Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default non-leather welding gloves?

replying to chan6ola, Tom Taruna wrote:
Hi,
I myself tried to find something non-leather and tried various materials. One
day i just tried the rubber coated long gloves i had in my workshop and they
work amazingly fine. Cheap and easily available in many shops. I tried short
ones too, but long-sleeved are better. Try it, they should be fine for you too.
Happy work.
Tom, Hertfordshire UK

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...es-635720-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Tom Taruna, Maxie wrote:

I've been welding for almost two decades without any leather gloves. I use the
blue PVC gloves that home depot and lowes carry. I also wear a cotton welding
jacket. The PVC gloves have decent dexterity and good splatter protection and
100% UV protection. They are safe and fairly good with heat resistance until
you start doing long travels at over 200Amps.. then I have to take a break as
I don't have a water cooled torch. I also use these gloves for blacksmithing
as they work well around high heat and if they get badly singed or torn
through they are cheap enough to have several pairs on hand. Until I find
something better (which I haven't) these are still my go to.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Grease-M...3-08/202759384

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...es-635720-.htm