10:49 PM

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 01:46:35 +0000 (UTC), unk wrote:

Something less than 1" in width, about 1/4" in thickness, flat one side,
convex the other.

Want it to put it on a panel as a rub strip.

Rub rail.
https://www.westmarine.com/aluminum-rub-rail
https://www.mcmaster.com/#8124a36/=1dkkvzq

--