Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rosie the riveter's lathe?

Hi Folks,

What is this machine?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.bb8abd1abc2c

The Washington Post article from which is comes refers to it as a turret lathe (2/3 the way down the article, and just a "lathe" elsewhere) in this obituary on "Rosie the Rivetter". But it looks more like a milling machine with a rotary table than a turret lathe. Is it a gear broach?

Anybody recognize it?

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 06:41:52 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hi Folks,

What is this machine?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.bb8abd1abc2c

The Washington Post article from which is comes refers to it as a turret lathe (2/3 the way down the article, and just a "lathe" elsewhere) in this obituary on "Rosie the Rivetter". But it looks more like a milling machine with a rotary table than a turret lathe. Is it a gear broach?

Anybody recognize it?

Dan

I don't think it's a lathe of any kind. It looks like a
special-purpose bed-type milling machine, built to handle that big
rotary table. The drive shaft suggests that it's a production machine,
but it looks like she's locating the setup with the handwheels -- for
an operation that could have no possible relation to the powered
shaft. Here's a sharper version of that photo:

https://tinyurl.com/y9wycx3u

I question whether the photo is of a real operation, or whether it was
cooked up for the photo. The reason I say that is that there's a gear
fixtured on top, and a toolholder that looks like it could be for a
shaping operation. But the toolholder doesn't look like it's holding a
shaping tool. And there's no way, in wartime production or any kind of
production, that you would cut a gear like that with a single-point
cutting tool making straight cuts. Even if you did, one of the
handwheels would have a big and obvious index-pin dial on it.

The whole setup is screwy. The lathe chuck on top, on top of all of
that fixturing, looks like a kludge. There is no way you'd use a chuck
that way for gear work. And if the suggestion is that she's indicating
or gaging spelling intentional a gear tooth, there is no apparent
way to accomplish the measuring. And that is no freaking measuring
machine.

I'd give it four Pinocchios. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Hi Folks,

What is this machine?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.bb8abd1abc2c

The Washington Post article from which is comes refers to it as a
turret lathe (2/3 the way down the article, and just a "lathe"
elsewhere) in this obituary on "Rosie the Rivetter". But it looks
more like a milling machine with a rotary table than a turret lathe.
Is it a gear broach?

Anybody recognize it?

Dan

=================

There were multiple Rosies, one a local NH woman:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...sing/26596263/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It looks to me like a lash-up to broach an oddball keyway or splines,
unless somone just placed the gear atop the jaws for appearance. I
suspect it was chosen for the photo to show her face next to something
complex and exotic-looking that wasn't in use, covered with oily chips
and spewing them toward the camera.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
wrote:

[...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagonal_method

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 11:45:52 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

First, that Tiny URL I posted above doesn't seem to work. That's the
first time that's ever happened for me. Tiny URL seems to have a
problem with the full URL. Here's the full one:

https://www.gettyimages.com/pictures...re-id515383728

It's physically possible that it's set up to cut a keyway, but I still
don't believe the setup. It's an awful kludge. And if it's intended to
cut splines, how is she indexing it? Finally, if that's figured out, I
hope she's not in a hurry -- it's not like there was a war going on or
something. g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Huntress spam feud was Rosie the riveter's lathe?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 11:21:35 -0700, Peace in our time
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 10:49:34 -0500, Ed Huntress
spammed:
alt.survival,talk.politics.misc,alt.news-media,la.general,alt.politics.clinton
from an original thread in just rec.crafts.metalworking

Don't forget the sunscreen when you troll the schoolyards with your
pecker hanging out, Pecker.

Spam your own group instead of spreading your insanity all over the
web. You claim to be the grown-up; prove it. Thank you.

That was just a reply to something that came from whatever group
you're posting from. Did you also post this message to the poster who
included your group in the list? No? And why not?

Pay attention to the headers. I didn't post the spam.

--

Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hi Folks,

What is this machine?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...parker-fraley-
wartime-machinist-linked-to-rosie-the-riveter-dies-
at-96/2018/01/23/10335d0e-004e-11e8-8acf-
ad2991367d9d_story.html?utm_term=.bb8abd1abc2c

The Washington Post article from which is comes refers to it as a turret
lathe (2/3 the way down the article, and just a "lathe" elsewhere) in this
obituary on "Rosie the Rivetter". But it looks more like a milling
machine with a rotary table than a turret lathe. Is it a gear broach?

Anybody recognize it?

Dan

I think it is a shaper. The tool looks MUCH like a shaper tool, and seems
like it might be held in a clapper box, although it looks kind of different
from what I'm used to seeing. If the setup is the way it was used, and not
just something thrown together for the photo, then she would be cutting a
groove in the FACE of the gear.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:10:16 -0500
Ed Huntress wrote:

First, that Tiny URL I posted above doesn't seem to work. That's the
first time that's ever happened for me. Tiny URL seems to have a
problem with the full URL. Here's the full one:

https://www.gettyimages.com/pictures...re-id515383728

It's physically possible that it's set up to cut a keyway, but I still
don't believe the setup. It's an awful kludge. And if it's intended to
cut splines, how is she indexing it? Finally, if that's figured out, I
hope she's not in a hurry -- it's not like there was a war going on or
something. g

I didn't find an exact match, but what's called a "slotting machine"
seems to be close. Here are a few examples:

https://www.resale.info/en/stanko-7-...l/No-123348639

https://www.worldmach.com/metal-proc...g-machine.html

http://www.planomiller.co.in/elite-s...e-4047350.html

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-industri...30910191110509

They seem to be making them yet in many sizes...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

Yup. That's it. It's a kind of vertical shaper.

The setup, though, is still a kludge. g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

I thought so too, but searching for images of slotters quickly
consumed my meager daily ration of 3G wireless 'broadband' and dialup
is impractical for pictures.

The clapper box looks like a shaper's. The knee appears to rest on the
floor, though.

I have to agree that the photo doesn't quite make sense from the
available information.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/19/2018 4:31 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:17:46 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 2/19/2018 11:34 AM, rbowman wrote:
Ed, thanks so much for cross-posting your **** to alt.survival. From
the subject, I'd guess it started in r.c.m.

Â* It did , and the only two posts that I see of Ed's over here are only
to RCM . I'm betting that someone else added all the other groups ...
someone called "Red" ... I don't think you read RCM , so I have trimmed
all the others and am cross posting only to alt.survival . Just looked ,
the only post from Ed in this thread has had RCM trimmed - and is a
response to that Red asshole .

Thanks Terry. To be fair to Robert (and something you two wouldn't
know unless you were reading both NGs), it was Red Prepper who piled
on the list of NGs and interjected slurs into the RCM thread, and I
replied to him by stripping out RCM and replacing it with
alt.survival.

It's not the kind of thing Iwould ordinarily do, but Red (aka "Red
Pecker") is trying to bugger up RCM in an attempt to get you guys to
killfile me. I just tossed my reply back to him in A.S.

He is a really vicious lowlife who lives on homoerotic slurs and
slander, and he'll walk all over you if you let him.

You''ll miss 95% of this crap if you killfile him or ignore him.

Â* I already have him in the bozobin , if you'd quit responding to him
I'd never see another of his posts ... Really Ed , why do you continue
to respond ? You gain nothing and he's getting what he's after - a
response . The fun for these pricks goes away when they don't get any
attention . Then they go somewhere else and leave us alone .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news
How do you pronounce the designation of a wide flange beam, such as a
W6x12? I learned from texts and never heard it spoken.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hi Folks,

What is this machine?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.bb8abd1abc2c

The Washington Post article from which is comes refers to it as a turret lathe (2/3 the way down the article, and just a "lathe" elsewhere) in this obituary on "Rosie the Rivetter". But it looks more like a milling machine with a rotary table than a turret lathe. Is it a gear broach?

Whoooeee! That's a right nice lookin' machinist. Hubba hubba.
Naomi, if you were Rosie's inspiration, ya done good, girl. RIP

Anybody recognize it?

It looks more like a vertical shaper to me, set up for gear ID
slotting. (not that I'd know anything about either, yet.

There were vertical turret lathes: https://is.gd/dIctwu
And there were vertical shapers: https://is.gd/mYNUkg
Which look pretty similar at a glance.

-- Sir Winston Churchill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
wrote:

Hi Folks,

What is this machine?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.bb8abd1abc2c

The Washington Post article from which is comes refers to it as a
turret lathe (2/3 the way down the article, and just a "lathe"
elsewhere) in this obituary on "Rosie the Rivetter". But it looks
more like a milling machine with a rotary table than a turret lathe.
Is it a gear broach?

Whoooeee! That's a right nice lookin' machinist. Hubba hubba.
Naomi, if you were Rosie's inspiration, ya done good, girl. RIP

Anybody recognize it?

It looks more like a vertical shaper to me, set up for gear ID
slotting. (not that I'd know anything about either, yet.

There were vertical turret lathes: https://is.gd/dIctwu
And there were vertical shapers: https://is.gd/mYNUkg
Which look pretty similar at a glance.

I bought a transmission-end motorcycle chain drive sprocket for my
sawmill and then discovered it has a 13-spline center hole, that I
couldn't index to groove the shaft. The final milling setup using a
52-tooth Sears AA lathe change gear was about that kludgy.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:04:51 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:
* I already have him in the bozobin , if you'd quit responding to

him
I'd never see another of his posts ... Really Ed , why do you

continue
to respond ? You gain nothing and he's getting what he's after - a
response . The fun for these pricks goes away when they don't get

any
attention . Then they go somewhere else and leave us alone .

I'm not going g away.Im moving in and getting the band back together.
Ed his chance, we've been more than patient with the **** in a dress.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 10:49:34 -0500, Ed Huntress
spammed:

alt.survival,talk.politics.misc,alt.news-media,la.general,alt.politics.
clinton
from an original thread in just rec.crafts.metalworking

Don't forget the sunscreen when you troll the schoolyards with your
pecker hanging out, Pecker.

Spam your own group instead of spreading your insanity all over the
web. You claim to be the grown-up; prove it. Thank you.

He can't. He's a **** in a dress.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 10:49:34 -0500, Ed Huntress
spammed:
alt.survival,talk.politics.misc,alt.news-media,la.general,alt.politics.clinton
from an original thread in just rec.crafts.metalworking

Don't forget the sunscreen when you troll the schoolyards with your
pecker hanging out, Pecker.

Spam your own group instead of spreading your insanity all over the
web. You claim to be the grown-up; prove it. Thank you.

That was just a reply to something that came from whatever group
you're posting from. Did you also post this message to the poster who
included your group in the list? No? And why not?

Pay attention to the headers. I didn't post the spam.

--

Ed Huntress

Hey you stupid **** dress. Why don't you just go stay at alt.survival with
your pecker boyfriend? His big red pecker seems to satisfy your needs, what
do you keep running back here for?

Why don't you stop acting like a petulant child with your drive by insults
and just ask that pecker fellow to ram it up your ass really good, till you
scream for your daddy to come save you?

He seems willing, and we won't miss you. Go now **** in red dress, hurry.
Dont look back. We'll send for you if we need you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My opinion is that it is a slotter and the machine is set up for
making a gear. as there ar no chips around, it does not depict a
production situation, maybe a photo op of a nice looking female next to
a slotter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723 wrote:
My opinion is that it is a slotter and the machine is set up for
making a gear. as there ar no chips around, it does not depict a
production situation, maybe a photo op of a nice looking female next to
a slotter.

and here it is, a Pratt and Whitney vertical slotter that looks very
similar to Rosie's machine.

https://www.surplusrecord.com/cgi-bin/adpop.pl?005901

Look at picture No. 3:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:24:51 -0600

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723 wrote:
My opinion is that it is a slotter and the machine is set up for
making a gear. as there ar no chips around, it does not depict a
production situation, maybe a photo op of a nice looking female next to
a slotter.

and here it is, a Pratt and Whitney vertical slotter that looks very
similar to Rosie's machine.

https://www.surplusrecord.com/cgi-bin/adpop.pl?005901

Look at picture No. 3:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

Yeah, that picture sure looks right. There are two different machines
in that set of pictures. About half the images are the model that look
like Rosie's and the others don't...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 19:07:56 -0500
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news
How do you pronounce the designation of a wide flange beam, such as a
W6x12? I learned from texts and never heard it spoken.
-jsw

I'm no help with that one. I only know it from texts too.

Metal working stuff is my hobby line. I was an electricians apprentice
for several years while studying radio electronics. Worked as a two-way
radio, printer and terminal tech for most of my career. We probably
know a lot of the same jargon in those areas

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723 wrote:
My opinion is that it is a slotter and the machine is set up for
making a gear. as there ar no chips around, it does not depict a
production situation, maybe a photo op of a nice looking female next to
a slotter.

and here it is, a Pratt and Whitney vertical slotter that looks very
similar to Rosie's machine.

https://www.surplusrecord.com/cgi-bin/adpop.pl?005901

Look at picture No. 3:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

Images 3, 5, and 7 are for a different machine than the rest. These
show 3 controls on the front while all the rest have only one.
I think you nailed it, though.

Is "slotter" one brand's name for "shaper"?

BTW, when did you start top-posting? I noticed it yesterday.

-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 05:50:35 -0800
Larry Jaques wrote:

snip
Is "slotter" one brand's name for "shaper"?

They're a bit more different than that:

https://me-mechanicalengineering.com/slotting-machine/

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723 wrote:
My opinion is that it is a slotter and the machine is set up for
making a gear. as there ar no chips around, it does not depict a
production situation, maybe a photo op of a nice looking female next to
a slotter.

and here it is, a Pratt and Whitney vertical slotter that looks very
similar to Rosie's machine.

https://www.surplusrecord.com/cgi-bin/adpop.pl?005901

Look at picture No. 3:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

That's it, all right. Now, what was Rosie doing with the handwheels?

She's not indexing it; she isn't even looking at the indexing
handwheel. Is she eyeballing the rotary indexing and the X-Y
positioning? Unlikely, unless the bore of the gear has been marked out
on a surface plate and she's setting it up to cut to the mark.

But if she's doing that, how does she know that she's set up
perpendicular to the centerline?

Once again, it looks like a photo op.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus19723" wrote in
message ...
On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723
wrote:
My opinion is that it is a slotter and the machine is set up for
making a gear. as there ar no chips around, it does not depict a
production situation, maybe a photo op of a nice looking female
next to
a slotter.

and here it is, a Pratt and Whitney vertical slotter that looks very
similar to Rosie's machine.

https://www.surplusrecord.com/cgi-bin/adpop.pl?005901

Look at picture No. 3:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

Congratulations for finding it. The only real difference I see is that
on hers the indexer is bolted on instead of integral. The fittings I
took to be clapper box hinges are apparently setscrews that
rotationally position the tool holder.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723
wrote:
[...]

Of course it's a photo op(portunity), there aren't any chips and she
isn't wearing safety glasses. Her hands are on two handles to support
herself leaning forward. Why would you expect 'cinema verite' in a
busy factory?

The P&W slotter may have been the only machine available that allowed
the bulky tripod-mounted view camera to catch the operator's face
while they pretend to work. I've done enough industrial photography to
know how difficult that can be.

I suspect there were many bracketing shots to obtain a proper exposure
of her skin without excessive glare off the bare metal. There is
contrast and texture fairly deep into the shadows without much
overexposure of the highlights.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723
wrote:
[...]

Well, not to argue, but to add some clarification: If she's setting up
a keyway-cutting job, you won't see any chips. And if she's adjusting
X-Y position to cut from or to a scribed line, her hands would be on
two handwheels. That still doesn't explain what's going on, even if
it's correct. There are other things that don't look right.

As for the photos, having taken photos of machine operations for 40
years, including for over 500 articles and dozens of magazine covers,
I'm just used to making sure it's real. Of course my readers, who were
real industry people, would know the difference and would raise hell
if I faked it. g

I assume the photo was shot as part of a general war-promotion story,
and photo composition probably was more important that photo veracity.

The P&W slotter may have been the only machine available that allowed
the bulky tripod-mounted view camera to catch the operator's face
while they pretend to work. I've done enough industrial photography to
know how difficult that can be.

Right.

I suspect there were many bracketing shots to obtain a proper exposure
of her skin without excessive glare off the bare metal. There is
contrast and texture fairly deep into the shadows without much
overexposure of the highlights.

-jsw

Yes, it's nicely lighted.

--
Ed Huntress

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723

wrote:
[...]

My reaction was that they borrowed the boss' pretty secretary for the
photo shoot. I don't expect models to know -anything- beyond how to
pose.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 12:37:38 -0500
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:20:32 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]

[...]

What struck me as out-of-place were her shoes. Seem fancy for that
kind of work. No sparks in the grinder image. Look at the coworkers
shoes in same. The toe on their left shoe looks well scuffed up...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:20:32 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

..
As for the photos, having taken photos of machine operations for 40
years, including for over 500 articles and dozens of magazine
covers,
I'm just used to making sure it's real. Of course my readers, who
were
real industry people, would know the difference and would raise hell
if I faked it. g

I had to either illustrate the manual, no pretty faces needed or
wanted, or impress the money people who wouldn't notice if the "chips"
were sawdust.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723 wrote:
My opinion is that it is a slotter and the machine is set up for
making a gear. as there ar no chips around, it does not depict a
production situation, maybe a photo op of a nice looking female next to
a slotter.

and here it is, a Pratt and Whitney vertical slotter that looks very
similar to Rosie's machine.

https://www.surplusrecord.com/cgi-bin/adpop.pl?005901

Look at picture No. 3:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

Yeah, that picture sure looks right. There are two different machines
in that set of pictures. About half the images are the model that look
like Rosie's and the others don't...

Yes. Even the above jpeg is not the exact machine that rosie worked
with as I found some slight differences/.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:20:32 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]

[...]

It is hard to tell, but it seems she has long fingernails.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723 wrote:
My opinion is that it is a slotter and the machine is set up for
making a gear. as there ar no chips around, it does not depict a
production situation, maybe a photo op of a nice looking female next to
a slotter.

and here it is, a Pratt and Whitney vertical slotter that looks very
similar to Rosie's machine.

https://www.surplusrecord.com/cgi-bin/adpop.pl?005901

Look at picture No. 3:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

Images 3, 5, and 7 are for a different machine than the rest. These
show 3 controls on the front while all the rest have only one.
I think you nailed it, though.

It was a mix of unrelated pictures, it seems, only this picture is the
correct one:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

Is "slotter" one brand's name for "shaper"?

not sure

BTW, when did you start top-posting? I noticed it yesterday.

I often do it

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:20:32 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]

[...]

Rosie the Riveter was part of a government program to encourage women
to work in industry to replace the men who were in the army. The most
commonly known version of Rosie is probably the 29 May 1943 Saturday
Evening Post front page, painted by Norman Rockwell showing a woman
with a rivet gun sitting in front of the U.S. Flag background.

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2...e-riveter.html
--
Cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:41:35 -0600
Ignoramus19723 wrote:

snip
It is hard to tell, but it seems she has long fingernails.

That wouldn't necessarily be a problem. I've had long fingernails my
whole life. I use them as tools. They make great scrapers for removing
gunk and are essential for the fine manipulation of small parts. I
don't break them all that often. Usually when they break it has nothing
to do with abusing them while working. However roofing, especially
laying shingles will abrade them down to nothing. They were sorely
missed after my re-roofing job...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723 wrote:
[...]

Of course it's a photo op. Look at her shoes. Not really appropriate
for a machine shop.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hi Folks,

What is this machine?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.bb8abd1abc2c

The Washington Post article from which is comes refers to it as a turret lathe (2/3 the way down the article, and just a "lathe" elsewhere) in this obituary on "Rosie the Rivetter". But it looks more like a milling machine with a rotary table than a turret lathe. Is it a gear broach?

Anybody recognize it?

Dan

Its neither..its a slotter

Like this one:

http://www.eifcomachinetools.com/slotting_machine.htm

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Leon Fisk, pecorporation wrote:
Try this site *https://www.prestigeequipment.com/* just click Browse Used
Machinery and Equipment

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...he-644524-.htm