Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents.

Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. Â*Started out to
be 8 of them. Â*I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these 4 all
very similar. Â*Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong speeds
and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't
have enough time to make two more top pieces. Â*Still I have enough for
the most important people. Â*They use either Parker refills or Fisher
Space Pen refills.Â* I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for the
ones to be given out as gifts.

http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_25..._12_25_46.jpeg
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 00:27:12 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. *Started out to
be 8 of them. *I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these 4 all
very similar. *Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong speeds
and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't
have enough time to make two more top pieces. *Still I have enough for
the most important people. *They use either Parker refills or Fisher
Space Pen refills.* I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for the
ones to be given out as gifts.

http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_25..._12_25_46.jpeg

Nice! Simple mechanism too. Now about a pocket clip..and a price?

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. *Started out to
be 8 of them. *I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these 4 all
very similar. *Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong speeds
and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't
have enough time to make two more top pieces. *Still I have enough for
the most important people. *They use either Parker refills or Fisher
Space Pen refills.* I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for the
ones to be given out as gifts.

http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_25..._12_25_46.jpeg

Nice. How does the TSA react to these nowadays? I've heard mixed
reviews. Some "tactical pens" are passed, some are confiscated, and
some arrests were made.

--
Now therefore, be it Resolved by the Fiftieth Annual Convention
of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, That we

--Veterans of Foreign Wars
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/24/2017 11:27 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. Â*Started out to
be 8 of them. Â*I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these 4 all
very similar. Â*Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong speeds
and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't
have enough time to make two more top pieces. Â*Still I have enough for
the most important people. Â*They use either Parker refills or Fisher
Space Pen refills.Â* I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for the
ones to be given out as gifts.

http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_25..._12_25_46.jpeg

You don't happen to have a job for Mark Wieber, do you? That's the only
present he needs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. Â*Started out to
be 8 of them. Â*I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these 4 all
very similar. Â*Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong speeds
and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't
have enough time to make two more top pieces. Â*Still I have enough for
the most important people. Â*They use either Parker refills or Fisher
Space Pen refills.Â* I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for the
ones to be given out as gifts.

http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_25..._12_25_46.jpeg

Nice! Simple mechanism too. Now about a pocket clip..and a price?

---

Too much work to sell. I do have a tough replaceable pocket clip
mechanism figured out, but I just ran out of time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. Â*Started out to
be 8 of them. Â*I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these 4 all
very similar. Â*Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong speeds
and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't
have enough time to make two more top pieces. Â*Still I have enough for
the most important people. Â*They use either Parker refills or Fisher
Space Pen refills.Â* I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for the
ones to be given out as gifts.

http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_25..._12_25_46.jpeg

Nice! Simple mechanism too.

A really simple mechanism for you to increase your chance of getting a
job would be to stop bull****ting in Usenet six hours a day, stop
issuing death threats, pay your back taxes so a background check won't
reveal what a deadbeat you are, and start seriously looking for work.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No clue. I haven't flown in years. I refuse to be treated like a
subject. I'll fly if I have to, but I find I don't often have to.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. *Started out to
be 8 of them. *I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these 4 all
very similar. *Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong speeds
and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't
have enough time to make two more top pieces. *Still I have enough for
the most important people. *They use either Parker refills or Fisher
Space Pen refills.* I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for the
ones to be given out as gifts.

http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_25..._12_25_46.jpeg

Nice! Simple mechanism too. Now about a pocket clip..and a price?

---

Too much work to sell. I do have a tough replaceable pocket clip
mechanism figured out, but I just ran out of time.

Id pay $15 for one.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You seem to have not noticed I was gone for 6 days last week.

But then..you do resemble a carp..striking only at things dangling
before you.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered over
two months ago. That's because it was never offered.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/25/2017 11:22 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered over
two months ago.Â* That's because it was never offered.

What a small, hateful person you are! Is that what makes you happy? If
so, you have a flaw in your soul.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I turned it down. I didnt want to be in airplanes 3-5 days a week.

You were in Solitary when that came up werent you?

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 03:16:32 -0500, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 12/25/2017 11:22 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered over
two months ago.+AKA- That's because it was never offered.

What a small, hateful person you are! Is that what makes you happy? If
so, you have a flaw in your soul.

Right on the mark!
--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I turned it down.

LOL! It was never offered. That was obvious weeks ago.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/26/2017 12:16 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 12/25/2017 11:22 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered
over two months ago.Â* That's because it was never offered.

What a small, hateful person you are!

I'm really not. Mark Wieber is, though - only a small, hateful person
could routinely call for the murder of people who say things he finds
politically unpleasant.

Why do you and Terrell and Jaques all throw in with such a hateful piece
of **** as Wieber? What do you think that says about you?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 03:16:32 -0500 typed
On 12/25/2017 11:22 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered over
two months ago.* That's because it was never offered.

What a small, hateful person you are! Is that what makes you happy? If
so, you have a flaw in your soul.

The Grinch looks down upon him.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/26/2017 9:55 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
Tom Gardner on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 03:16:32 -0500 typed
On 12/25/2017 11:22 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered over
two months ago.Â* That's because it was never offered.

What a small, hateful person you are! Is that what makes you happy? If
so, you have a flaw in your soul.

The Grinch looks down upon him.

How do *I* have a flaw in my soul for mocking someone who routinely
calls for the murder of people he doesn't even know? Why do you people
throw in with a vile, murder-advocating cretin who is stealing from you?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 09:51:14 -0800, Tristan Mauger
wrote:

On 12/26/2017 12:16 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 12/25/2017 11:22 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered
over two months ago.* That's because it was never offered.

What a small, hateful person you are!

I'm really not. Mark Wieber is, though - only a small, hateful person
could routinely call for the murder of people who say things he finds
politically unpleasant.

Say things? Hardly. Else Id be calling for your death every day.

Its the DOING things that are treasonous that I call for their deaths.
As the Founders demanded.

Why do you and Terrell and Jaques all throw in with such a hateful piece
of **** as Wieber? What do you think that says about you?

Why are you not sane?

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Edge Bar Feeders

http://www.edgetechnologies.com/

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/26/2017 12:16 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 12/25/2017 11:22 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered
over two months ago.Â* That's because it was never offered.

What a small, hateful person you are!

I'm really not. Mark Wieber is, though - only a small, hateful person
could routinely call for the murder of people who say things he finds
politically unpleasant.

Say things?

Yep.

Its the DOING things

No one you've identified has "done things" that are treason.

Why do you and Terrell and Jaques all throw in with such a hateful piece
of **** as Wieber? What do you think that says about you?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You weren't offered a job. That was obvious weeks ago.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 10:01:46 -0800, Tristan Mauger
wrote:

On 12/26/2017 9:55 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
Tom Gardner on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 03:16:32 -0500 typed
On 12/25/2017 11:22 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered over
two months ago.* That's because it was never offered.

What a small, hateful person you are! Is that what makes you happy? If
so, you have a flaw in your soul.

The Grinch looks down upon him.

How do *I* have a flaw in my soul for mocking someone who routinely
calls for the murder of people he doesn't even know? Why do you people
throw in with a vile, murder-advocating cretin who is stealing from you?

No wonder you cant get any traction when you use yourself as such a
person.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You werent born with a functional brain. That was obvious decades ago.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered over
two months ago. That's because it was never offered.

I turned it down. I didnt want to be in airplanes 3-5 days a week.

Bwahahaha! Nobody believes there was ever any job "offer." At best,
you applied for a job and your application went into the trash about 1
minute later.

You were daydreaming about getting a good job, walking away from your
debt, and finally buying some land. But it was like dreaming of a
lottery win without buying a ticket. Because deadbeats don't get good
jobs. Try dreaming about eviction. That's the only way you'll escape
your ********.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I hear that.

The last time I flew, the guy at the TSA x-ray told me to take off my
shoes and belt. I laughed, thinking he was joking and he didn't
reply. He repeated it as the two Nat'l Guardsmen with M-16s took a
step forward. I loudly said COMPLIANCE and hurriedly removed them
and set them in the bucket for scanning. That was mid-morning the day
the "shoe bomber" had been nabbed. I was flying to Alaska for my 50th
birthday 14 years ago. My Nikes and belt passed OK and the Guardsmen
stepped back. Interesting morning. Later, I saw the flash on the
right wing, the plane shuddered, and a loud crack sounded. We were
struck by lightning on approach to SeaTac. The cabin lights dimmed,
but the engines didn't skip a beat. 'Twas me first strike.

--
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and
the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish
and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but
never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real,
it is possible, it is yours.
-- Ayn Rand
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

https://www.quora.com/Can-lightning-...fect-as-an-EMP

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/26/2017 9:55 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
Tom Gardner on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 03:16:32 -0500 typed
On 12/25/2017 11:22 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:

You still don't have that job you lied and claimed you were offered over
two months ago.Â* That's because it was never offered.

What a small, hateful person you are! Is that what makes you happy? If
so, you have a flaw in your soul.

The Grinch looks down upon him.

How do *I* have a flaw in my soul for mocking someone who routinely
calls for the murder of people he doesn't even know? Why do you people
throw in with a vile, murder-advocating cretin who is stealing from you?

No wonder you cant get any traction when you use yourself as such a
person.

I get full traction. Meanwhile, you're still unemployable and
scrounging off the dole.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

An obvious lie.

You were never offered any job with Edge Technologies or any other
company. You'll never get a job - just dole scrounging and the
occasional spot janitorial work.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/26/2017 12:51 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:
What a small, hateful person you are!

I'm really not.Â* Mark Wieber is, though - only a small, hateful person
could routinely call for the murder of people who say things he finds
politically unpleasant.

Why do you and Terrell and Jaques all throw in with such a hateful piece
of **** as Wieber?Â* What do you think that says about you?

It shows me that your one-upsmanship is such a winning strategy. Why
don't you go over there and kill his dogs? That will show him! And,
you will easily win the philosophical high ground.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
news
On 12/26/2017 12:51 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:
What a small, hateful person you are!

I'm really not. Mark Wieber is, though - only a small, hateful
person could routinely call for the murder of people who say things
he finds politically unpleasant.

Why do you and Terrell and Jaques all throw in with such a hateful
piece of **** as Wieber? What do you think that says about you?

It shows me that your one-upsmanship is such a winning strategy.
Why don't you go over there and kill his dogs? That will show him!
And, you will easily win the philosophical high ground.

Careful, Tom, you're inciting the disturbed mind of an obsessed
stalker.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

If you've ever worked around a tower that was struck by lightning,
you'll know first hand what that induced magnetic pulse can do to
unshielded circuits. I spent hours on cross country phone calls
arranging for replacement parts, and had one of the techs waiting at the
airport for them to arrive after losing audio on every satellite
delivered channel on a CATV system because o the manager's attitude of,
'It's just audio, why waste money on shielded cable'? The $20 he saved
caused us to spend over $1000 to repair.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Our satcom antennas in domes atop military aircraft were protected
like this:
http://lightningdiversion.com/home/diversion-strips/

https://theaviationist.com/wp-conten...-8C-JSTARS.jpg

What did you use as a reference manual for antenna grounding? My home
antenna mast is next to a granite outcrop that keeps me from
installing the multiple radials I'd like to have.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/27/2017 10:52 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 12/26/2017 12:51 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:
What a small, hateful person you are!

I'm really not.Â* Mark Wieber is, though - only a small, hateful person
could routinely call for the murder of people who say things he finds
politically unpleasant.

Why do you and Terrell and Jaques all throw in with such a hateful
piece of **** as Wieber?Â* What do you think that says about you?

It shows me that your one-upsmanship is such a winning strategy.Â* Why
don't you go over there and kill his dogs?Â* That will show him!Â* And,
you will easily win the philosophical high ground.

Ha ha ha! You're accusing *me* of "one-upmanship" in a thread about the
biggest liar ever in this group, Mark Wieber?

You still have to answer for why you stick up for and side with Wieber.
He's a congenital liar and an extremist who wants to kill people who
disagree with him. If you're not actually siding with him, why are you
too gutless to admit that you find him to be your useful idiot?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thee were no grounding manuals availabe to the CATV industry, so I
used common sense to protect the equipment. Three, 24 ground rods were
driven through the concrete floor for the modulator/processor/computer
racks. Then the racks were lifted over the new ground rods to put them
inside the racks. 8AWG bare copper was welded to the rods, then to the
racks. The paint was ground off the insides of the racks at each bolt
hole, and a star lockwashers were added under each nut and bolt head. At
least eight bolts where each rack joined the next. ALL audio wring was
replaced with Belden two conductor shielded cable, and run in 3" Panduit
ducting, with new double shielded video cable. The original cabling was
run loose over the ceiling tiles, which presented more area to act as
antennas. Since the opening in the Panduit ducting faced the floor, I
used pencils every foot to hold the wires up, until I was ready to
install the covers. I simply slipped them into the open slots, and let
the ducking hold them in place. Once the covers were on, they were
pulled out to make it difficult for anyone to cover up their tampering.

http://www.newark.com/pro-power/wdlt-1212-72/wiring-duct-slotted-pvc-76-2mm/dp/08X6007

A spare 19" aluminum 2U rack panel was drilled for F61 double female
'F' connectors, and used for a bulk grounding plate for the TV antennas
right after they enered the building. That was tied to the 24' ground
rod behind the C-band racks.

After that rebuild, we had no more problems. It had to be done this
way, because we couldn't simply shut down 10,000+ TVs while we made
repairs and did upgrades. I also had to replace the CA3240 CMOS input
Opamps in every modulator, as part of the repairs. I had all 36 channels
working in under 19 hours, which was at noon on a Saturday.

This all happened in 1982.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 13:52:42 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 12/26/2017 12:51 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:
What a small, hateful person you are!

I'm really not.* Mark Wieber is, though - only a small, hateful person
could routinely call for the murder of people who say things he finds
politically unpleasant.

Why do you and Terrell and Jaques all throw in with such a hateful piece
of **** as Wieber?* What do you think that says about you?

It shows me that your one-upsmanship is such a winning strategy. Why
don't you go over there and kill his dogs? That will show him! And,
you will easily win the philosophical high ground.

Perhaps its because Richard realizes that attempting such...will win
him an unmarked grave.

He is afterall..a blatant coward. through and through.

Why else would he use anonomous remailers and 914 (to date) nyms..but
to hide from retribution?

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/25/2017 5:09 PM, Tristan Mauger wrote:
A really simple mechanism for you to not be considered a troll would be to post some metalworking content, instead of trying to find faults in others.

Proverbs 11:12-13 People without good sense find fault with their
neighbors, but those with understanding keep quiet.

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Thee were no grounding manuals availabe to the CATV industry, so
I used common sense to protect the equipment. ... ....
This all happened in 1982.

Now thanks to the Net we have almost too much information, some hard
to find or conflicting:
http://www.repeater-builder.com/ante...x-man-2005.pdf

"are-fifty-six-man-2005.pdf" ???

At Mitre I was reorganized from a digital communications department to
a radio one, of which I knew almost nothing. The company accommodated
us transferees by having a retired British radar boffin teach the
amateur radio class. In return we helped him maintain his extensive
home installation. I was the ground-level assistant to the tower
climber.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/27/2017 9:24 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Showoff!

YES!

I know, I know ---"No brag, Just fact"