Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Needed: Service Manual for older JET Geared Head Lathe Model GH-1340A

neighbor has started building his garage shop; bought a Torchmate 4' x 4' CNC plasma cutter, MIG & TIG welders, some support equipment; he's a nurse for the VA and always wanted to get into the machining business. the neat thing is as I watch him operate the Torchmate more and more it brings out the imagination in him and he's building more and more neat stuff, and some more "off-the-wall" type of items.

he's just purchased a JET geared head lathe model GH-1340A; I went to the JET website to try to find manuals for it as the previous owners stripped a lot of the wiring and electrical parts (for some reason or other); we would like to have the info to correctly restore this lathe to it's former glory, and get it back online.

the JET website did not have any info for this model; I contacted customer service directly and they forwarded the OPERATOR'S manual for this lathe; this will assist the new owner when the lathe is fired up and begins his lathe-owners
career. I did send another email to customer service to see if we could acquire the service/repair manual, or at a minimum the electrical layout/schematic for this model; sent it today so i'm awaiting their response.

in the meantime I am posting here also to see if possibly one of the goodguys here might have this item in .pdf format; I would purchase, trade, have donated, etc., this info; please let me know!

any responses to me @:

please!

barry
carson city, nv