Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Locked out -- my own fault

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 18:05:08 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 06:58:00 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
Doug Miller on Thu, 15 Feb
2018
01:56:00 -0000 (UTC) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the
following:
pyotr filipivich wrote in
om:

[...]
No, I'm not paranoid about locking my keys in the car. nope,
not at all.

The doors in my first car could be locked only when shut, thus
making it impossible to lock the
door from the outside without the key. So I formed good habits
early, and reinforced them long:
I drove that car daily for over seven years.

It's been 34 years since it went to the junkyard, and I *still*
have
never once locked keys in a
car. And I expect I never will. It's just automatic now.

I just check the key hook before closing the last door.
--
pyotr filipivich
"With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels

I pat the keys in my pocket when I pass through an exterior or car
door.

Ditto. That's the only place I ever put my keys. It sucked when I
changed into shorts one summer and habit caused me to lock the door
as
I went to check the mail. Had to dig up my house key, which was
buried. I would never leave a key in a house plant or under a rock,
let alone one of those fake key-hiding rocks, like some people's
kids.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...rity/index.htm

I cringed and quickly turned down that shrill voice. Take some voice
lessons, lady. I loved how she casually tossed out the $279 price of
the thermostat and only $69 for a link to make your thermostat
remotely controlled. These millennials have the oddest sense of need
for apps...even $400 ones.

Pass. Internet or phone-connected apps are never going on my life
support, kitchen, or home security hardware, period.

-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
m...
Doug Miller on Thu, 15 Feb
2018
01:56:00 -0000 (UTC) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the
following:
pyotr filipivich wrote in
news:q5j98d9l2qe4tdututll7su40lopu3s7uu@4ax. com:

[...]
[...]

Originally I searched for high security mechanical cipher locks like
the ones on my labs at Mitre, until I found they cost $400~$500.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cut the tube down to size. Get a bigger magnet and cause the key to drop.
Take out the tube and high G slam the end down on a board.

Martin

On 2/13/2018 5:10 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 2/13/2018 3:46 PM, Dave, I can't do that wrote:
OK, so I hid the keys to the camper and they have dropped down inside

the tube I had them attached to with a magnet. Just spent the last three
hours with all manner of hooky things including an Endoscope that
torments with the a clear view of them firmly attached to the bottom of
the tube. {sigh}

Before breaking out the drills to drill out the locks, any

suggestions on how I might learn the key profile after drilling one? I
have six locked thingies all keyed alike and I do not want to have to
buy six new locks.

Thought I'd throw the problem to the collective super-powers of this

group.

Further admonitions beyond my last three hours of self flagellation

will not help, it is time for positive action. Only saving grace is that
I have time on my side as I only need access it for maintenance.

Thanks.

How deep down the tube?Â* Claw grabbers work pretty good if you can reach
it, but of course if you do have one I am sure its in the tool box
inside the lock camper right?

Locked out scenario Anthona Home Repair 58 November 29th 06 04:09 PM
Ooops, locked myself out! Stewart UK diy 16 September 4th 06 09:25 AM
Locked out mr s UK diy 5 November 29th 05 09:28 AM
Locked out of own house -- Update Success John Chapman UK diy 7 January 26th 04 07:02 AM
Locked out of own house-----almost John Chapman UK diy 13 January 20th 04 12:56 AM