Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to tell "Cutting Oil" from "Lubricating Oil"

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:06:17 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
Yes, being a blue-collar worker from day 1, I have felt the scorn of
so called "professional" people. (people of color aren't the only
people who are discriminated against.)

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/opini...ein/index.html

Really? Corrupt News Network links?

Wow, how did that article get by CNN "editors"? It casts aspersions
on Lefties! It tells truths! Postmodernist cultural Marxists will
disavow it.

It's a gem. Thank you, Mark Bauerlein. MAGA

P.S: I read an article (no cite) describing Ashkenazi Jews as having
the highest average IQs, followed by Asians, and Whites. Speaking of
jealous scorn, do you think those groups have felt it? Me, too.

Just found this, which parallels the other article:
http://aristocratsofthesoul.com/aver...and-ethnicity/

-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 19:45:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 10:22:56 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:02:39 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
m...

I noticed some other things as I was winding down the business.
Most
of my clients had been totally helpless with DIY/mech/elec.
devices
and probably 80%+ had been KoolAid-drinkin', CNN-watchin' Dems. I
had
to keep a real tight rein on my lips.

Coincidentally I was discussing that last night with a female
professional photographer, while otherwise drinking beer and making
animal sounds with the guys around a bonfire out in the woods.

LOL

Her current art project is documenting tradesmen to show them as
normal humans to an audience of lawyers, stockbrokers et al who look
down on manual skills (that they lack).

Yes, being a blue-collar worker from day 1, I have felt the scorn of
so called "professional" people. (people of color aren't the only
people who are discriminated against.)

I'm heartened to hear that she is doing that project, and I hope it
goes viral.

The envious scorn goes both ways, I get it for being a college
graduate.

I don't know about envy, but I can imagine that it is even more
widespread nowadays, with what colleges are turning out. Video:
parents attended 8% of job interviews and 3% of parents actually
participated in the interview. Aren't Millennials interesting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwG5...ex=457&list=WL

In the past, more scorn went out to overeducated folks who had a dozen
post-nominal letters after their name, but who couldn't tie their own
shoes. (I think Rodney Dangerfield picked up his respect schtick from
some of them.) That said, too many people can't handle someone around
them knowing more than they do, and that's a shame.

I settled the argument with one tradesman by telling him
that a degree may not prove superior intelligence but it does
demonstrate the persistence to complete a long, tedious and boring
task.

That it does, plus, there are many types of intelligence.

Obtaining a science or engineering degree is so far beyond normal
experience that it isn't a good example to compare to.

=Extreme= STEM.

My mother worked at the NH State Library where a degree in -anything-
was required for promotion above her level.

Lots of companies now require some degree in whatever to even accept
your resume/CV.

I got my degree from the school of hard knocks.

ANd like Marty Raney " you want my resume' ? -" and he shows his
work-worn hands - - -
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
news

..
I got my degree from the school of hard knocks.

That, in the form of the US Army, is where I began my automotive and
electronic training. Further education in them plus all machining were
OJT.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
om...

[...]

+1 for that.

-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 10:22:56 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in

message
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:02:39 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in

message
om...

[...]

Ed Huntress got his **** in a dress from the school of crusty ****s.
His daddy was the Dean.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:9rpg8dtbjtv8saarml6egl218198un73nh@4ax. com...

[...]

My "rawhide wrench" has turned ito "fine kid leather" over the years
since I stopped wrenching full-time, but one look at my hands and it's
obvious they've worked for a living sometime in their life - - -. A
closer look finds a few fingertips wider than the rest, as well as
scar tissue on knuckles, as well as a few good scars from cuts - and
more recently the displacement of joints due to arthritis - - -
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 10:22:56 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
om...
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:02:39 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
[...]

We were discussing hard-working hands over Thanksgiving dinner, after
my sister became annoyed that the men were handling bowls she had
warned us were hot. Are you also ambidextrous and able to pick up a
bowl of oven-hot food?
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
I got my degree from the school of hard knocks.

ANd like Marty Raney " you want my resume' ? -" and he shows his
work-worn hands - - -

+1 for that.

My "rawhide wrench" has turned ito "fine kid leather" over the years
since I stopped wrenching full-time, but one look at my hands and it's
obvious they've worked for a living sometime in their life - - -. A
closer look finds a few fingertips wider than the rest, as well as
scar tissue on knuckles, as well as a few good scars from cuts - and
more recently the displacement of joints due to arthritis - - -

Those scars are called Crapsman Love Taps. '79-80 is when I lost my
pound of flesh and gallon of blood to the new Chiwanese steel, before
they re-sourced once again. Grr.

-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:34:20 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
.. .

My "rawhide wrench" has turned ito "fine kid leather" over the years
since I stopped wrenching full-time, but one look at my hands and
it's
obvious they've worked for a living sometime in their life - - -. A
closer look finds a few fingertips wider than the rest, as well as
scar tissue on knuckles, as well as a few good scars from cuts - and
more recently the displacement of joints due to arthritis - - -

We were discussing hard-working hands over Thanksgiving dinner, after
my sister became annoyed that the men were handling bowls she had
warned us were hot. Are you also ambidextrous and able to pick up a
bowl of oven-hot food?

I'm definitely ambidextrous, but no longer oven-safe. I've lost a lot
of callus over the past year+, since retiring.

-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
I got my degree from the school of hard knocks.

ANd like Marty Raney " you want my resume' ? -" and he shows his
work-worn hands - - -

+1 for that.

My "rawhide wrench" has turned ito "fine kid leather" over the years
since I stopped wrenching full-time, but one look at my hands and it's
obvious they've worked for a living sometime in their life - - -. A
closer look finds a few fingertips wider than the rest, as well as
scar tissue on knuckles, as well as a few good scars from cuts - and
more recently the displacement of joints due to arthritis - - -

Those scars are called Crapsman Love Taps. '79-80 is when I lost my
pound of flesh and gallon of blood to the new Chiwanese steel, before
they re-sourced once again. Grr.

I can still see the scars across the back of the fingers on my left
hand courtesy of a dull jack-knife when I was 13. The scars from the
coping saw on my knuckle from when I was 12 is almost totally gone -
at 65. My right ring finger is about 25% wider than the left one at
the tip courtesy of my Snap-on air hammer 30 years ago and still
reminds me on my stupidity when it gets cold. Most of the other
miscalaneous divots and gouges pretty well fade into the back-ground.

It's only been a few years now that my right wrist doesn't remind me
on a regular basis about being shattered for the second time by the
gearshift of an old Chevy pickup back when I was 17 (I put it in
reverse - bad gear kicked the lever back and re-broke the wrist Ihad
broken a year and a half earlier.
Between the 2 breaks it made my apprenticeship as a mechanic
something of a painfull process - and driving the floor shift Mini and
Power-Wagon tow truck interesting - - - .

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Just before my 1st birthday, my 13-month-older sister was ironing my
hand with Mom's iron. At some point, I fell asleep and she plugged it
in. Mom has a picture of the scab covering the back my right hand
with me reaching for an Alaskan crab. The scab and crab are the same
orangey black color. That scar is entirely gone now.

The scars from the
coping saw on my knuckle from when I was 12 is almost totally gone -
at 65. My right ring finger is about 25% wider than the left one at
the tip courtesy of my Snap-on air hammer 30 years ago and still
reminds me on my stupidity when it gets cold. Most of the other
miscalaneous divots and gouges pretty well fade into the back-ground.

Ditto mine.

It's only been a few years now that my right wrist doesn't remind me
on a regular basis about being shattered for the second time by the
gearshift of an old Chevy pickup back when I was 17 (I put it in
reverse - bad gear kicked the lever back and re-broke the wrist Ihad
broken a year and a half earlier.

Oh, ouch. And the agony of rebreaking the same bone must have hurt,
too.

Between the 2 breaks it made my apprenticeship as a mechanic
something of a painfull process - and driving the floor shift Mini and
Power-Wagon tow truck interesting - - - .

Dad took me shooting at the Base range one time and an acquaintance
had his .30-06 that day. I was ten and the guy asked if I wanted to
shoot it. Of course, I did, and he told me to hold it a little bit
away from my shoulder. Dad didn't correct him and it knocked me on my
ass. OMG, it hurt so much I cried in front of them, and I couldn't
use that arm for over a week. Years later, a doctor taking x-rays
asked if I'd broken my collar bone in the past, as it didn't look
quite right. I never did forgive either of those SOBs for it, and
it's still "not quite right". AFAIK, I've never broken a bone (knock
on wood) and hope I never do. I've had two cracked bones (12th rib
and outer metatarsal, neither visible on x-ray)

-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 06:09:59 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

AFAIK, I've never broken a bone (knock
on wood) and hope I never do. I've had two cracked bones (12th rib
and outer metatarsal, neither visible on x-ray)

2 or three broken toes , broken wrist, and 2 crushed fingers. The
wide one was bone meal, the one beside it was in 3 or 4 pieces from
the last joint to the tip. Thankfully both joints still work, and
surprisingly they are NOT the ones curling from arthritis.

The first time I broke the wrist I didn't know it was broken (small
bone, - I think it was the capitate?) but it hurt like hell. When I
broke it again they x-rayed and said it was previously broken - which
means I didn't get workman's compensation for the "work related"
injury because the first break was not work related - - -
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

AFAIK, I've never broken a bone (knock
on wood) and hope I never do. I've had two cracked bones (12th rib
and outer metatarsal, neither visible on x-ray)

2 or three broken toes , broken wrist, and 2 crushed fingers. The
wide one was bone meal, the one beside it was in 3 or 4 pieces from
the last joint to the tip. Thankfully both joints still work, and
surprisingly they are NOT the ones curling from arthritis.

I've diced my thumb tip halfway off once with a gristly piece of meat
and a nice, freshly-sharpened knife. Didn't even feel it until my
thumb shifted on its own. Rinsed in fast water/soap, put in some
triple antibiotic cream, butterflied it down, and bandaged it up. It
was as good as new in 2 weeks, with not much pain, except when it hit
something.

The first time I broke the wrist I didn't know it was broken (small
bone, - I think it was the capitate?) but it hurt like hell. When I
broke it again they x-rayed and said it was previously broken - which
means I didn't get workman's compensation for the "work related"
injury because the first break was not work related - - -

Suckage.

-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 09:04:08 +0800, Perry wrote:

On 14-Feb-18 10:39 PM, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2018 14:33:53 UTC+1 schrieb Red Prepper:
I'm sure Ed ****dress, the **** In A Dress will be along shortly to
tell you everything he knows about lubricating oils and gels. If your
good, he'll even let you try them out together.

Honestly, what happened to this group? Ed is a good guy.

What happened to this group?

From what I can recall many years back Gunner Asch used to cross post
all sorts of crap to survivalist groups effectively inviting a bunch of
nutbags into what WAS a really good productive NG.

You have always been a nutcase.

Im not around much anymore..yet you keep spewing and spewing and
spewing....

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 17:12:57 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 09:04:08 +0800, Perry wrote:

On 14-Feb-18 10:39 PM, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2018 14:33:53 UTC+1 schrieb Red Prepper:
I'm sure Ed ****dress, the **** In A Dress will be along shortly to
tell you everything he knows about lubricating oils and gels. If your
good, he'll even let you try them out together.

Honestly, what happened to this group? Ed is a good guy.

What happened to this group?

From what I can recall many years back Gunner Asch used to cross post
all sorts of crap to survivalist groups effectively inviting a bunch of
nutbags into what WAS a really good productive NG.

You have always been a nutcase.

Im not around much anymore..yet you keep spewing and spewing and
spewing....

The cross-posting from survivalist groups started with you, and has
never stopped since. You know it, they know it, and everyone else on
RCM knows it.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 09:04:08 +0800, Perry wrote:

On 14-Feb-18 10:39 PM, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2018 14:33:53 UTC+1 schrieb Red

Prepper:
I'm sure Ed ****dress, the **** In A Dress will be along

shortly to
tell you everything he knows about lubricating oils and gels.

If your
good, he'll even let you try them out together.

Honestly, what happened to this group? Ed is a good guy.

What happened to this group?

From what I can recall many years back Gunner Asch used to cross

post
all sorts of crap to survivalist groups effectively inviting a

bunch of
nutbags into what WAS a really good productive NG.

You have always been a nutcase.

Im not around much anymore..yet you keep spewing and spewing and
spewing....

The cross-posting from survivalist groups started with you, and has
never stopped since. You know it, they know it, and everyone else on
RCM knows it.

--
Ed ****dress

Interesting. Gunner provides lots of on topic information. All you
provide is a foul stench and comic relief as you sashay through the
newsgroups in your silly old **** dresses.

How can I tell a wood-cutting bandsaw blade from a metal cutting one? micky Home Repair 15 September 18th 11 01:07 PM
Marvel Lubricating Oil J Burns Home Repair 36 June 11th 10 11:13 PM
laminate floor - lubricating oil ? [email protected] UK diy 6 February 10th 06 12:25 AM
Lubricating Oil Andy Hall UK diy 14 September 19th 04 10:52 PM
Lubricating oil for high-speed spindles Tom Gardner Metalworking 2 September 12th 04 02:45 AM