Old April 16th 18, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 303 DOESN'T WORK HARDEN !!!

On 4/15/2018 9:21 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 20:37:51 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 4/15/2018 7:54 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On 16 Apr 2018 00:29:59 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2018-04-15, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:40:56 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:
[ ... ]

¬* Happy Birthday Ed !
Hey, thanks, Terry! My first Happy Birthday today came from Allstate
Insutance Co. Then came one from Experion. Then came my wife. g

My birthday is easy to remember, too. It's the day the Titanic sank.
And it's Income Tax Day.
FWIW -- I've *never* remembered the day the Titanic sank (nor
wanted to do so), and I remember back when the income tax day was "the
Ides of March", not April, so don't depend on that, either. :-)
Well, see, that's why older people don't remember. Young people
remember, as in, "Oh ****, it's income tax day. And that means it's
Ed's birthday. ****." d8-)

The best thing about it is that I never have to buy a fishing license
again! Not even a trout stamp!

¬* We get that at 65 here in Arkansas . I got mine (hunting and fishing)
, but no trout stamp - I need to fix that , because it's required in
many waters whether I'm after trout or not . If they're there , you need
the stamp .

Yeah, that's the same here (the no-license age, though, is 70). Do you
have wild brook trout in the mountains there, or are they stocked?

¬* I'm pretty sure they're all stocked . There might be one or 2 species
native to this area , I was never much on fishing . Night fishing for
cats with a case of beer along for refreshment¬* was fun though ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

On 2018-04-15, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:40:56 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:
[ ... ]

[...]

I didn't think there were any wild trout in Arkansas, but there are
some as far south as Georgia, in the mountains (or there were, 20
years ago), so I guess it's possible. The water has to be pretty cold
year around for them to survive the summers.

--
Ed Huntress
Old April 16th 18, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 12:23:34 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

Also, since I turned 70 today, I'm expecting it to start going away
soon. So far, I don't detect any substantial differences. But it must
be coming.

Keep that in mind if I respond to technical questions in the future.

Ed Huntress

Happy 70th Ed.

Best Regards
Tom.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 16th 18, 10:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Also, since I turned 70 today, I'm expecting it to start going away
soon. So far, I don't detect any substantial differences. But it must
be coming.

Keep that in mind if I respond to technical questions in the future.

Ed Huntress

Happy 70th Ed.

Best Regards
Tom.

Thanks much, Tom.

--
Ed Huntress

On 2018-04-15, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:40:56 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:
[ ... ]

[...]

¬* Yup , the main places they stock are the deep water dams and stuff .
Apparently some of the rivers downstream of the dams too , they pull the
cold water from the bottom for the power generation turbines . There's a
huge fish hatchery just downstream from I think it's Norfork Dam . They
have the whole thing covered with netting , otherwise the hawks and
eagles would be fat and they'd have no fish .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Old April 16th 18, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-04-15, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:40:56 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:
[ ... ]

[...]

Reduced fees for senior citizens here in Oregon start at age _70_.
There are no freebies for fishermen or hunters in this Leftist-owned
state...yet. All we need are a few more thousand retired (or working)
conservative Californians (most of the people I meet up here are
ex-pat Californicators)

--
We must have courage in the face of sometimes, near insuperable
odds, against the dark forces of statism, political correctness,
Old April 16th 18, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-04-15, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:40:56 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:
[ ... ]

[...]

¬* This wasn't free , it cost me about 35 bucks for the license . It's
good until I die though ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Old April 17th 18, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

* We get that at 65 here in Arkansas . I got mine (hunting and fishing)
, but no trout stamp - I need to fix that , because it's required in
many waters whether I'm after trout or not . If they're there , you need
the stamp .

Reduced fees for senior citizens here in Oregon start at age _70_.
There are no freebies for fishermen or hunters in this Leftist-owned
state...yet. All we need are a few more thousand retired (or working)
conservative Californians (most of the people I meet up here are
ex-pat Californicators)

* This wasn't free , it cost me about 35 bucks for the license . It's
good until I die though ...

Basic fishing licenses go for $41 here, but 'only' $27 after you're
70. Pioneer licenses are $6 if you've been an Oregon native for 50
years.

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
Old April 19th 18, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 19:10:39 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 4/14/2018 3:16 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
303 Stainless Doesn't Work Harden!!! ... or does it???

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thre...ar-trim.68771/

LOL. I give up.

If anybody visits that forum thread. I did not make that last public
post that appears to be from me. Somebody at Hobby Machinist made that
post after they had already banned me. Then they blocked my IP address.
I assume so I would not see what they had done. I didn't even know
about it until one of my friends called me to ask me about it. I posted
about being banned here on 4/15/18 at 12:23pm. That last public post
impersonating me is dated April 16th 2018.

Jeez. What a bunch of dirtbags. That doesn't sound even remotely like
you.

--
Ed Huntress
Old April 19th 18, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/18/2018 9:10 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:16 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
303 Stainless Doesn't Work Harden!!! ... or does it???

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thre...ar-trim.68771/

LOL.¬* I give up.

If anybody visits that forum thread.¬* I did not make that last public
post that appears to be from me.¬* Somebody at Hobby Machinist made
that post after they had already banned me.¬* Then they blocked my IP
address. ¬*I assume so I would not see what they had done.¬* I didn't
even know about it until one of my friends called me to ask me about
it.¬* I posted about being banned here on 4/15/18 at 12:23pm.¬* That
last public post impersonating me is dated April 16th 2018.

¬* That sucks ! In case you haven't seen it , here is Nelson's response
to that message - and mine to him .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson, post: 576957, member: 48598
Bob,

I am sorry you feel this way. As it says in Rule 9 (below), the
moderators are all volunteers, and they do their best.

I suggest that you cool down, take a deep breath, and put things into
perspective instead of sending me messages.

**DO NOT CRITICIZE OR DEFAME THIS FORUM OR OTHER FORUMS:**

**9. You agree not to criticize or make any negative comments about this
forum on this forum or on other forums. The staff are all volunteers.
They do their best. If we see disparaging posts made by you, about us or
our forum, here or elsewhere, your membership will be revoked. If you
feel our rules are "touchy" or "overbearing," try another forum. Posting
that you are "just putting up with us for the information" is not
polite. Be polite or go elsewhere. These rules have made this forum what
it is today, a popular place where people can interact without being
made to feel bad about themselves. Please do not disparage or make any
negative comments about other machinist forums on this forum. That is
not part of this forum's activities.**

Let us please now return to machining!
¬* Nelson , I read Bob's posts in other forums , and he has said he DID
NOT POST THAT LAST MESSAGE - in fact he was unaware of it until someone
else contacted him about it . You might want to clean your own house .
Having conversed with him over several years on a variety of subjects ,
I believe him . If you feel you need to ban me too for disagreeing with
your actions , so be it .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on