Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone in So Cal want a free mill?

I picked this up some 7 or so years ago..and its been sitting in a
corner ever since. Broken table has been repaired properly. It needs
to be reassembled and tested. Might need a bit of turcite under the
slide..maybe not.

Its available in Chino, California, for the next couple weeks. After
that..I haul it up north and put it into my shop. I really have zero
need for it..its small, but would make a wonderful little hobbyist
mill or gunsmith mill

https://goo.gl/photos/d5yTPXMeM8tvZSrf7

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 02 Apr 2018 00:59:01 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I picked this up some 7 or so years ago..and its been sitting in a
corner ever since. Broken table has been repaired properly. It needs
to be reassembled and tested. Might need a bit of turcite under the
slide..maybe not.

Its available in Chino, California, for the next couple weeks. After
that..I haul it up north and put it into my shop. I really have zero
need for it..its small, but would make a wonderful little hobbyist
mill or gunsmith mill

https://goo.gl/photos/d5yTPXMeM8tvZSrf7

3-phase? What HP? I've been wanting a mini-mill forever.
That looks heavier-duty than a HF mill.

--
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it look before they cross
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/2/2018 4:41 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it look before they cross
the road." --Steven Hawking

The looking is predestined and they cannot not look.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I picked this up some 7 or so years ago..and its been sitting in a
corner ever since. Broken table has been repaired properly. It needs
to be reassembled and tested. Might need a bit of turcite under the
slide..maybe not.

Its available in Chino, California, for the next couple weeks. After
that..I haul it up north and put it into my shop. I really have zero
need for it..its small, but would make a wonderful little hobbyist
mill or gunsmith mill

https://goo.gl/photos/d5yTPXMeM8tvZSrf7

3-phase? What HP? I've been wanting a mini-mill forever.
That looks heavier-duty than a HF mill.

3ph yes. about 1hp. I dont recall if its metric or .001

Ive got collets and other tooling for it. You will likely have to
find a vise unless I have one kicking around. About a 4" would be
appropriate.

Its a Makino. And Makino claims tney never made it. (Grin)

You already have this little Yamazon Horizontal/Vertical mill still
sitting here. I gave it to you about 4 yrs ago. You were supposed to
come and get it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TjRIutKOdOonL02I3

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 02 Apr 2018 18:14:45 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

https://goo.gl/photos/d5yTPXMeM8tvZSrf7

3-phase? What HP? I've been wanting a mini-mill forever.
That looks heavier-duty than a HF mill.

3ph yes. about 1hp. I dont recall if its metric or .001

Ive got collets and other tooling for it. You will likely have to
find a vise unless I have one kicking around. About a 4" would be
appropriate.

Its a Makino. And Makino claims tney never made it. (Grin)

You already have this little Yamazon Horizontal/Vertical mill still
sitting here. I gave it to you about 4 yrs ago. You were supposed to
come and get it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TjRIutKOdOonL02I3

Hell...come down and rebuild the transmission in my Chevy Venture..Ill
buy all the parts..and Ill give you BOTH of them.

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Is it because it doesn't have much depth to it, or the Seiki half of
it? Or were they beasts to keep running?

You already have this little Yamazon Horizontal/Vertical mill still
sitting here. I gave it to you about 4 yrs ago. You were supposed to
come and get it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TjRIutKOdOonL02I3

blink,blink You did? Why didn't you tell me?
More info, please. Google doesn't have a single hit.

--
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it look before they cross
the road." --Steven Hawking
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

When you came to the house..I offered it to you. You couldnt load it
because you were going someplace after leaving my house..but you would
pick it up the next trip down.

I gave away the Makino this week..but the Hales/Yamazon is still
available to you.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That was the trip I had the flu, right? No wonder I don't remember
it.

I gave away the Makino this week..but the Hales/Yamazon is still
available to you.

OK, thanks. What does that thing weigh? Size, etc., please?

--
We must have courage in the face of sometimes, near insuperable
odds, against the dark forces of statism, political correctness,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No idea. May have been. Been a few years and Ive eaten and slept a
couple times since then.

I gave away the Makino this week..but the Hales/Yamazon is still
available to you.

OK, thanks. What does that thing weigh? Size, etc., please?

maybe 800 lbs at most. about 4-5' tall..fit in the back of your pickup
nicely.

Pick one...shrug

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncat...icle-mill.html

http://bridgeport.askmisterscience.com/smallmills.htm

Has a horizontal spindle as well as the verticle one.

IRRC...spindle collets on both..are 5C..which is a bit..odd.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Interested in this. I'm local in Corona. text/call me 7143561989 text preferred

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 21:09:32 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 18:22:33 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 12:59:02 AM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked this up some 7 or so years ago..and its been sitting in a
corner ever since. Broken table has been repaired properly. It needs
to be reassembled and tested. Might need a bit of turcite under the
slide..maybe not.

Its available in Chino, California, for the next couple weeks. After
that..I haul it up north and put it into my shop. I really have zero
need for it..its small, but would make a wonderful little hobbyist
mill or gunsmith mill

https://goo.gl/photos/d5yTPXMeM8tvZSrf7

Gunner

---

stil available?

nope...gave it away a week or more ago. Still have Larrys Hale
mill, but its waiting on him.

Soon!

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron