DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Measuring distance with light in cars (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/600820-measuring-distance-light-cars.html)

Ed Huntress November 27th 17 04:04 PM

Measuring distance with light in cars

This is for the real tech weenies. It's a free webinar, but you'd have
to sign up:

"Measuring Distance with Light in the Automotive Industry: LiDAR,
Radar, and Cameras"

Dec. 6, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST

https://tinyurl.com/y95qrcvp

--
Ed Huntress

[email protected] December 9th 17 05:22 PM

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 11:04:25 AM UTC-5, Ed Huntress wrote:
This is for the real tech weenies. It's a free webinar, but you'd have
to sign up:

"Measuring Distance with Light in the Automotive Industry: LiDAR,
Radar, and Cameras"

Dec. 6, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST

https://tinyurl.com/y95qrcvp

I just googled: laser to measure distance

Several pocket-sized devices are on the market.

Ed Huntress December 9th 17 05:33 PM

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 09:22:50 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 11:04:25 AM UTC-5, Ed Huntress wrote:
This is for the real tech weenies. It's a free webinar, but you'd have
to sign up:

"Measuring Distance with Light in the Automotive Industry: LiDAR,
Radar, and Cameras"

Dec. 6, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST

https://tinyurl.com/y95qrcvp

I just googled: laser to measure distance

Several pocket-sized devices are on the market.

Yeah, I have one of the Stanley models built under license from Leitz.
It's accurate to 1/8 inch in 100 feet. I've checked it against quality
steel tapes and it's more consistent than any tape of that length.

However, this is something different. It isn't about measuring for
manufacturing. It's measuring distances to objects you don't want to
hit in a car. The interesting thing about it is that the webinar
covers three different technologies.

Those webinars are usually archived, and are availble online after the
initial presentation.

--
Ed Huntress